Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

How sensitive are you to the paranormal.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

How sensitive are you to the paranormal.

On my Mother's side of the family it seems more of us have seen and or sensed something at one time or another. Some of us more often.

On my Father's side no one ever seemed to talk about the paranormal. The only encounter my Father would ever talk about occurred in that Medway house we were living in, when he witnessed a sprit attempting to hurt me.

To this day I'm still running into things here and there, I never go looking for them. This leaves me wondering why, why would any presence let themselves be known to me. I haven't invited these experiences and as I said before I've not gone looking.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#2 Mustang

Mustang

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

I hear you! I have been dealing with the paranormal since I was five years old. I have seen, felt, and heard things that I do not particularly care to hear. Every so often it's not that bad. I mean, it's not scary, but I have had experiences that have scared the bejesus out of me. I have written my stories on a site called yourghoststories.com if you ever wanted to stop by and read them or I can just copy them off of that site and post it here. I did send in two of my stories here but I haven't heard anything about them being posted yet.

As for it running in the family? I think it does. I have it mostly on my dad's side but I think it's on my mom's too. I also have a VERY close bond with my fifteen year old, she also has this curse or gift, what ever you want to call it. One time her and I were arguing. She was laying on her bed with her friend next to her on the bed. The arguement got so intense with emotions that her light on the ceiling lit really bright, then dimmed and repeated this until I left the room. Crazy!! Her friend couldn't believe what she just saw. My daughter and I were quite shocked ourselves since that was the first time that happened.

#3 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:15 AM

No-one in my family are sensitive to the paranormal, but me !

Also none of my family know that I am, its just something I keep to myself until they have passed over, and I am able to communicate with them.

I can only think we are chosen for a reason, and for me, well, they had their 6 cents out of me so far lol

#4 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:11 AM

For all my interest in contacting spirits I can't sense them at all.

Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, To be we know not what, we know not where.

#5 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:35 AM

I hear you! I have been dealing with the paranormal since I was five years old. I have seen, felt, and heard things that I do not particularly care to hear. Every so often it's not that bad. I mean, it's not scary, but I have had experiences that have scared the bejesus out of me. I have written my stories on a site called yourghoststories.com if you ever wanted to stop by and read them or I can just copy them off of that site and post it here. I did send in two of my stories here but I haven't heard anything about them being posted yet.

As for it running in the family? I think it does. I have it mostly on my dad's side but I think it's on my mom's too. I also have a VERY close bond with my fifteen year old, she also has this curse or gift, what ever you want to call it. One time her and I were arguing. She was laying on her bed with her friend next to her on the bed. The arguement got so intense with emotions that her light on the ceiling lit really bright, then dimmed and repeated this until I left the room. Crazy!! Her friend couldn't believe what she just saw. My daughter and I were quite shocked ourselves since that was the first time that happened.

Mustang

Great forum there.
I will have to spend some more time checking it out.
Pleas do post here, or if you like maybe start a Blog on this board.

There was a time when I was younger that I felt this to be a curse, I was always afraid to move to yet another apartment or house due to us having lived in a few "inhabited" locations. I didn't want to find myself in another, that may be even worse than a previous.

I do still wonder why, since I have made no effort to hone what ability I seem to have.

In the meantime I let that sleeping dog lie, If they come they come.

M.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

#6 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:11 AM

No-one in my family are sensitive to the paranormal, but me !

Also none of my family know that I am, its just something I keep to myself until they have passed over, and I am able to communicate with them.

I can only think we are chosen for a reason, and for me, well, they had their 6 cents out of me so far lol

Mark London

I don't know what I would have done If My Mother and Sister didn't see and hear the things I did. I think I would have felt cut off, maybe even a bit loony.

My mother accepted that these abilities seem to run in the family, but insisted we should not attempt to open these doors ourselves."Don't go where you haven't been invited" she would tell us.

I had mentioned a ghost in another post, that still resided's in my mums house. We dubbed her Junior. My mother is the reason Junior's real name hasn't been sought out. She is afraid to upset our little sprit, perhaps causing her to become less "cute" and more scary.

I have never communicated with anyone in my family that has passed on. Though others in the family have. My great Aunt, Uncles and Grandmother have herd form there siblings.

Part of me would like to communicant with a relative who has passed, the other part sprouts feathers and pecks corn.

M

#7 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

For all my interest in contacting spirits I can't sense them at all.

rayan005

A big chunk of me wants to say "be careful what you wish for" the other part says, I hope you do have and encounter or encounter's that will satisfy your curiosity.
Above all I hope they are safe.

M.

#8 Mustang

Mustang

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:25 AM

Mustang

Great forum there.
I will have to spend some more time checking it out.
Pleas do post here, or if you like maybe start a Blog on this board.

There was a time when I was younger that I felt this to be a curse, I was always afraid to move to yet another apartment or house due to us having lived in a few "inhabited" locations. I didn't want to find myself in another, that may be even worse than a previous.

I do still wonder why, since I have made no effort to hone what ability I seem to have.

In the meantime I let that sleeping dog lie, If they come they come.

M.

I figured out, after several years of this happening, that it was not the places that I moved that was haunted, it was me. It seemed like every place I moved paranormal things would happen. I had this 'Shadow Man' that would follow me where ever I moved. Then there was one time when I was staying at my ex-boyfriend's mother's house in 2000 when I woke up at about 2:30am to something trying to pick me up from out of the bed. I was sleeping on my stomach and I felt something try to lift me up. I woke up and turned around to see this huge, black floating mass above the bed. When I turned around to look at it, it backed up towards the opposite corner of the bed. I woke up my boyfriend and he saw it right before it disappeared. When I knew that he saw it, I knew that it wasn't a waking dream or something like that. I've had things crawl in bed with me. I have had really freaky things happen to me.

#9 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

I used to be hyper-sensitive... but now I'm afraid my "senses" are becoming more dull as I venture into my 20s.

When I was younger, I would hear things. Ive always had a knack for reading places... for example, there are spaces and rooms that I would never dream of entering by myself in a few of the houses I've lived in. When I was in high school, I used to see small shadow people out of the corner of my eye, and I would feel vastly uncomfortable walking down the main hallway in my house. A few years ago, I saw a ghost at my university, which was scary and exciting all at the same time. I havent been in touch with my sensitivity lately, though. I'm looking to re-develop my "skills", so to speak.

#10 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

Mustang,

I guess I consider myself very luck that nothing seems to be following me. Though it does seem every place I've lived as well as a few places I've worked, there seems to be something. Not always a "haunting" but sometimes shadows, other times just the feeling.

How do you handle being followed like that?

M

ghosthuntress16

Just from my own experiences once you know you can "tune in" so to speak, it never seems to go away.

I would venture to guess you will be able to get back in touch with that part of your skills.

M

#11 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Nice topic, M - and, some great posts being made, here. :)

I have shut off the majority of my sensitivities over time. Things still “slip” through every now and again (particularly with my retro-cognition, which has been impossible to eradicate completely), but for the majority, the ol’ senses are nice and dull. Thank God. I feel that my life is just so much more fulfilling and positive without all of that “stuff.”

“Curse or gift” - good one, Mustang! I call it a curse (save where my family members’ spirits are concerned - and, they are always allowed to visit me when and if they wish). And, although I’ve primarily had positive encounters with spirits in the past, back when I was doing a lot of mediumship, my life had such a negativity about it (which was also due to other things, as well). Since I’ve “cut off” the sensitivities and started focusing more on living people and my own life, my life has become a lot more happy and comfortable, over-all.

As for people who want to have an experience but never have, I wish I could express how lucky they are. At its worst, sensitivity is harrowing and sometimes even dangerous (like, having a total retro-cognitive flashback while driving and being “caught“ in time for several seconds while driving at 30 mph - yeah, you know it’s a problem when you swerve to miss a lady in early 1900’s garb…) - at its best, sensitivity is draining and can gloss over one‘s life with varying degrees of negativity that are very hard, often impossible, to recognize until it’s either too late or one shuts the sensitivities off.

I don’t know my mother’s side of the family well at all. All I know is what my mother has shared with me. I’m led to believe that a few key people in that family are sensitive. My father’s side is loaded with family members who have had regular experiences (primarily due to the fact that my uncle visits us regularly). Over-all, I’d say my father’s side has more people experiencing paranormal encounters. However, I think that those who are sensitive on my mother’s side are more “genuinely” sensitive (by “genuinely” I mean they are readily experiencing paranormal phenomenon of various kinds that are not primarily due to a family member’s visit). A few, like myself, have had some terrifying encounters and have found our experiences, as a whole, to simply be too time and energy consuming that we have gone through the process of shutting the sensitivities off as best we can. For us, this is the only way we readily function and be comfortable in our lives.

:)

#12 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

Vivienne_DuBois,

I had no idea someone could shut down so to speak. As we were growing up my Mother would discourage us from seeking out an encounter. If it came to us "fine" but don't go looking.

There were times I would have killed, to be that person who could say "what are you talking about?, I don't feel, see or hear anything strange"

I am grateful the more frightening things are in the past, but do keep my fingers crossed I don't fide my self faced with terrorizing images, being hit, or seeing things I just don't want to.

I'm glad you are able to rein it back.

M

#13 Shellie22

Shellie22

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

Mustang - I had a similar experience. I was having a very heated, not going well, discussion with a new guy I started dating and discovering that the "dream man" I had hoped for was not so dreamy. While we were arguing, I was trying so hard not to cry and just when I thought I couldn't hold it in anymore, the lights started flashing on and off in the room and immediately following his bathroom door upstairs slammed shut. (No wind, and carpet in the bathroom, so not somthing that could happen on its own.) Because I had previously told him sometimes "things happen" around me, he stopped arguing, said "what the ????" and instantly I didn't need to cry anymore - so I took that as a great intervention by whoever was with me that day to help me be strong.

#14 Shellie22

Shellie22

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

I'm new, just posting today. I actually joined, finding the site while looking for comparisons to what other people see. I have always seen ghosts, as early as I can remember. I've seen them in different forms, but once in awhile I see what I saw today. And it was interesting because it happened when I was having an acupuncture treatment. My acupuncturist was inserting needles and BAM, here they come - there were 4, and when I see them in this form they look like this... if you ever saw The Abyss, when the water takes a form, they look like that. They're small and either tear shaped or round, and they fly around my head. (I know that sounds so strange.) I told my acupuncturist that she had really good energy in there (she has a lot of crystals, etc.) because there was no negative energy when I saw them.

On the other hand, I read a post from someone on here comparing the black spirits to those on the movie Ghost, and I had to post about that too, I have seen that as well, and flipped out when I saw the movie because that's exactly what they look like to me when I have seen them! Luckily, only a few times compared the numerous times I've seen positive energies.

So just saying Hi. Glad I found this site. My friends all know what I see (hear, smell, feel), and some of them have even had experiences when around me, but it's just not the same as being able to talk to others that experience it as well. Hard not to look crazy if it slips out in casual conversation.

#15 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

I'm new, just posting today. I actually joined, finding the site while looking for comparisons to what other people see. I have always seen ghosts, as early as I can remember. I've seen them in different forms, but once in awhile I see what I saw today. And it was interesting because it happened when I was having an acupuncture treatment. My acupuncturist was inserting needles and BAM, here they come - there were 4, and when I see them in this form they look like this... if you ever saw The Abyss, when the water takes a form, they look like that. They're small and either tear shaped or round, and they fly around my head. (I know that sounds so strange.) I told my acupuncturist that she had really good energy in there (she has a lot of crystals, etc.) because there was no negative energy when I saw them.

On the other hand, I read a post from someone on here comparing the black spirits to those on the movie Ghost, and I had to post about that too, I have seen that as well, and flipped out when I saw the movie because that's exactly what they look like to me when I have seen them! Luckily, only a few times compared the numerous times I've seen positive energies.

So just saying Hi. Glad I found this site. My friends all know what I see (hear, smell, feel), and some of them have even had experiences when around me, but it's just not the same as being able to talk to others that experience it as well. Hard not to look crazy if it slips out in casual conversation.

Shellie22,

Greetings and Welcome to GV...

I'm sure you will find most people here very friendly and easy to correspond with.
I'm rather new as well and have been relieved so far to find so many individuals here who know exactly what I'm talking about; and don't make me feel nuts.

Has the experience with your acupuncturist ever happen before? I'm wondering if it made you more open to seeing the energies around you.
It would be interesting to know if others have experienced the same sort of thing.

Once again Welcome :clap:
M

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users