6 replies to this topic

#1 Cam

Cam

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal and spirit communication

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:31 PM

Hello everyone! I've been thinking about getting an EMF detecor to bring along with me on my ghost hunts, I just don't know where to start. I don't know what to look for, and to look out for, and how much to pay for a good EMF detector. Would the one on this site be good? http://www.ghosthunt.../emfmeters.html . I just don't want to mess up and spend a large amount of money and find out I didn't need too. OR find out that I bought a crappy one that won't help me. So please help me out! Thanks.

Cam
"If we can evolve and instrument so delicate as to be affected by our personalities as it survives in the next life, such an instrument, when made available, ought to record something." -Thomas Edison, 1920

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 30 January 2005 - 12:22 AM

This EMF meter will work just fine I am sure. I don't think that you need to go off the deep end to buy a really expensive one. In my opinion they are a little bit cumbersome and awkward to use. I usually have more equipment in my hands and can't give them the attention that they require. When using them, you are looking for small jumps in the field. The problem is that they can jump for mundane things as well such as televisions, electrical wiring, etc. It can be difficult to tell if it is a ghost or some mundane reason for the jump some times. I have one and never use it. I get better results at knowing where ghosts are by using the chill that I get down the spine when I am near a spirit. I would start out with a lesser priced unit like the one that you have linked and see what you think of them. If it becomes an important piece of equipment to you then I would invest in a more expensive meter.

Just my opinion
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Cam

Cam

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:52 AM

Thank you for the responce. I thinK i will try that one out and see how I like it. I'm sure it won't be jumping around in a cemetery because I don't think anythign electrical is in there so it may work in there. I'll try it out. Thanks!
"If we can evolve and instrument so delicate as to be affected by our personalities as it survives in the next life, such an instrument, when made available, ought to record something." -Thomas Edison, 1920

#4 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:41 AM

You wouldn't think so, just remember to practice with it. Also keep in mind that you can get a pegged reading around someone's cell phone, camera, or even their head (lots of electrical activity going on in some people's head, sometimes none in others, lol). I've even seen them to get finicky around large metal objects. Be patient and methodical when using one.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#5 Cam

Cam

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, this one that I bought will detect weather it is a cell phone's signal its picking up or something else. Its pretty cool. I'll make sure to test and play around with it to get the hang of it and stuff! Thanks for the tips.

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

The very best thing to do is leave the cell phone in the car if you go investigating.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 SouthernSpirits80

SouthernSpirits80

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:04 PM

NO NO put the cell phone in your pocket but turn it off, ya never know when an emergency may come up and you need help.

That is a decent EMF meter to own. You just wanna stay away from the digital ones because you can read a needle better with sudden spikes and reading can be estimated where with a digital all you get is a fluctuating reading that you cant read LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users