Kitchen Lake

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 r3alif3

r3alif3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

Hi there, My name is Drew. I'm relativley new to this forum, but recently I and some others have been searching for directions to Kitchen Lake. Unfortunatley I have come up with nothing. If anyone knows how to get there, please it would be greatly appreciated. You can reply to this post or email me at A.brown77@gmail.com Thanks so much- Drew

#2 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:43 AM

Welcome to GV Drew. Where is this Kitchen Lakes located? You mst remember that Ghost Village is a very large community with members all over the globe, so if you could be a bit more specific I'm sure somebody from your region will have the info that your seeking.

Could you share any of the legends and lore about this place? What's drawing you there?
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#3 r3alif3

r3alif3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

Welcome to GV Drew. Where is this Kitchen Lakes located? You mst remember that Ghost Village is a very large community with members all over the globe, so if you could be a bit more specific I'm sure somebody from your region will have the info that your seeking.

Could you share any of the legends and lore about this place? What's drawing you there?

Ah, yes hehe, sorry was being narrow minded there. Kitchen Lake is located in the tumble weed state of Oklahoma. Recently some high school peers of mine took a trip down there and something really spooked them out. I love the paranomal, and everything supernatural, so I decided to gather up some friends, get the gear and prepare for a road trip down there. As for the legend I will repost a summary on it that you can find at http://theshadowland...es/oklahoma.htm

Oklahoma City - Kitchen Lake Bridge - The legend of the bridge past Kitchen Lake is that a very long time ago, a witch lived in a wooden house with a stone chimney right before the intersection of 119 and Air Depot, where Air Depot ends. The house burned down mysteriously and only the fireplace and chimney are left standing. There have been several occurrences of smoke seen coming out of the chimney. If you go about 2 miles down the road, where the road ends at the bridge, there are 10 or 12 separate piles, one of old toys, one of old clothes, one ceiling tiles, one wood, one glass, and several more that you can't see anymore because they have all been burnt to ash. There are things hanging from the trees and animals with heads missing have been seen out there as well. Witnesses report even seeing the different piles smoldering at times. Legend has it the witch died in a fire and her soul still burns anything that is near her property with a vengeance. Even the few scattered houses out there have scorch marks on the roofs. Driving out there, cars tend to not start, headlights often go off, and there is an incredibly eerie feeling surrounding the whole area as if someone is watching you. You can also hear footsteps following directly behind you if you are VERY quiet and when you turn around, there is nothing.

#4 TOOLkid

TOOLkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:27 PM

kitchen lake is off of sooner road on s.e. 119th, when on sooner you turn east onto 119th and go down the dirt road a ways and on the left side of the road you will see the house, or whats left of the house, the chimney no longer stands, me and a fellow board member, Margie, made it to this location yesterday, we went during the day so nothing really stood out to me as odd or anything except for the demon dog down the road from the house, i will definately have to check this place out at night and see if there truely is anything freaky about the place, the only thing that would seem freaky to me is the fact the house is pretty much in the middle of no where it seems

#5 Kitty F

Kitty F

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

Hi All,
I'm new here and was browsing and just happened on these posts. I live in Oklahoma right in the middle of Indian Territory (near Tahlequah) There is a lot of places around here that are rumored to be haunted. My grandaughter and her husband and I go to old cemeteries sometimes and take pictures. I've never seen anything yet. We recently went to Beaver Gap at night and it sure is a scary place.
When I was little we lived on a farm close to Tecumseh and I allways felt like someone was watching me out side. My mom said the place was haunted. My nephew died there on his 2nd birthday from a sudden unknown illness and then my 17 Y/O brother was shot and killed by his best friend just down the road. Recently my daughter and me and her daughter and son went back there and my daughter said when we were near the place where my brother was killed she got a really strange feeling and wanted to leave. I've allways believed it was haunted.
Does anyone know the name of the cemetery refered to as the Indian Cemetery in Tahlequah. Is it supose to be the Tahlequah City Cemetery?
Hope to read more OK. Stories. Glad to be a member. Kitty F

#6 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

Welcome Drew and Kitty F! Both of you are grasping the essence of this site; posting and commenting! Welcome and well met to you both! :whoohoo:
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#7 jmitchell88

jmitchell88

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

Has anyone heard about the Haunted Train Tracks in Tulsa, Oklahoma? If so do you know where it is located?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users