• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#46 maharet

maharet

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 08:52 PM

Oi, I can't even imagine what would happen if my ex was a member on this board....

#47 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,201 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:38 AM

isn't the priority in

NOT BEING PUSHED AROUND TOO MUCH

and

NOT HAVING TAKEN FOR GRANTED?

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#48 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:19 PM

I would say that honesty and trust are the 2 most important things in a relationship.  After that I would have to say that the person is your best friend.  Then the next thing I would have to say love,.  If you listen to my mom, the second time you marry you marry for money because you marry for love the first time (joking).
Peace, love and happiness always!

#49 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:24 PM

They worked it out   ;D

I knew they would .

Love and a little time . Time has a way of cooling things off and allows for the middle ground to be found.

Im happy for them .  ;D

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#50 Pink_Pear

Pink_Pear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:06 PM

You can talk up trust, honesty, common interests, communication, etc etc etc  but I can tell you it isn't enough.

Chemistry is everything.  There MUST be a spark.  You must make each other's heart race.

I've been married for seven years to a guy that I have very little in common with.  Matt is a very much a math/science kind of guy, but I'm more of a poetry/philosophy sort of girl.  Does that make sense?
Hobbywise, Matt likes taking stuff apart, figuring out how it works, and fixing it.  If its not broken he will make it work better.  As for me, I like to sit and meditate in dark, quiet cemeteries.

Somehow, we couldn't be any happier...

#51 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 09:26 AM

WHile natual chemistry is a great gatherer, I feel that Honesty and it's little brother trust are Vital. I know my wife would NEVER let me go out of the house dressed like a dope, but my friends not only would, they would engourage it and help me accessorize.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#52 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:03 PM

Lets not forget attachment value  ::P

See eariler post in this thread  by SpiritsofMd   ;D
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#53 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:02 PM

as far as traits go, trust... however the ONE thing that really ticks me is when my girlfriends get a bf they ditch their real friends... this ended a 5 yr friendship for me when one friend disappeared 4 six mths (which @ this time I needed her) then comes back, saying that shes past the 6th hump and can hang out with her friends... I called her up one time hysterical (I couldnt drive, I had pulled over) and she said shes call me back bc she was @ work... she never called and went to hang out with her bf... she said she was sorry but just 4got and Im sorry, but you dont 4get something like that... then whenever I call AHEAD of time to make plans with her she'd always be hanging out w/her bf and couldnt fit me in... when hed cancel shed call me and expect me to drop everything 4 her

My advice:
Your friends will outlast most of your relationships... don't 4get they're there... guys are not the most important thing in the world... believe it or not you can actually have a good time without a beau.
<sigh> and they say Im bitter :P

#54 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 12:41 PM

My advice:
Your friends will outlast most of your relationships... don't 4get they're there... guys are not the most important thing in the world... believe it or not you can actually have a good time without a beau.

Wiccad1, I completely agree with you.  In my very first relationship, I blew off my friends all the time, and my family just so I could have more time with "the one I loved".  Thankfully, I had really great friends who saw through my stupidity and knew I would eventually come back around.  I am still friends with most all of them, and am grateful for them sticking by me.  It feels great to have a boyfriend/girlfriend in your life-believe me!  But he/she should be able to handle taking the back-burner to your friends if something comes up.  If they can't handle sharing you with your friends, then he/she needs to go!!!
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#55 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:24 PM

AMEN TO THAT!

#56 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:29 PM

Why, thankyou!  :P
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#57 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:48 PM

its nice and ressuring to see that there are still some ppl who value friendships :P

#58 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:21 PM

I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't have the friends I have.  I appreciate them so much.  :P

#59 Wiccad1

Wiccad1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

I know... I'd be so lost without mine... plus they help me keep my sanity... sometimes @ least. Its amazing tho, how some of my friends and I came to be... whats great is we dont even have to say how we're feeling and the other one knows exactly... we're N'Sync... I am sucha ham :)

#60 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 27 August 2003 - 06:42 PM

I will agree to that.  I would had been lost if it wasn't for my friends.  When my ex-fiance walked out of a 4 year relationship I was totally lost.  I would still be lost if it was not for my friends.  I know what is like to be ditched by a gf that has only time for her bf.  I have a friend that is like that.  She is young so I let it slide.  Another friend and I have instituted a girls only night.  That is fun.  We do girl stuff and it feels good to break away from the normal everyday routine!
Peace, love and happiness always!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users