• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Buxom66

Buxom66

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:18 AM

my mom died 11 years ago ,my grandmother died 18 years ago and from time to time I would have dreams about mom but rarely of my grandmother(mom's mom) but in the last month or so been having alot of dreams with my mom in them where she is either standing near me, or riding in a car with me but she never talks and is sort of in "soft focus" surrounded by gold light and is always smiling at me. the other night I had a dream where both my mom and grandmother are standing said by side in a white building , sorta out of focus and surrounded by gold light and I could tell they were smiling at me but that was it! I wonder why the can't/won't talk to me and what these dreams mean! any ideas/opinions gratefully accepted!!

#2 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

Welcome to Ghost Village Buxom66!

could be they are visiting back with you and letting you know in thier own way that they love you and are doing well ;)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:13 AM

My own grandmother passed on when I was 15. I do recall one dream I had of her a few years ago, and the giest of the dream was that she never died at all, but was still around.

I took it as her way of letting me know that she was still around in a way.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:39 AM

I think dreams of relatives are either their way of letting you know they are okay, or as a way to work out your own feelings of grief (but this would only be after a recent death...I kept dreaming that my dad was not dead, that he had gone on vacation, or was playing a joke on us, eventually those dreams stopped). Or they might be trying to warn us of something.

If they are bathed in a gold light and smiling then I would take it as a good omen. The reason you are dreaming about them more now than before might be that you are going through a stressful time in your life and they are there to comfort you?
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#5 Buxom66

Buxom66

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:52 PM

Thanks everyone!!! your opinion's really helped; it's good to know mom and nana are still watching out for me, I feel alot better about the dreams now.

#6 crwbaird

crwbaird

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

I was looking into information on seeing your loved one after they die, as in walking around, and I came across this site: http://www.signfromlovedone.com/
It had a nice feel good message to it and I recommend checking it out.

#7 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:35 AM

My mom's mom passed away just before Midsummer. When I still lived with my parents, I saw her quite often but we were never really friends.
Then back in June my sis called and said grandmother had died of a stroke. She hadn't been well for a while but it was still a surprise. Sure I felt bad but I just couldn't cry... not before the funeral and seeing her open casket. And even then it was more like a reaction to the other people crying.

About a month or two afterwards I had a dream about her. I was in the reception just after the funeral and everything went like it really did on that day. Suddenly I noticed grandmother sitting by the long table, same side as I was. Nobody else noticed her sitting there. She looked straight at me looking infinitely sad and shook her head slowly.

My other granny (dad's mom) died back in 1991 or 1992 when I was about 10yo. She used to look after me when my parents were at work and even this day, when I visit the house she used to live in, I have the feeling she's still watching over me. Mom told me granny used to keep an eye on me from the windows facing the backyard - where the feeling of being watched is strongest. Sadly she passed away before I got the age where old people are interesting. I regret never having really known her.
After she passed away, I've had several dreams of her. For some reason she doesn't look the way she actually did and she's always acting sort of... possessed. I don't like those dreams because it's not the way she really was in real life.

I don't consider myself a very emotional person and I've never had any supernatural experiences. I've been told though that dad's mom's mom knew how to contact spirits and that's why some of the furniture have been haunted. I think there has also been healers ("blood stoppers") in that side of the family.
On the other hand I'd like to think some of that talent has been passed from generation to generation, but on the other hand... I don't even want to know :P

#8 FayeShinomori

FayeShinomori

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, reading, writing (poetry and short stories), animals, paranormal (obviously)

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:24 AM

My own grandmother passed on when I was 15. I do recall one dream I had of her a few years ago, and the giest of the dream was that she never died at all, but was still around.

I took it as her way of letting me know that she was still around in a way.

My beloved grandfather died from cancer when I was around fifteen and it broke my heart. Locked in a downward spiral of depression, I was really losing grip on reality when I had a dream in which my grandfather told me that he was coming back. I remember waking up and sobbing because I knew it was just a dream and he would never be able to come back. I guess it was his way of trying to make me feel better. Somehow I know he's in peace because every time I visit his grave I just feel so relaxed and peaceful.

#9 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

A good friend of mine's sister passed away a few years ago. Once in a while my friend dreams about her. I knew his sister also so when he tells me that he had a dream of her I ask, "how is she doing?" because we believe it's her just keeping in touch.

#10 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hello.

What stood out from your post for me was your mom riding with you in a car.
I've had that dream about my dad. He passed away in 1975. To this day, I will
have the "car dream," but on very rare occasions.

You are being watched over, and that is a blessing.

Happy New Year,

Angeicus

#11 ladyshar

ladyshar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

treasure those beautiful dreams and encounters you have with them:). i had one with my stepfather about week after he died, he touched my foot as I rested and je told me he was okay and i'm positive it was him ( his spirit,) he was glowing beautiful and there are other reasons that let me know it was him. blessing to you!

shar

#12 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

When people die, only their bodies are gone. The spirit remains because it is eternal. And of course they come to visit you. That's one of the ways they communicate with you. They will always be with you. :kitty:
petunia4998

#13 FayeShinomori

FayeShinomori

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, reading, writing (poetry and short stories), animals, paranormal (obviously)

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

I think I sort of had an encounter with my grandfather shortly after he died. My grandmother was moving because the house held too many memories for her. I walked into the room in which my grandfather died and it was so hard. I was choking back tears. But I laid down in the exact spot where his bed had been (he had had a hospital bed towards the end) and closed my eyes. And all of a sudden, I just felt this overwhelming sensation of peace and beauty. I felt like he was there with me. And I closed my eyes and fell asleep and woke up feeling warm and at peace. Somehow I knew he had come back and let me know he was okay. I have no doubts that he is in a beautiful and wonderful place now where that awful cancer can't ravage his poor body anymore. He meant the world to me and I'm glad to know that he's doing fine.

#14 dnor28

dnor28

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:I am very interested in starting a paranormal investigation group in my area.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

I lost my very best friend on 8/8/99 in the line of duty as a Depty Sheriff. I have had 2 dreams of her since then and I truly believe that she came to visit with me in my dreams. I remember asking her how she was, what she was doing, but the most vivid question I remember is asking her what it was like to be dead. It was very comforting dream and I sometimes wished it happened a lot more than just the two times.

#15 Jess521

Jess521

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

My great gramma died about 10 years ago. It was really bizarre because back in the early summer (2007) I had a dream that she was in my apartment and she looked beautiful, all dressed up with her makeup on. I still remember the jewellery too and it was actually stuff that she wore when she was alive. I can remember the outfit too. A beige shirt with brown dress pants and her brown beaded necklace. Anyways, in the dream she was helping me move out of the apartment; in real life I never had the intention of moving. My gramma (her daughter) was also there and she was cleaning in the bathroom. I went to clean my oak table and my great grandma said "No, no don't use that cleaner, only use pledge on that lovely table, my dear." And that was the dream. Well has anybody read my post about her before. I believe it is in "Gramma's Chair" She was the one where my cousin and I were talking about her one day, about our dreams of her and how beautiful she was and then all of a sudden we heard this noise, an energy noise like a balloon popping. And we knew that she was there with us. I was in Saskatchewan at the time.
So mid trip when I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone he informed me that the apartment was starting to fall apart and the roof needed major repair. He started to pack our things and we would be moving in with his parents for a while. So ya, when I think about it, maybe it was great gramma communicating to me that a move would soon be on the way, and that she is watching over me :D
JESS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users