• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:59 AM

Well here is my philosophy on how things would work in a perfect world...

Companies - such as Yahoo - would offer free services like chat and a messenger program to give you a preview of how stellar there service is; then that would attract users to purchase their pay services and inspire confidence in the company.

But reality is that not only does Yahoo not care about how well their free services work, but they don't offer much in way of support if you pay for any of their other services. I know this because I've done searches to find support in general other than on Yahoo and stumbled across a forum wherein there was a topic discussing the lack of support for even services that are paid. One of the members of that forum stated that he even tried to call Yahoo Inc. and when he was finally able to talk to a live being, he was told that people working at Yahoo are encouraged to not respond to customers in any way.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#17 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:05 PM

Well now it seems I have yet another problem with my Yahoo Messanger. Well whenever someone types a message to me, I get not message at the bottom of the window saying that so and so is typing a message, for example, if I was talking to aloha, it would say: "Aloha is typing a message." Only I get no message saying that they are typing one. I don't know what the deal is. Does anyone else know what might be wrong? I also have been having problems viewing other contacts webcams on my list, I mean I get a invite to view there webcam, and I click accept, and then I get a message saying "Sorry you appear to be behinde a Firewall and are currently unable to use the Yahoo! Webcam Service." and then at the bottom of the window it will say "waiting for permission from so and so." I don't know why I should not be able to view there webcam, I was able to view other peoples webcams before on my list just fine and now I can't. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
-Chris-

#18 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 07:36 PM

If worse comes to worse, you could always uninstall and then reinstall your messenger and see if that makes a difference.
Posted Image

#19 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:05 PM

Yeah and let me guess if I un-install and re-install Yahoo Messanger then that means that all my contacts will be deleted and I will have to re-add them right?
-Chris-

#20 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

Yahoo! maintains your contact list on their server, so you shouldn't lose it upon reinstalling.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#21 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 13 March 2005 - 08:26 PM

And if you're running XP, be sure to disable that firewall. If you already have one, it will work better than the one that comes with XP.
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#22 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:21 PM

Well I just un-installed and re-installed my Yahoo Messanger, so hopefully this will work.
-Chris-

#23 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

Hope everything goes well!! Messengers can be a pain in the butt! I generally run only MSN, AIM gives me too much spyware, and most of my friends are not on Yahoo....Best of luck, Chris!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#24 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:50 PM

Hope everything goes well!! Messengers can be a pain in the butt! I generally run only MSN, AIM gives me too much spyware, and most of my friends are not on Yahoo....Best of luck, Chris!

Thanks Jen!
-Chris-

#25 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:40 AM

As far as looking for that keylogger...go to PC World.com and type in the search for Spybot Search & Destroy. It is an excellent and free I might add, spyware tool. It will scan your machine and remove any spyware that you have picked up. The first time I ran this program I was amazed that it caught over 200 different spyware programs running on my computer. Talk about speeding things up again. Give it a try, it is a wonderful program.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:13 PM

I already have a spyware program, I have Microsofts Anti-Spyware, and I have no spyware on my machine.
-Chris-

#27 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

I already have a spyware program, I have Microsofts Anti-Spyware, and I have no spyware on my machine.

you're joking right? Spybot and Ad-aware are way better then M$'s tool

#28 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:25 PM

I wouldn't trust much of anything from Microsnot.

#29 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:02 PM

I wouldn't trust much of anything from Microsnot.

neither do I <_<

Microsoft anti-spyware I installed on my system messed up my browser, and I couldn't access ANY of the java enabled sites for a few hours, including GV. All I did was to install the latest upgrade of Java virtual machine. :D

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#30 bernadette

bernadette

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:12 PM

Speaking from experience it sounds like someone has hacked into your yahoo account. It has happened to me many times! Change your password!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users