• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:02 AM

OK well I have been having some Java Script problems on various website with my computer, and I would like to know if anyone knows of how I can fix these Java Script Errors that I am having? I do not understand why I am having them in the frist place, I don't seem to know what the deal is with it, but I am tired of going to these website that I go to and have all of these Java Script Errors, and it is not the websites that I am going to that have problems on them, everything on them works fine, because I have gone on them on a different computer (one at my school) and they all work fine. I do have a Java Applet on my computer, well whatever that is, I have no clue as to what it is suppose to do, or if that is what is causing the problems. Well any help on this matter would me most appreciated.
-Chris-

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:32 AM

As I previously stated, Java != JavaScript, so your Applet probably has nothing to do with the JavaScript errors.

You may wish to reinstall the Microsoft JavaScript Engine (do a search for scripten.exe). A friend of mine had a virus that uninstalled this important chunk of code.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

Aloha isn't there some type of thing on the net that I can use to upgrade my Java Script or whatever, if there even is such a thing, as that may be the problem. Well as for reinstalling that I am cannont as I have just asked my step-dad and he said it was installed, so there is no need to reinstall it. Although Aloha it seems to be that my computer is the only one in the house that has these types of problems with Java or any other type of thing. Well I am not sure what I am going to do now,I guess I will always have these problems and they will never get fixed, oh well, computers, there is always something wrong with them.
-Chris-

#4 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:54 AM

Welll Aloha, I am just going to reinstall the Java Script on my computer, after all it is MY computer, I paid for it and all, so I will do whatever I want to it. I am going to try and reinstall it, so hopefully that will fix what is wrong with my computer. Although Aloha from the link you gave me it lists different versions of the Java Script, how can I tell which one I need for my computer? I do not want to go out and download some version of it that I am not going to need, or something that may mess up my computer.
-Chris-

#5 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

Um...Aloha, Microsoft has stopped thier version of Java and they now use Sun's Java for pc's running XP(depending wether or not that's Sinestro's OS)

Here's Sun Java(which I believe they created Java, but I could be wrong) http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

#6 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:26 PM

Um...Aloha, Microsoft has stopped thier version of Java and they now use Sun's Java for pc's running XP(depending wether or not that's Sinestro's OS)

Here's Sun Java(which I believe they created Java, but I could be wrong) http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

Yes you are right hawk2k3, as Microsoft no longer supports Java Script, and yes Sun is the one who came up with Java, and are the ones who now support it. Thanks for the link, I will install this and see if that works or not.
-Chris-

#7 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

Actually I heard Microsft was forced to stop due to copyright/trademark thingy

#8 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:53 PM

Well I installed it, and it does not work, I went to another site and I could not see the shout box on it so it does not work. I just don't get why it is that when I go on my parents computer I can see the shoutbox on this one site and on my computer I cannont. Prehaps then it may not be my Java Script after all, mabey it is something else, but I could not think of what. Although I think that it is my Java Script, as I go to another site that requires it and whenever I click on the images to see them in a larger size, I cannont see them, but when I go on my parents computer I can, I just don't get what is wrong, prehaps someone can help?
-Chris-

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

Check the IE settings.

I do have JRE (Java runtime Environment) installed on my system and all Java stuff works for me.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#10 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:03 PM

Alright I will do that on both my computer, and my parents computer, and report back.

Edit: OK I just enabled my Java Console on my machine after I reinstalled that new Java Script thing from this site: http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp So I have to reboot for that to take effect, I am not sure what you mean by Java Runtime Enviroment? I am going to check my parents computer now though. Check back in a sec.
-Chris-

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:12 PM

Download Java

#12 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

I have done that already MoonChild and that did not work. I just checked my parents IE settings and saw what they have on there, and they have some stuff that I do not have enabled on mine. I just don't know what the deal is with this thing. Prehaps MoonChild, I can Print Screen My IE settings and send them to you and you can see what I do not have on mine that you do on yours, so then mabey you can see what I am missing?
-Chris-

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:30 PM

:) sure, reach me on my eMail. I shall see what help I can do.

#14 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:39 AM

Well ok I have just been informed that the shoutbox on the other site does not require Java Script, so if it is not my Java Script causing the error, then what is?

Still though there is a problem with my Java Script, even though I just reinstalled it, I went to this site that uses Java Script and clicked on the images of the car and they did not show up in the box next to the thumb nails, can any of you go to this site: http://automobiles.h...delName=Insight and click on the pictires of the car and see if they show up in the box for you? They don't for me, and I do not know what the deal is. I know it is not a problem with the site as I can go to it at school and they images show up fine, the whole site works perfectly, but on my computer it does not. I have not checked my parents computer with this site, but I am sure that theres probably can display the pics as well, but I will check it tomorrow and see.

Here is what happens when I click on a photo on the Honda site. http://jupiter.walag..._Page_Error.JPG

Also this is the error that I get on the other site that I cannont see the shoutbox on: http://jupiter.walag...ror_Message.JPG
-Chris-

#15 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:15 AM

Sinestro, what is the OS you use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users