#17 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:57 AM

It works great for me Sinestro, but do you have a QUICKTIME plug in for your browser?

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#18 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:55 AM

Um I never knew there was a Quicktime Plugin for your browser. I do have Quicktime though. Where can I get this plugin at?
-Chris-

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:59 AM

http://computing.fan...iequicktime.php

check this link. I guess you dont need a plug in if you have Quick Time installed, but need to check the IE settings.

#20 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:24 AM

MoonChild that is for Mac OSX, that would not work on my computer as I have Windows XP Professional. How can I tell if I already have the Quicktime Plug in for my browser?
-Chris-

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:30 AM

sorry guy, gimme some more time.

#22 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:31 AM

OK I just updated my Quicktime, I just opened up my Quicktime Player on my computer, then went to "Help">> "Update Existing Software" and it found a bunch of updates, so I updated them.
-Chris-

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:33 AM

Fine, but tell us if your problem is solved yet.

#24 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:59 AM

Um well It did not work at all, I still cannont see the shoutbox on that site, and I went to the Honda site and I could not even see the images in the window next to the thumb nails when I clicked on them. I wish my Uncle Jimmy was here, as he is a computer tech, and he would be able to fix what is wrong, I know he has MSN so I will try to reach him on there. I am going to go to another website that I go on regularly really fast and ask a guy on there I know as he is a computer tech and he might be able to help me out.
-Chris-

#25 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:10 AM

I am going to go back to my parents computer really fast and see if I can get that honda website to work on theres, and see what happens.
-Chris-

#26 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

Well to my surprise the honda site works on my parents computer and everything, I just do not kow what the deal is with this.
-Chris-

#27 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

did you try uninstalling Java, reboot the pc, Install java again and then reboot your pc again? Also try defragging the darn machine...seems to work for a bunch of probs I've had :weeee:

#28 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

No I have not uninstalled my java and reinstalled it. Although I talked to my Uncle Jimmy who is a Computer Tech and he connected to my computer and looked at it, well we did bunch of things and could not get it to work. I have even switched browsers and it still don't work. I have had these problems with my machine ever since I got it, so is what he told me to do was reformat it, since the error happend so long ago that it would be impossible to find out where it began at so that is the best option. Although like usual my step-dad told me I am not going to reformat it as I do not see why it is up to him it is MY computer NOT his, and I really do not know what is wrong with it.

You know if my stupid step-dad wouldn't have ever though he had to touch my system in the first place then mabey it would be FINE, but oh no of course he thinks he his MR. KNOW IT ALL and will do it himself. Well I do not know what I am going to do with my computer, as my Uncle Jimmy said there was all sorts of problems with it, so oh well I guess, I do not know what to do.
-Chris-

#29 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

Um...Aloha, Microsoft has stopped thier version of Java and they now use Sun's Java for pc's running XP(depending wether or not that's Sinestro's OS)

Here's Sun Java(which I believe they created Java, but I could be wrong) http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

Java and JavaScript are two different languages!!!!!! Java is a programming language developed by Sun that is compiled into "bytecode". JavaScript is a scripting language (originally called LiveScript) developed by Netscape that is interpreted at runtime. Netscape got permission from Sun to rename LiveScript to JavaScript in a marketing ploy. Microsoft developed a similar script, which is called JScript because of Netscape's trademark. The "standard" JavaScript is called ECMA Script.

Microsoft cannot market their imcompatible programming language as "Java", so they modified it to form J# (now defunct) and C#.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#30 Sinestro

Sinestro

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

I talked to a programmer today and he looked at these sites I go to and said that they all have programming errors on them and that is why I cannont see them correctly. I am not sure though as I think he is full of it, because if they were to have programming errors on them, then how can any of you go to them and they show up right, and I can even go on my parents computer and they all shows up right and they even have IE on there computer. The programmer also said that my Java Script is toast and that I need to reinstall it, but I have already done that and none of the sites work right. I have now just uninstalled Service Pack 2 from my computer and IE 6 and then just reinstalled Service Pack 2 and then after that I went to install IE6 but I got a error that said I already have a higher version of IE on my computer, I mean how can that be so, I just uninstalled it, so there is NO IE ON MY COMPUTER.

I don't know what to do anymore, as my step-dad told me I have to wait till IE 7 comes out, well whenever that is or IF that ever is, I hate this computer, the best thing to do is what my Uncle Jimmy told me which would be to reformat, but my parents won't let me do that, I mean how dumb is this, they are going to let me upgrade my processor to the New Intel 3.8 and get the New Radeon X850 but won't let me reformat, I just want to call a technician to come over but my parents won't let me do that either. So does um anyone else know anything I can do to get these sites to show up right?

Here are those sites in IE and in Mozilla.

Internet Explorer:

http://jupiter.walag..._Page_Error.JPG

http://jupiter.walag...deo_Gallery.jpg

Mozilla FireFox:

http://jupiter.walag...lla_FireFox.JPG

http://jupiter.walag...lla_FireFox.JPG

Edit: Does anyone know why my computer keeps making this annoying clicking noise whenever I click on links?
-Chris-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users