• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the net lately? In the lats few days? At times it seems I can't get into any sites. And then some sites. My provider is Comcast and that was the only site I could get into the other day. My e-mail and ftp is working fine, but I just can't connect to any sites. Just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else was having problems lately.

I get so paranoid that terrorists are going to disrupt our internet access, which would be a really great way to disrupt America's work flow.

Anybody?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 07 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

I have been having similar problems. Several times in the past few days, the first time that I try to open a page, it says "not found" and then the second or third time it is there. I know right now g-mail is down. Who knows WTF is going on! (I have Cox BTW and its only gone completely down once in the last nine months..so maybe its a global or regional thing)
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#3 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:00 PM

Bridgie,

Comcast has weirded out lately for me too...hmmm you might be on to something but as long as its the Internet they mess with and not Rome this week all will be good in the end.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#4 IceGoddess

IceGoddess

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:supernatural, history, reading, writing, criminology, cartoons, camping

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:01 PM

Um have you dumped your Cache lately Bridget?
I love Shanon.Currently running Life 3.3 operating system. Upgrade due in 8 months.My Forum

#5 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

No problems up this way, neither home nor work. Rogers generally provides excellent service, and the few times there were similar issues over the years I've used them, when I call the tech support line, there's already a recorded message saying they know about the problem, here's what it is and it's being worked on...and lo and behold within 5 - 10 minutes I'm back up. The company that provides for my office is usually pretty good as well.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#6 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:44 PM

Hotmail is down. Right now.
Yet MSN Messenger is still working......
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:56 PM

we have a different provider, but I DO EXPERIENCE these problems, and it really gets bad at times. My cable gets disconnected often, some sites do not load, at times it is all a mess.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#8 dannyboy

dannyboy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:10 AM

i cant sign in to my smn messenger at all, also i have now lost the taskbar at the bottom of my desktop, dont know how the hell to get that back, all my icons on the desktop have grown in size and dont fit on my desktop properly, and im going to crack up everything is going wrong and i dont know how to fix it

please help me
I LOVE U ALL

#9 dannyboy

dannyboy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:ghosts,egypt,ufos me kids me kids again and unhealthy food with red wine or vodka

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:18 AM

that was msn messenger by the way
I LOVE U ALL

#10 dannyboy

dannyboy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:57 AM

ive sorted out my pc prob with the screen resolution, but i cant sign on to msn exporer at all, and i cant remember my net passport password, to see if its my passport thats the prob, but if it was my passport, then surley it would prompt me to get a new one,????
I dont know but i cant check any emails or nothing im soo sad. :) :D :(
I LOVE U ALL

#11 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

Comcast has been "Upgradeing" network which has resulted in the loss of DNS services for some or all Comcast users. Last night my internet was completely down from 7:00 PM to 4:00 AM EST. Comcast User will have outages the next couple of days.

#12 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

Sammy, thanks! That explains it! Now I am relieved.

:) :D :( :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#13 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:14 AM

Comcast has had a lot of problems in the past 6 months. I tried to call them last night and I kept getting the message that their number has been disconnected. I think they just don't want the hassle of people calling in and complaining. I am seriously thinking about swithching to a different service.

#14 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

No problems here so far.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#15 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:14 AM

A couple of liks if you want to know what went on.

Comcast Outage

Comcast outage 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users