T.A.P.S. and the rubber ball

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

Hey Amy,

I got so bored that I never finished watching the show. Hopefully when they have the results show on Wednesday they will include some footage of measuring the floor. Somehow I doubt it though. The thing is (and these are just my unscientific thoughts) it's an old building which leads me to conclude that due to settling the floors are probably not level. Also, there were very few windows on that level of the building, so there must at some point have been a breeze. The thing that stood out to me, before I fell asleep, was that when Grant, Jason and Elijah were with the ball they repeatedly commented on how there was no breeze. However, when Kris and Dustin were on that floor, Kris repeatedly commented on how windy it was! So was it not breezy between 9 and 10, and then the wind kicked up around 11 or so when the other two went up? It's possible.

Richard, if I may....first I want to say that I have seen your website and find the work you do on artifacts entirely fascinating. My dad and uncle are WWII veterans and if they believed in the paranormal, would be blown away by your work; I can only imagine the memories that would be invoked. But regarding TAPS, why do you let the show get to you so? It's TV and the vast majority of viewers watch for entertainment only and will never be ghost hunters. They watch, they say, that's nice, then they go to sleep. I'd imagine doctors and lawyers watch TV shows about their professions and have just as many objections, but the fact is it's entertainment. I used to get so mad watching Boston Public because the way it portrayed teachers was NOTHING like what we are. (I'm a former teacher now). TAPS, Most Haunted and now Derek Acorah's new show are meant to entertain, in my humble opinion. Even though it is labeled "reality" TV, we all know by now there is really no such animal. I mean look at Survivor---my goodness, everyone is drop-dead GORGEOUS on that show. That's not reality.

So take it for what it's worth. People who are truly going to get into investigation and research will do so regardless of these shows. The good groups will do well and help people. The bad groups won't last. No harm, no foul.

Grant and Jason are lucky as heck, man they got a TV show!!!! So they don't do things the way you do, and it's not the way you investigate; but be happy for their success because it's important to have positive energy eminating from you. I hope that some day your work will get the attention it deserves!

My best regards to you,
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#62 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:59 AM

I would like to offer my opinion and also let everyone in on a fact that they may not be aware of...

the fact that TAPS was the fourth investigative entity to be asked to do the show. The first was Barry Taff out of California, the second was the guys from Scared TV, the third was Lou Genile and they all turned down the producers at Pilgrim Films. Why? They turned them down because the producers were very open and honest about the fact that the show will have faked things in it to appeal to the audience. Not eveyone knows this fact but it has been checked and verified.

Ok, now for my opinion part...

I think TAPS is entertaining as heck. I love sitting down and firing up the tivo and watching an episode every now and again. I watch it strictly for entertainment purposes and yes, they do a lot of things wrong during an investigation. That is a result of production. Just like the production of Most Haunted has them get all excited and yell and get freaked out. It is to portray the investigation and the haunted location as scary since there are so many out there that watch and get freaked out from it. It is like riding a roller coaster...the thrill of the moment. To give an example of what they "do wrong" during an investigation look at this; Have you ever noticed that they whisper throughout their investigations? I have. Every investigator worth his/her salt knows that when you are recording for EVP you NEVER whisper since that will make figuring out whether or not you have a ghost next to impossible. It wouldn't leave you any credible evidence to say the least.

We also must give TAPS and Pilgrim Film credit for bringing "ghosts" more into the mainstream. They are not just frantastical things in movies like 13 Ghosts for example. They have opened up the paranormal for everyone by removing the stigma.

Lastly, evidence. We all need to realise that evidence is something that takes very tight security and eveyone there must be accounted for at all times. What goes on in some of these things, such as the Halloween show, are not good for evidence collection but only for fun. For those of you that enjoy the show, keep on enjoying it. Thost of you that don't, turn the channel, there are some really great shows on Wednesday nights for sure. My Tivo is constantly going on Wednesday.

Ok, that is my opinion (except for the first part which is fact).
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

Except for the first part, that I didnt know, that is exactly what I was trying to say too! You did it so well!
There is nothing left to say.Me

#64 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.
    Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

This is a bit off topic from TAPS and other programs, but I feel the need to comment specifically about media hype and paranormal tour groups associated with Waverly Hills Sanatorium.

Having attended several Haunted America Conferences in Illinois at which members of the Louisville Ghost Hunters presented findings from Waverly Hills, and also having watched the documentary "Spooked," it is my opinion that quite a lot of what allegedly happens there is exaggerated or possibly fraudulent. I have no doubt the building has powerful psychic imprints of the tragic events there and more than likely still houses restless spirits. But I'm not convinced of the wet footprints and the shadow people. That being said, I've never set foot in the place and don't plan to. That's just my opinion as an outsider.

I won't comment about the movie "Death Tunnel," as I've never seen it, but the words tacky and tasteless come to mind.

The Sci-Fi Channel lost my respect several years ago with their fake documentary about movie director M. Night Shyamalan. To learn that they planned to fake events and evidence in this live broadcast with TAPS is not surprising.

I have my own personal objections to people making profits from the pain and suffering of the dead. But that's not for me to judge. Instant Karma has a way of sorting things out. Also, I believe there's a reason only zookeepers feed the tigers and keep the general public at a distance. Some haunted locations are too "dangerous" for novices. Like I said, these are just opinions.

Respectfully,

Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#65 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

Well tonight's the reveal... I'm anxious to see what all they found after they analyzed the footage...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#66 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Well tonight's the reveal... I'm anxious to see what all they found after they analyzed the footage...

.....me too!!!!
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#67 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

IMHO, I thought the Waverly Sanitarium evidence was lacking.

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 08 November 2007 - 10:03 AM.

Published Author and Paranormal Archaeologist

#68 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

IMHO, I thought the Waverly Sanitarium evidence was lacking.

yes.... I will have to agree with that opinion..... ;)
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#69 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Agreed... But what about the image they caught with the thermal camera during the other investigation they showed last night... I found that rather intersting... However the EVP of a man "humming" sounded to me like one of the researchers stomach was growling... LOL
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users