College Encounters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 morgauseblue

morgauseblue

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:45 PM

Hey all.  I was wondering if anyone else who has lived the res. hall life has had encounters with ghosts/apparations, etc.  in the res. halls & school buildings.  In both of the res. halls I lived in I came across ghosts and in two of the buildings where I had classes.  One of the ghosts has actually been documented in several books.  In one of the res. halls I lived in we had a little girl who would bounce a ball up and down the hallway during the middle of the night and a little old woman who you could hear rocking in a chair.  

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 10:24 AM

Down in the southern tier of NY State is the sleepy little college town of Olean, home of St Bonaventure U, in the 60's a group of students tried to raise something in heir dorm, not with a Ouija board, but an actual summonsing. 3 students died, the Church tried exorcism twice, meeting with only partial success. The 4th floor of Devereax hall's been sealed ever since. From the 3rd floor, I felt areas of intense cold, heard whispered chanting and screams...I'm not wholy sure if it was a demonic presense residue or repetition of the Event by ghosts.
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 06:21 PM

No students have died at St. Bonaventure University due to playing with black magic; that's a myth.

However, a couple students died in Devereuax hall between the 50s and the 80s. The following story is not for sensitive audiences:

A student who was in sadmasichistic masturbation practices tied a noose around around his neck while he was masturbating in his dorm room. Anyway, the chair tipped and he hanged himself accidently.

The second story I've posted before about the infamous "Dev jogger" as students call him. You can find it in haunted places of New York in the town square.

I also have a load of stories about the most haunted building on campus, Francis hall, which was built as a seminary about the same time as Devereaux hall. Dev being the only dorm for students on campus until the late 60s.

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 06:31 PM

Well, that's a unique way to go....when my uncle was young (around 6) some of the neighborhood kids were playing cowboys in a barn, one was being the "Bad guy" and accidently hung himself when the bale of hay he was stepping on tipped over....
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users