• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 MystyWingDancer

MystyWingDancer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

A few months back I was reading an article on an abandoned asylum that was located in CT, I am not sure of the location, but am looking for info from anyone who knows of abandoned places that may be good to get evp and video from.

Blessed Be

#2 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:25 PM

All of the abandoned asylums in CT are patrolled by cops because they are way too dangerous to set foot in. Could you give me more detail as to what the article said? It would help me identify which one you are referring too because there are several here in CT.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#3 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

If anyone can find you info on it, it will be Ange!
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#4 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:33 PM

If anyone can find you info on it, it will be Ange!

LOL thanks!!
There are several in CT: Fairfield Hills(Newtown), Connecticut Valley Hospital(Middletown)*still open in most buildings*, Cedarcrest(off Berlin Tpke) *also mostly open*, there's one in Meriden but I can't remember the name....can't even get near it though, the road itself is "No Tresspassing". If you could give me a location I could get photos and history on it.
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#5 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:39 PM

the one that is in meridan is called undercliff institution really very easy to find right off the highway but there are still some parts that are open the building that is closed is in the front but they do have security......already checked out most of them i would like to be able to check those out one day though.........
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#6 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

the one that is in meridan is called undercliff institution really very easy to find right off the highway but there are still some parts that are open the building that is closed is in the front but they do have security......already checked out most of them i would like to be able to check those out one day though.........

Thank you! I could not for the life of me remember the name! And I've been out that way several times! Old age kickin in already LOL

#7 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:56 PM

no problem on that one always here to help..... :headbang:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#8 greenapple

greenapple

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

Try Highroyds Hospital in West YORKSHIRE,

For details and pictures see http://groups.msn.co...spitalrevisited

Greenapple

#9 pulse607

pulse607

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

Hi guys. I'm new to this site. I've been to Undercliff several times. It is located on a private state road, and there are operating state cottages toward the beginning of the road. (I believe they house recently released sex offenders, but I'm not positive). The institution itself is up the street and towards the back. =) The easiest way to get there is to follow the directions for the Meriden Mall (691 - Lewis Ave) and exit out the back lot. Across the street is a Target. Undercliff Road is the next street over.

xo
Kelly

#10 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

Kelly,
I haven't been down there in quite some time *moved to Manchester last summer*
Isn't there anybody hanging around watching for non-authorized vehicles?
Also, do you have any photos or EVPs? If so, I would LOVE to see or hear them.
And most of all WELCOME TO GV!! Great to meet ya! :)

#11 pulse607

pulse607

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

Hi!

I've never encountered anyone "patroling" for unauthorized vehicles.... however that doesn't mean that there aren't any, it might mean that I've just been really lucky. People do work at the cottages though, so I imagine it'd take a few mins before anyone realized you weren't actually an employee. =)

xox
Kelly

#12 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

i have seen these people patrol but i dont think that it is a constant thing probably once every hour or something along that line ya know......id like to check it out though....

#13 Anythingbutfait

Anythingbutfait

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

I'm sorry, I know that this topic is long dead, but I've got some interesting information on Undercliff.

My great aunt used to work there while it was owned by the state and used as a school for mentally handicapped children. I spoke with my mother about that period of time and she said that everytime she was in the building it seemed "creepy" as she put it. I confirmed this with one of her old friends who had visited the building.

Before it was owned by the state it was a hospital for people with a certain illness (the name of which has slipped my mind). My mother's cousin used to tell a story about how whwen the building was converted a body was found in one of the beds, but it's head was on the floor. We don't put much credit into this as she told a lot of stories. But no one really knows what went on in the building as it is set so far back from the main road.

Today I spoke with a friend who was in the building 3 nights ago. He and a few friends got into the building and spent a while looking around. My friend says that at the foot of a staircase (he couldn't tell me which one it was) he saw a huge dog come running down the stairs at him. He was terrified out of his mind and ran. Later he returned to look for the dog or any evidence that one could be living there and found nothing.

I wouldn't suggest entering the building. The cops showed up after an hour or so of searching and being caught there would be extremely hard to explain.

I am trying to find more information but the great aunt who worked there is currently in the hospital and she doesn't speak with anyone.

Edited by Anythingbutfait, 05 July 2005 - 09:57 PM.

#14 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:27 PM

Hey Anythingbutfait, Thank you for the update, vet interesting. Let us know if you come up with anything else please.

Dodie
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#15 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:39 PM

I think it was used for people with tuberculosis. But I could be wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)