4 replies to this topic

#1 acdcfreak

acdcfreak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:ac/dc, the paranormal, led zeppelin, bugging my elders

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

well, my mom does not want me playing with a ouija board or tarot cards, so i want to learn to read regular playing cards, will it be effective???

would i be able to get orb pics?

peace out
http://www.facebook....amp;ref=profile feel free to add me, i'm da dude"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your hot chocolate mindfully."

#2 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

Playing cards work as tarot cards if you get the meanings of each card. I wouldn't hold too much to orbs though, they're too fallible.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#3 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:07 AM

well, my mom does not want me playing with a ouija board or tarot cards, so i want to learn to read regular playing cards, will it be effective???

From my understanding, the contemporary playing cards are actually derived from the tarot...the suits were changed and the major arcana and the knights of each suit were dropped to give the current 52 cards. Hearts corresponds with cups, diamomds with pentacles, clubs with wands, and spades with swords. From there it should be easy to do a reading with playing cards....however, since the tarot deck is meant to represent all aspects of the human condition, it would be difficult to get an accurate reading considering that a good portion of the cards of the tarot is missing from a playing deck. But it should be enough to get you started anyway.

And remember...one day you will be an adult....there will be plenty of time for you to learn to use the tarot once you are on your own. I didn't start reading until I was in my mid-20's.

Blessed Be

Raven
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

Never had luck with playing cards. I asssume your mom did what she did for good reasons and I'll support her actions :headbang:

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#5 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

While I can understand misgivings surrounding the Ouija board (misgivings I disagree with), what is so wrong with Tarot Cards?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users