Ghost activity at workplace

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWellman

MrsWellman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've worked at this movie theatre for 7 years, right after it was remodeled. Before it was remodeled, I guess it had some pretty intense ghost/spirit activity. We are built literally less than 10 feet from an old graveyard, and it's believed that we are built over some unmarked, older graves.
Since I've worked here, I've mostly experienced little ghostly activity. I've heard steps in the booth (the upstairs where the projectors are kept, and where we go to start movies), the door closing, etc. When upstairs, you definitely feel like you're being watched. In the past few months, however, all the activity has skyrocketed. I've had an exhaust tube ripped from the installation and thrown several feet once I turned the lights off. Giant film cans have been picked up and dropped several feet. When downstairs, you can hear tons of loud noises and footsteps. A binder was picked up and dropped in the doorway while a worker had her back turned. Personally, I was starting a movie and felt someone trace my shoulder blade. I immediately felt chills run through my entire body. Once upstairs, you immediately feel uneasy and like you're being watched. Me and a fellow co-workers who've experienced ghostly things are interested in finding a way to communicate with them. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

#2 Neko

Neko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Photography, Warhammer 40k, helping as much people as I can.

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

I'm in a somewhat similar situation; I work in an old military training camp which was mostly build during the WW2 by Nazi forces when they occupied Belgium.

The camp has been turned into a Refugee center for about 15 years now and during it's years some people have died here, most notably was a small boy who fell through the roof of the main hangar while he and his father were trying to break in one night.

Anyway, in the main administrative building, after and before business hours we often hear footsteps and doors banging. Some, myself included, have on occasion seen "people" that on closer investigation were not there; cold spots have also been felt.

The activity is somewhat season tied since it is not all the time that we get these phenomena, last time I saw something was about 2 months ago, I saw a boy standing behind the window in the door, I was just a few steps away, when I opened the door to ask whet that person was doing there, there was no one present.

What I did was take pictures of the entire area (during the times noone was present or haven't been in the area yet) speak out loud to let my intentions known and tried a crude EVP through radio white noise (didn't have any other way).

So, in short I would suggest you start with taking pictures of the area, you never know what you might capture.

Then you could progress to the next step perhaps, I'm sure more knowledgeable people will offer more detailed advice.

PS: For anyone wondering, my pictures only showed some orbs which are most likely dust particles, I'm waiting for another active periode to try again.
Posted ImageDisclaimer; I will always try to give my honest and personal opinion, with no offence intended.

#3 MrsWellman

MrsWellman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

I'm in a somewhat similar situation; I work in an old military training camp which was mostly build during the WW2 by Nazi forces when they occupied Belgium.

The camp has been turned into a Refugee center for about 15 years now and during it's years some people have died here, most notably was a small boy who fell through the roof of the main hangar while he and his father were trying to break in one night.

Anyway, in the main administrative building, after and before business hours we often hear footsteps and doors banging. Some, myself included, have on occasion seen "people" that on closer investigation were not there; cold spots have also been felt.

The activity is somewhat season tied since it is not all the time that we get these phenomena, last time I saw something was about 2 months ago, I saw a boy standing behind the window in the door, I was just a few steps away, when I opened the door to ask whet that person was doing there, there was no one present.

What I did was take pictures of the entire area (during the times noone was present or haven't been in the area yet) speak out loud to let my intentions known and tried a crude EVP through radio white noise (didn't have any other way).

So, in short I would suggest you start with taking pictures of the area, you never know what you might capture.

Then you could progress to the next step perhaps, I'm sure more knowledgeable people will offer more detailed advice.

PS: For anyone wondering, my pictures only showed some orbs which are most likely dust particles, I'm waiting for another active periode to try again.

Thank you so much for replying! I'm considering trying to take some pictures tonight at work. Also, the height of all the ghostly activity was on the last full moon. Does this affect it?

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

Photos are good; you might try EVPs. Just get a tape recorder and ask questions. You probably won't hear anything until you play the tape back.

You might just talk to them and to settle down because they're scaring you. Whirly Dude

Photos are good; you might try EVPs. Just get a tape recorder and ask questions. You probably won't hear anything until you play the tape back.

You might just talk to them and to settle down because they're scaring you. :hug:
petunia4998

#5 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

An EVP session is the simplest and most effective ghost hunting method that I am aware of. As has already been suggested, get a tape recorder of some sort and hang around in an active area asking various questions you think might be relevant, leaving plently of time for answers in between. Play the tape back later on and listen carefully for responses.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#6 Neko

Neko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Photography, Warhammer 40k, helping as much people as I can.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:00 AM

I'm not really sure if a full moon would have anything to do with increased activity.
Could just well be seeing the moon has an influence on alot of things here on earth, I can picture that increased energy fields and gravity could be used by spirits to draw energy from it.

I believe that spirit activity might be linked to area energy.

N.
Posted ImageDisclaimer; I will always try to give my honest and personal opinion, with no offence intended.

#7 Malyce

Malyce

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

As a paranormal investigator, I have tracked the phases of the moon to see if it would affect the outcome of paranormal activity. And not by going to a different location each time, but the same location at different phases of the moon. My study was inconclusive, saying: The moon phase has never lead to better activity at any paranormal investigation. But it sure does make it beautiful while doing the investigation!!!!

Doing your own bit of paranormal investigating research is really a good idea, or you could just call on a team that already has everything handy. Chances are, they'll let you be apart of the investigation. However, if that is not something you'd like to look at or something your bosses won't allow, you can do things on your own, though I always suggest calling on the experts in this situation. But I must admit that I'm partial. :)

Photos are a great way of capturing evidence. But I wouldn't use just digital. Use a 35mm camera with 400, preferably 800 film speed. That will back up the findings that you produce. It's easy to photoshop these day. All you need is a 15 year old nephew with a laptop and a good art program and viola you've got yourself a ghost! Film will back up your digital findings. And, my team has produced better results with 35mm film rather than digital in several cases. You may be able to photoshop digital photos, but film can't be altered.

If you're going to actually do an EVP session there are many digital recorders out there that are affordable. I would stay away from the tape ones, their quality isn't as good and it's harder to convert it something that you can put into your computer. I suggest a Sony or an Olympus digital recorder. Now, EVP sessions can be tricky. Most EVPs come across as whispers, so you must be sure to NEVER whisper when doing a session. It's hard, but you've got to train yourself and make sure that you catch your friends or co-workers when they whisper. Introduce yourselves so that if there is a whisper you can easily relate the tone of voice to it being yourself or "Sam." Claim all noises you make. If you move, shift or sigh, claim that it was you loud and clear on the recording. Don't make your sessions too long. Stop the recorder every 30-45 minutes, that makes reviewing your evidence much easier.

And that brings us to the harder part, reviewing the evidence. If you don't want to send it to a professional, paranormal team to do it for you and you insist on doing it yourself, use the program "Audacity." It's free of charge. But reviewing the evidence isn't as easy as you may think it is and actually requires more depth than I'm willing to go into here, the post would be SUPER long. I would really send it to someone who does that sort of thing on a regular basis.

Of course there are EMF detectors, and other gauges that could help you identify paranormal activity. If you want to know specific models that I suggest, please let me know and I will be more than happy to share.

I hope that this helped!

But, I would like to say one more thing. Neko, you said:

I commend you. Most people will look at an "orb" and not recognize it to be a dust particle or water vapor. I love that you're looking at that from a scientific, logical point of view. Nice catch!

Have a great one.
Posted ImageďA halo has to fall only a few inches to become a noose."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users