#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:18 PM

People today, in all this new world technology and thinking, have lost sight of what a true friendship is. So, in sprit of my best friend, I thought I would help the world out a little and explain what real, true friends are.

1. Friends don't have to be exactly the same. Friends have similarities but they also have their differences. They key to opening up the world of friendship is not only to expand on similarities but to accept each other's faults. Because you can't ever judge your friend.

2. Friends have to argue! No one likes to but it is necessary to be healthy. Cause if you agree on everything, either the government has expanded cloning subjects or someone isn't being true and is trying a little too hard.

3. You have to be comfortable together or else you just aren't going to click. If you feel edgy around the person then something isn't quite right.

4. Friends love unconditionally. They have there little angry moments but what's done is done and all is forgive and forget. Why let something that happened in the past ruin what happiness you could have in the future?

5. Believe in love at first sight because there is the equivalent in friendship. Some people think that you have to know someone really well to become good friends. Trust me, it's not true. If the first time you really spend time together you talk for 25 hours straight until 4:30 in the morning about some topic you thought no one else in the world understood, hun, that's real love at first sight.

These are only a few of the basics. Just remember, friends are forever. But only if you keep it that way. Don't diss your buds, love them instead. And when they drive you nuts, love them that much more for being just a little bit different and maybe just a little bit quirky!

True Friends
by Kristie-Lyn Wightman
http://www.friendshi...ruefriends.html

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#2 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:ghosts demons anything paranormal

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:03 PM

So very true Moon, it is good to be reminded at times.

#3 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

Whirly Dude
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 fallen wings133

fallen wings133

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:slipknot, computer games and getting drunk *hicup* oh and eating cake. i like cake...who doesnt?<br /><br />and skating loooove skating and the beach now its spring/summer lol

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

thats very beautiful moon. its great to know that people still think that way
well, im a slave and i am a master.this is the beginning then. the beggining of the end

#5 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,548 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:34 AM

:weeee:
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:50 AM

Posted Image

#7 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:04 AM

People today, in all this new world technology and thinking, have lost sight of what a true friendship is. So, in sprit of my best friend, I thought I would help the world out a little and explain what real, true friends are.

1. Friends don't have to be exactly the same. Friends have similarities but they also have their differences. They key to opening up the world of friendship is not only to expand on similarities but to accept each other's faults. Because you can't ever judge your friend.

2. Friends have to argue! No one likes to but it is necessary to be healthy. Cause if you agree on everything, either the government has expanded cloning subjects or someone isn't being true and is trying a little too hard.

3. You have to be comfortable together or else you just aren't going to click. If you feel edgy around the person then something isn't quite right.

4. Friends love unconditionally. They have there little angry moments but what's done is done and all is forgive and forget. Why let something that happened in the past ruin what happiness you could have in the future?

5. Believe in love at first sight because there is the equivalent in friendship. Some people think that you have to know someone really well to become good friends. Trust me, it's not true. If the first time you really spend time together you talk for 25 hours straight until 4:30 in the morning about some topic you thought no one else in the world understood, hun, that's real love at first sight.

These are only a few of the basics. Just remember, friends are forever. But only if you keep it that way. Don't diss your buds, love them instead. And when they drive you nuts, love them that much more for being just a little bit different and maybe just a little bit quirky!

True Friends
by Kristie-Lyn Wightman
http://www.friendshi...ruefriends.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Adding a heartfelt AMEN! #5 is especially true (Mystic Hippy and I im'd a good 6 hour straight the day we met and haven't stopped talking yet) :)

#8 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 09 September 2005 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's really cool :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:13 PM

Lulaboo - your list is incomplete. It should also say
"When you are hurt, I will hunt the jerk who hurt you down and shoot him for the dirty dog he is!" :whoohoo:

:hug:
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#10 Lossoul

Lossoul

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:50 AM

:whee: Hey Moon, Very well stated. Some friends are friends from the momeny they meet. I know a few friends I am very blessed to have, :ghost: And I celebrate them every day.

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:39 AM

Most GV'ers fall into this category, right? :weeee:

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,195 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:55 AM

Know what a true friend is! a fantastic link.

#13 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

:redbounce: :explode: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Love to you all...... :lol:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#14 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

~ok...I'm one who has to admit that I never knew I had 2 of the best friends in the world until I read your post...and the one on the ABC's of friendship. Thank y'all for opening my eyes. I just knew this was a wicked-cool place here at GV! Now...I need to re-evaluate MYSELF and hope I've been a great friend back!! :Spaz:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#15 amypz

amypz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

" a friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself"
:) :Wall: :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users