Orbs in digital pictures?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Selvaggi

Selvaggi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

Okay so I notice on occasion orbs will be seen in digital pictures I take for leisure. I don't jump to conclusions that its a spirit but sometimes the pics come out super clear. I hear it could be dust mites or something with the flash, is there meaning behind this. The only case I will say I felt a digital pic I took was legit was in these canyons leading to the mountains friends and I took pics and a BAD_WORDload of orbs flustered the entire pic. It was just odd. Any thoughts?

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:19 PM

Another good reason not to put much stock in any orb pictures. As you say you take pictures just for leasure, and I would assume most are not in locations purported to be haunted. Rather just every day locations, yet you get orbs.

Reason is dust or pollen can be anywhere at any time. Thus orbs can appear anywhere. regarding your picture which has many, I can't say without seeing it. But was there pollen or dust in the air at the time?

#3 ghosthelp.net

ghosthelp.net

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

Try not to use the flash for photos, most photos with digital cameras do not actually need the flash. The flash on modern cameras is closer to the lens and creates many reflections of dust to the lens. The orbs we typically see are actually 2-5 inches from the lens (even those "orb by the cat" or over the shoulder of a person shots).

The only way you should worry about an orb in a photo is if someone is experiencing a paranormal event at the same time. There has never been a case where an orb infestation has caused anyone problems, except for some guy named Dave.
Posted Image

#4 sweetpea

sweetpea

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Reading, Sleeping, Sunshine, Spirits, Learning, Music, Art, Being with my friends, Cooking, Having fun, Crafts.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

That's a good point Ghosthelp.net, However I think that it depends on who's taking the pic and where it is aswell. I have heaps of pics where there will be a big as orb and not a dust/pollen orb.

LOVE LIGHT AND BLESSINGS

#5 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden) I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal. My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

I do concur with the majority as far as orbs are concerned. But I just have to ask.]How do I get an orb. even an environmental.
I have had some crappy digital cameras at my disposal, and have tried in vein to get orbs to appear. I have only successfully gotten two or three environmental orbs.

Now I have taught myself how to take a "good" photo with traditional film. And how to avoid or obtain the strange affects when dealing with lighting. (I got my first camera in 1968) so I learned how to "wait" for the shot.
But just for fun I would like to know how to get those allusive orbs to show up.

Edited by Atropa belladonna, 16 October 2008 - 09:24 PM.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#6 arial

arial

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

i have taken pictures in front of a mirror. and when the pic was snapped there was nothing there. howeever when i had the film developed there was a face in the mirror of a little girl. there was nothing behind me that could have been reflective. it was really strange!

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

I do concur with the majority as far as orbs are concerned. But I just have to ask.]How do I get an orb. even an environmental.
I have had some crappy digital cameras at my disposal, and have tried in vein to get orbs to appear. I have only successfully gotten two or three environmental orbs.

Now I have taught myself how to take a "good" photo with traditional film. And how to avoid or obtain the strange affects when dealing with lighting. (I got my first camera in 1968) so I learned how to "wait" for the shot.
But just for fun I would like to know how to get those allusive orbs to show up.

One of the pictures I have is of a persn in a room running a belt sander refinishing a floor. Best count is that pictiure has about 200 orbs, and that's without looking too hard! If you set up such a scene, then turned off the lights before the dust settles, use your flash, preferably not on a hotshoe, you should have plenty of orbs!

#8 Ghost Hunter 21

Ghost Hunter 21

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal. The Occult. Anything with wheels and an engine!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

Okay so I notice on occasion orbs will be seen in digital pictures I take for leisure. I don't jump to conclusions that its a spirit but sometimes the pics come out super clear. I hear it could be dust mites or something with the flash, is there meaning behind this. The only case I will say I felt a digital pic I took was legit was in these canyons leading to the mountains friends and I took pics and a BAD_WORDload of orbs flustered the entire pic. It was just odd. Any thoughts?

Chances are that there is no paranormal activity in your photos. I've taken photos of my friends and behind them there were thousands of "Orbs. Its just your flash reflecting off of dust, dirt, stone, water, and the list goes on.

Edited by Ghost Hunter 21, 19 October 2008 - 12:10 AM.

- Adam

#9 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:24 AM

I've actually done experiments with this to see what environmental orbs look like and what can make them. Things that work:
1. Keep using a crappy digital camera

2. spray a mist of water from a spray bottle about 4 inches to one foot away from the lens then snap the pic immediately.

3. Kick up some dirt on the ground and start taking photos

4. Throw some talcum powder around in the air and then take pics.

#10 hubbards98

hubbards98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Also the problem with low end digital cameras is that sometimes the picture wouldn't fill in properly and would leave one or more of the pixels without a color on it, so you would get a round white spot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users