30 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

The new books is here!

Welcome to The Nightmare Encyclopedia: Your Darkest Dreams Interpreted by Jeff Belanger and Kirsten Dalley.

Posted Image

Everyone dreams. Though we may not be able to remember all of our dreams, we certainly remember our nightmares. Hell hath no fury and no horror compared with what we can create from the deepest bowels of our own imaginations and psyches. Religious texts and folklore are filled with accounts of dreams, and their interpretations have played a significant role in the decision-making of religious and political leaders. But what do dreams mean? Why do nightmares affect us so powerfully?

I'm proud to introduce my latest book, The Nightmare Encyclopedia: Your Darkest Dreams Interpreted. Myself and my co-author, Kirsten Dalley, have put together a tome that features hundreds of entries on the role of dreams and nightmares in various cultures around the world, on the influence of nightmares in popular culture, music, literature, and art, and what some of the many dream symbols mean. The best person to interpret the meaning of a dream is the dreamer, because only the dreamer can put the images into the context of his or her life.

So little is understood about dreams and sleeping, and the topic incorporates so many aspects of the supernatural. For example, some people claim to have out-of-body experiences during sleep, others believe they have been the victim of a spectral or old hag attack, and some have woken up believing they have just received a premonition in their dream. All of these are human experiences and worth talking about. This was an amazing project to work on because it forced me to pay closer attention to my own dreams and to ask more questions of their meaning. The most true answers from life's most important questions always come from within. Dreams and nightmares are oftentimes the conduit for some of those answers.

-Jeff Belanger
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

I may have to put this on my Christmas list.
Posted Image

#3 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

Me too! What a fascinating topic to write a book about! What gave you the idea to write a book about Nightmares? :cheerleader:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:01 PM

Way to go Jeff! :Spaz:
Posted Image

#5 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:02 PM

Thanks, folks!

cheercoach05, I've studied many paranormal phenomena that seem to happen in and around the sleep state. To understand some of the phenomena, I needed to better understand our sleep state and dreaming. Dreaming is one of those mysteries that we take for granted. Everyone dreams, but so few of us pay attention to our dreams and try to understand what they might mean for us. The more I studied, the more hooked I became. I love picking apart and delving into things that are unexplained, dreams and nightmares seemed like a great topic to cover next.
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#6 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

I am off to find this book tonight...can't wait to read it Jeff...congrats.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:57 PM

Will be making another purchase real soon.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

I ran out a bought it tonight and can't wait to read it. It looks very interesting.
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 twodarb

twodarb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Well the obvious...paranormal, specifically ghosts, more specifcally EVP's, but first my family, dogs, and walking.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:01 AM

I look forward to adding this one to my library.
"I know it and I feel itJust as well as you do, HoneyIt's not our fault if death's in love with us It's not our fault if the reaper holds our hearts""Death Is In Love With Us"~HIM~Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

I like page 48 the best!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:07 PM

I like page 48 the best!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonder why...congrats Jen :Spaz:
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:54 PM

Just ordered on Amazon! Can't wait to receive this!

#13 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

I think my Dad is going to get it for me for Christmas. :hunter:
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#14 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:50 PM

Well I received my book, and have read half of it already. It is very interesting. I guess I am more partial to the paranormal side of things. I must be honest and say that I prefer the first three books over this one. It is still a very good book, but not my favorite!

#15 PDOOBEPD

PDOOBEPD

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:35 PM

Excellent Book Jeff and Kirsten ! :ghost:

I have just posted a review of this book on my site and would like to add here a big thanks for the well thought out book and hard work that went into it !
"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." by "Edgar Cayce"Owner/Administrator of ParanormalDreams.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users