How to Communicate With the Dead

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#16 jamas1129

jamas1129

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My interests are reading, knitting (which I taught myself how to do), writting poetry, and any kind of writting that I can do. I love to just put twisted stories that I make up on paper. I wrote my first childrens book. (Not published, yet)<br />Most of my time is spent on my children and my husband. They mean more to me than anybody in this world.

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:48 AM

I was reading what some of you had said about the visions in the mirror. I never slept very good. Only a few hours a night. One night, not long ago, I got up to go to the living room. I was keeping my husband awake. He works 12 hours a day at a power plant. So the last thing I want to do is cause lack of sleep for him.
Anyway, I switched on the television, and turned toward the couch. Behind the sofa is a bay window. In that window, i saw a man's face. It scared me enough to make me jump. Then he smiled. I know I've seen his face before. Not sure where. I'm wondering if he was an actual person I've met, or was it a spirit I had seen years ago. I know as a young child my mother always said I was nuts for talking about "ghosts". I knew they existed. She wanted me to believe it was my imagination.
Over time, I guess I started to believe her. Now somewhere in my 30's, I've started seeing these unexplained things. Maybe I'm not as crazy as she always said I was.
I suppose I have just as many stories as most of you have. Mine are not much different. I'm glad I finally found somewhere I can talk about this and not feel like I'm being judged.

#17 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

I have been Clairaudient since the age of 3.

#18 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:02 AM

When we know we have psychic/mediumship abilities from early in life, they do get stronger as we grow older, we need to get the information and education about the whole subject. If you had a talent, skill or ability in music i.e. you would get a good teacher for the basics, then practice to hone your own abilities. What is so different about this talent?

We are born open to our source (spirit) then it is civilized out of us by peer pressure about the age of 10. It also comes back stronger later as we are open to the topic and ready to do something about it. This is a common pattern.

God bless, J

#19 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

Some people feel the intense need to communicate with someone who is dead. Usually, they desire to contact a loved one that they have lost or some simply harbor a fascination with death or the dead. When one wishes to reconnect with the presence of someone they have lost, they may turn to methods involving communication with the dead.

When one is interested in contacting the dead, there are a few techniques that can be followed, according to a Dr. Raymond Moody, who claims to be quite an expert when it comes to near-death experiences, as well as the afterlife. Moody suggests a technique that was used during ancient times for those who wanted to receive a vision. It is said that Nostradamus used this approach when he was foretelling the future. It simply involves a large mirror, as well as a variety of suggestions to ensure a positive and successful line of contact. Below you will find a checklist to follow when you want to attempt communication between the dead.

1) To gain a clear state of mind, one should refrain from consuming products that contain dairy and caffeine the day before an encounter is attempted. Fruits and vegetables should be the only simple foods that are consumed.

2) When attempting to contact the dead, you should position yourself in the quietest section of your dwellings. Watches and jewelry should be removed; loose clothing should be worn. Relaxation is the key for those who wish to contact the dead. Distractions, such as clocks and phones should be unplugged. When complete silence is achieved, a large mirror should be placed in front of you. The mirror should be at an angle that promotes comfortableness.

3) If you are having trouble reaching an altered state of mind, looking at artwork or listening to calming music can achieve a sense of awareness conducive to this type of act.

4) If you are trying to contact a loved one, you should surround yourself with some of their photographs, as well as their personal items. Touching the objects will bring you closer to who you are trying to contact. Some of the items you may choose to set about you may include family films, photo albums, old letters, glasses, a piece of their clothing, as well as a few of their favorite things. Anything that evokes feelings or memories should be used.

5) Light a candle and put it behind you. When dim light is used, it is best that it be placed behind your body. It is said that twilight hours is the best time to communicate with the dead because many people experience altered states. Some can mirror gaze surrounded by bright lights, but this takes time to get use to, as well as achieve.

6) When you are ready to mirror gaze, you should be in a comfortable, relaxed position. You will gaze into the mirror without trying to see anything; it will be similar to looking at something that is located far from view. You may start to feel a tingling within your fingertips.

7) The mirror may seem cloudy after some time, while others have reported that the mirror becomes darker in color. When things within the mirror do not seem as clear as they did before, you may be ready to experience contact with the dead.

8) Complete silence should still be maintained. Allow yourself to view the images that appear to you within the mirror (if you are lucky to experience this phase). The images that you may encounter will probably last for only less than a minute. Some people are able to view images for as long as 10 minutes, but this may take some time to develop. Sometimes you may not see a thing, but will instead hear the voice of your loved one. Some have claimed to actually feel their touch. Experiences with mirror gazing can be quite varied.

****taken from an article by Yona Williams****

Can one contact a loved one that they bearly knew? What I am saying is that I lost my father when I was in first grade, at about 4-5 years of age. I don't have much of his (if anything) and I can hardly remember his voice. Is it possible to contact him?

#20 hightension

hightension

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

Some people feel the intense need to communicate with someone who is dead. Usually, they desire to contact a loved one that they have lost or some simply harbor a fascination with death or the dead. When one wishes to reconnect with the presence of someone they have lost, they may turn to methods involving communication with the dead.

When one is interested in contacting the dead, there are a few techniques that can be followed, according to a Dr. Raymond Moody, who claims to be quite an expert when it comes to near-death experiences, as well as the afterlife. Moody suggests a technique that was used during ancient times for those who wanted to receive a vision. It is said that Nostradamus used this approach when he was foretelling the future. It simply involves a large mirror, as well as a variety of suggestions to ensure a positive and successful line of contact. Below you will find a checklist to follow when you want to attempt communication between the dead.

1) To gain a clear state of mind, one should refrain from consuming products that contain dairy and caffeine the day before an encounter is attempted. Fruits and vegetables should be the only simple foods that are consumed.

2) When attempting to contact the dead, you should position yourself in the quietest section of your dwellings. Watches and jewelry should be removed; loose clothing should be worn. Relaxation is the key for those who wish to contact the dead. Distractions, such as clocks and phones should be unplugged. When complete silence is achieved, a large mirror should be placed in front of you. The mirror should be at an angle that promotes comfortableness.

3) If you are having trouble reaching an altered state of mind, looking at artwork or listening to calming music can achieve a sense of awareness conducive to this type of act.

4) If you are trying to contact a loved one, you should surround yourself with some of their photographs, as well as their personal items. Touching the objects will bring you closer to who you are trying to contact. Some of the items you may choose to set about you may include family films, photo albums, old letters, glasses, a piece of their clothing, as well as a few of their favorite things. Anything that evokes feelings or memories should be used.

5) Light a candle and put it behind you. When dim light is used, it is best that it be placed behind your body. It is said that twilight hours is the best time to communicate with the dead because many people experience altered states. Some can mirror gaze surrounded by bright lights, but this takes time to get use to, as well as achieve.

6) When you are ready to mirror gaze, you should be in a comfortable, relaxed position. You will gaze into the mirror without trying to see anything; it will be similar to looking at something that is located far from view. You may start to feel a tingling within your fingertips.

7) The mirror may seem cloudy after some time, while others have reported that the mirror becomes darker in color. When things within the mirror do not seem as clear as they did before, you may be ready to experience contact with the dead.

8) Complete silence should still be maintained. Allow yourself to view the images that appear to you within the mirror (if you are lucky to experience this phase). The images that you may encounter will probably last for only less than a minute. Some people are able to view images for as long as 10 minutes, but this may take some time to develop. Sometimes you may not see a thing, but will instead hear the voice of your loved one. Some have claimed to actually feel their touch. Experiences with mirror gazing can be quite varied.

****taken from an article by Yona Williams****

Can one contact a loved one that they bearly knew? What I am saying is that I lost my father when I was in first grade, at about 4-5 years of age. I don't have much of his (if anything) and I can hardly remember his voice. Is it possible to contact him?

hey rinyotsu i read ur question and well iv contacted someone that i dont know at all wasnt related or anything it was my ex's grandmother and well i would say it helps to talk about the person then they might just come around just from that and u should know who it is just by the feeling u know and it would help if u could communicate (talk) with him or get a visual of him.....but chances are hes probably around u more than u think watching over u all the time. so try just sitting somwhere by urself think about him and start talking to him like about memmories or just saying hi or somthing. but just know even if u dont feel him or communicate with him hes probably around u alot. hope i helped, let me know how it goes and feel free to pm me with anyother questions.

#21 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

By the way, with some very aberrant results to the mirror room, Dr. Raymond Moody, recanted its use and withdrew his support of his own writings.

God bless, J

#22 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

Huh. I've not had the same experiences as most of you, but I generally have the ability to sense when a building is haunted. However, I've heard a female voice off and on since I was 12 in my house calling my name. I'm 21 now and want to find out who the voice is. I'm sure it's a ghost, maybe a family member, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help?
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallowsí Night.

#23 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

If our name is called, usually not happening often, it is telling us to 'listen' to our life and get the message that is about to happen.

God bless,J

#24 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

Thanks, spiritalk.

Edited by Sarmotifan, 25 January 2007 - 01:32 PM.

In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallowsí Night.

#25 coreycowbo

coreycowbo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

I thought I would let everyone know how I communicate with the other side. First, It started a very young age. I first started seeing them then it went away when I was in my middle 30ís. Now 39 itís back.
Iím also a paranormal investigator, but for a living Iím a hypnotist. Two years ago while conducting a weight loss hypnosis session for two ladies in there mid 40ís I had a unexpected guessed. I normally close my eyes as I start to put them into the state. Doing this time I noticed that I was able to pick up energy (if that is the best way to explain it). I was in the middle of the session and I opened my eyes. There standing behind the sofa was a young boy about 18. He was wearing a light beige button down shirt with a tie and khaki pants.
He was transparent and had his arms around the two ladies (whom are also sisters). He faded into the air. I kept talking in my hypnotist face never missing a beat. The whole time Iím thinking ď crap, do I tell them what just happened and who was heĒ Well I decided not to say anything out of fear I would be laughed at. So after the session I was just about to leave when one of the sister started crying. I have had this happen before. It usually happens because they have just have a realization or a spiritual experience of some kind.
I was not ready for what was about to be said. The sister who was crying was thanking me. I told her she did all the work she is ready to move forward with her goals. She said no, Gigi you donít understand. She said she lost her son to a drunk driver last year. Then 2 weeks after his death she found out she had breast cancer. I felt moved to say something. I asked her if I could tell her something I experienced. I explained what happen and described him in detail. She was so happy, I explained he was there to let her know he was ok and she too was going to be fine. She agreed and she felt the same thing. The other sister also felt his presence on the room. The family had taken all his photoís down, because the mother of the young boy was having a very difficult time with his passing. She went to get a photo to show me. Yap, I said that is who I saw. She told me the clothing I saw him in was what he was laid to rest in.
This has not been the only time that I have had this happen it is endless the times it happens. I felt lead to start excepting myself as a go between for the other side. Iím still sharpened my skills and learning not to be afraid. I have seen some pretty scary things, and learning to stay calm is very important. I have most recently discovered that I have a spirit guide. I most recently contacted my spirit guide and in the middle of it the room became full of people wanting to make contact. It felt like a mad sale at Bloomingdales or something like that. Then best way to explain it is there is only one phone on a desert island and itís only working for a period of time and hundreds of people want to use the phone at once. Once strong female voice came in and said thank you we need you. Then it was gone. I was a little shaken and not telling my husband anything I went to sleep on the sofa while he watched TV. The next night I had a image appear to me. I felt they get very frustrated when I do not understand what they are saying. So with all that I have decided to work on my vibrations and trying to hold it to make contact to deliver messages. Has not been easy, I have thought I needed a mentor who has been there done that.
My mother use to tell me it was my imagination, if I ever have children that would not be the case.
Itís important to read the signs, acknowledge and validate these things when they happen. Even acknowledge our loved ones who have passed, because they do listen and the are with us. Not in the physical scene. After loosing my grandfather when I was in the 5th grade, I understood that the hurt we feel is only a physical loss (no longer having that person here physically), but life goes on outside of our human perception.
Thank you for letting me share
Lady_Gigi

Dear Lady GIGI ive been looking for you ? my son 23 yrs. old and my wife 39 died within a few months apart. its so hard to deal with. i cant get any answers as to how or why they died. alls i know is that my son told us this shadow thing keeps on wanting to get him. one day it did. and my wife said she too seen that shadow thing that same night she seen it she died in her sleep ?.i dont know if you are willing to help me try to contact him or her i will pay you for your time. plaese let me know if you are the 1.

#26 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

Gigi, your post was so interesting. Wow!
I want to see a spirit but then again i don't. I am really really scared. I think i will actually just run. When they come what do they generally tend to do when they appear. Do they smile at you or just have no face expressions at all? I am so interested!
.peace.

I totally know how you feel! I've never seen a ghost myself, I've heard them. Once one was calling my name. It was a little girl. She sounded far away, but she kept on calling my name- getting closer and closer. Finally it sounded just around the corner, like the next time I heard that voice, I would see her. So I ran out of the house! I wanted to see, but I was so scared

#27 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:59 PM

Wow. This one weirded me out to read. My mother, also a sensitive, had contact with a spirit once through a mirror in her bedroom. She doesn't know who it was, and has since been terrified of looking into a mirror in a dark room (she refuses to have a mirror in her bedroom). We were just talking about it today as a matter of fact, wondering what about mirrors is it. I've noticed that I sense my father the stronger in my bedroom, and had an intense contact this afternoon in our master bathroom (a huge wall-size mirror). I kept looking into the mirror at the bedroom behind me, as if I were to see something.

Question.... how do you contact a spirit whose already trying to make contact with you? When I go see my mother next month, I'd like to try with her to make contact with my father. I posted this in another place in the forum, but I believe he's been near me for the last few years, specifically in this house, and I believe he's tried to make contact with me last night and today. I've been feeling his presence lately, but last night and today I actually felt him touch me. But I'm afraid to make first contact on my own (a great big chicken), and so is my mom, so we're going to try it together. Question is, how?

~Joanne

Well, I have never really tried to contact anyone myself, but my guess is that if your father actually is trying to communicate with you, then it should be quite easy to make contact with him. You just need to stay calm. He is your father and he obviously loves you if he still tries to make peaceful contact with you. just relax and tell your mom to do the same. Maybe next time you feel his spirit, ask him to show himself to you. hope that helps!

#28 imsheetata

imsheetata

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

Gigi, your post was so interesting. Wow!
I want to see a spirit but then again i don't. I am really really scared. I think i will actually just run. When they come what do they generally tend to do when they appear. Do they smile at you or just have no face expressions at all? I am so interested!
.peace.

Some times they smile and talk, some times they are hard to make out, some times they don't speak, some times they touch. However, some times they are missing limbs and are not in good shape and that can be starling. The frst time that happen I thought I was going to wet myself, lol. But I soon grounded myself and felt that he was in desprate need of help. Just like if you saw someone become injured, you would rush to help. They do get frustrated when you ask them to come and you become affraid. The know you are a fraid and if you are dealing with good spirits then they well respect you and even help you along.
However, there frustration comes when they are trying to deliver a message and you become frightened and freak. Some times they want come back.
One piece of advice I got from a very well know medium was this " never get a big head that you can sommunicate to the spirit world, because you are just a telephone to them". However, being a good communicater with the spirit world is one that I feel honored to be apart of. So boasting or bragging is not seen as cool in the spirit world.
Just like in our physical world communication is the most important part of any type of relationship.

Don't be affraid, you are always in control ( or need to be) you ask them to leave and they well. It's important to know that if you ask them to leve they my do so for go. So be direct like when I'm really sleepy and just want to sleep. I tell them " Please, I need to sleep to be stronger to communicate with you, please come back tomorrow". I'm very respectedful, polite but strong all in one.

I wish you luck and hope I have helped.
Lady_Gigi
:kitty:

I just feel at home on this site, for years i have had to deal with " its your imagination" " you need to go get help" "that stuff isnt real", in reality we are all affraid of what cant be explained, its haveing the courage to embrace ones gift rather than freaking out, i will admit , it did take some time to get used to. Spirits dont understand there freaking you out, they see you and your able to see them or feel them, THERE JUST HAPPY cause they have tried over and over again with others and seemingly failed, but now they have you, this person can see me oh heck ya!! ....and then they see you run into the bathroom and lock the door. My first spirit took my trash and decided i needed to have a redecorating party, ....ya it sucked. The first night i was so freaked i had a buddy come to my appartment, he couldnt get in the door....so i began to freak even harder, once he managed to get in he noticed how cold it was, and had to ask "dude...your heater broken??" looking at him wide eyed i just laughed...more of a nervouse were all gonna die laugh, but i laughed none the less. The spirit was a new girlfriends EX boyfriend, he was murdered while on his way to express his undying love for her. Im just guessing he wasnt to happy with the situation at hand. I have more stories but....when i write about these things i start feeling other presence, and i dont know about you but i cant stand having someone over my shoulder reading what im writing. good night and thanks for listening. later all

#29 Pagan_Witch

Pagan_Witch

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

using a "Mirror" is one of many devices to contact the dead, others are Ouija board, Pendulums (Which I feel comfy using) and many others like ask the glass!

some say that your "moving" the Ouija board pointer with your mind...same thing with pendulums but I don't believe em what so ever...if thats the case we can ALL move Objects with our mind..like soda bottles, coins and so on..LOL..there just "non-believers"

I started using my pendulum (which I made my own outta blind strings and for the bob i use a heart pindent or a key to hold it down) and then I get sheets of paper to put "yes" and "no" and "maybe" on it. then if I wanna "add" more letters i just add the a,b,c's (just like the Ouija board has) but there called pendulum boards.

I just take my pendulum and ask my "guide" john for answers, and sometimes I wanna talk to the spirits on the "Astral plain" that has not crossed to the other world. Ouija boards and pendulums are not the same though...Ouija boards are "doorways" and pendulums are like a "phoneline" which is safer then a ouija boards...but you should NOT let your guard down though.

my mother played with a ouija board when she was a kid and her sister as well, they thought it was a game..like many others. anyhow they ask it how many kids she'll have...board said 6...then its her sisters turn...it said 10, they both look at each other and laughed..then the pointer started moving and raced off the table.

that night they gone to be and my mother felt something touching her on the legs, started having cold chills..and then she heard footsteps sounds like hooves, she ran to her sisters room and found her in the closet shaking like a leaf..they ran outta there without letting there parents know...then daybreak came and gone back..grab the board and tear it into 7 pieces and buried it. but it was to late...my father lost his job..my mother lost my brother at birth..all the bad things happen...since then everything has been gone and everything is back to normal.

but to this day she has nightmars about it though.

Thats my storie. I don't believe that ALL Ouija boards are evil nor bad..its like the spirits...there are good ones and bad ones. as a "witch" I use spells, chants and so on...i'm still learning the craft...people say we are the work of the devil LMAO soooo funny.

#30 CelticSpirit

CelticSpirit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Anything spiritual

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

Communicating With Spirits!

The best way to communicate is to first ensure your well grounded & centered before opening the door to the spirit world deliberately. Your not always safe and it could result in attachments to you if your not careful. Once your safety is assured just sit in a quiet area of your home, calm your mind with no distractions around you and and direct your focus to whom your trying to communicate.

If your aware of a presence just request that they make contact with you. Spirits can communicate by way of telepathy not just in the form of speaking directly or drawing symbols on the wall. You don't even have to be psychic to communicate or a medium for that medium despite some claims made. You can also request that they manifest into the physical right before you and depending on the energy available to them they just might.

One must also remember to never invite a spirit to stay with you or in your home. Once the message(s) are delivered upon communication it might be wise to request that they move on. It's not good for the spirt (either spiritually, emotionally, or mentally) to take up house in your home. Your also the main source of energy which is life to them...So if chaos starts to happen in your homelife for no apparent reason you will know who is feeding off of all that energy your creating!

Namaste

Edited by CelticSpirit, 20 April 2007 - 10:56 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users