• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:56 PM

Hit in the head with a baseball bat at age of three.Heard voices then and now.Knew my Grandfather died back in Maine when coming home on a school bus when I lived in Oak Ridge before anyone told me.Knew when my Aunt Rae died.Same year gramps went I think.She lived in the Mojavi desert in California.
Agree with Hapeehunter Marky.---Whoa!

#17 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2004 - 02:50 PM

Don't know how many of you got sent off to bed with "Sleep tight....don't let the bedbugs bite!"  I did.  I can remember waking up from a dream (nightmare?) and seeing bugs all over my bed. I screamed loud enough to wake my grandmother, who slept in the room with me.  I had to be younger than 3, because that's when my grandmother bought a double bed for us to use instead of her bed and my crib.

#18 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 01:36 PM

Well, it wasn't necessarily traumatic, but I do remember being a baby in my crib.  I was able to describe it accurately to my parents years later, much to their surprise.  I do have one traumatic memory from when I was about 2 or 3...I had a Raggedy Ann doll that I was totally inseperable from...one day, the family dog ate it.  I still remember the sight of the shredded doll.  Interestingly, my parents never seemed to connect that with the fact that, after this time, I developed a strong aversion to dolls of any sort( except Barbies, but I never played with them in the usual sense, I merely used them as mannequins for my budding sewing/fashion design skills), actually becoming furiously angry with other children for making their dolls talk and have personality, and scientifically dissecting any dolls given to me by well-meaning relatives.  Now, oddly enough, as an adult I DO sleep with a rag doll that I made and find it has greatly reduced my troubles with insomnia and nightmares, so much so that I highly recommend it to anyone having trouble sleeping well...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#19 Catlara

Catlara

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:31 PM

I remeber strange dreams I had, or at least what seemed to be dreams...

#20 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 03:01 PM

Yosei,

I tend to sleep with my stuffed bunny, not the same exact reason but some context
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#21 zj

zj

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 10:47 PM

i have an extremely early recollection that until recently i had always dismissed as a dream or something i made up at a young age.  just the other day my mother was asking me what my earliest memory was.  so, i told her that i remember being at my father's house, but my mom wasn't there because they were divoreced, and that i remember being wrapped in a light blue blanket on my dad's bed.  the next thing i remember was my dad rushing in and grabbing me.  i remember a lot of smoke and flames coming from the kitchen as he carried me through the house to the outside.  when i told her about this she just sat there with her mouth wide open.  she confirmed that that really did happen, and that my dad had a pizza in the oven and fell asleep while it caught fire.  she told me that i wasn't even a year old yet.  i knew that i was very young at that time because i remember feeling helpless and just had a feeling of being VERY small, a very strange feeling that i can't really explain.  after that i went on to tell about other memories, and it seems i have many, many memories from very young ages.  

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,882 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:47 AM

Welcome to GV buddy ZJ! Hope you enjoy the stay with us ;D

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#23 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

I don't know if this actually happened or was a dream from a picture that's lying around my house. There's a photo of a live boradcast at some news station somewhere and I remember walking down some stairs and there were lots of lights on the ceiling. I told my mom about that and I think she said that they went somewhere like that and it was before I was born. This was so long ago that I don't remember if I got the story straight, but I do know that I remember being there and what was around me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users