22 replies to this topic

#1 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:33 PM

i was wondering if anyone here has had something tramatic happened to them BAD_WORD a wee kid (lets say under the age of 4) and remember it vividly clear up to today?

when i was 1 my grandmother died on the couch. my parents were visiting them for the day and i walked up to my grandmother to give her a hug. she was on her right side and i went to hug she was cold. thats all i remember :P my mom said i screamed bloody murder because i guess i knew something was wrong and they came running in from the other room and they found her dead on the sofa for sometime :( people say i was close to my grandmother donna and she died at a young age of 45. its just weird how i remember at the age of 1. i told this to my mom a few months ago nad she was shocked that i remembered what happened but to me it was tramatic and now i'll remember it forever. its like its been branded into my brain ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:01 PM

WOW...that's a bit odd, most people don't recall anything before age 3-4
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 ZinnianWolf

ZinnianWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:34 PM

I don't remember much, only that my parents use to fight alot :-(

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,898 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

i have fallen down and has had stiches on my head and lower lips..... almost 3 that time! 25 stiches in all (have loads othersie all over the body)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#5 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:48 PM

That is a rarity, most people remember little, if anything from their early childhood. I only remember vaguely anything that happened back then, generally because it's locked away, painful memories for the most part...I wouldn't mind sharing them, but I don't want to have anyone pitying me for it, granted I know I'm not the only one who had an abusive childhood...I'm sure you all understand.
† I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight. †

#6 hapeehunter

hapeehunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:21 PM

I just remember little things like the kitchen in our first apartment(I was 21/2 when we moved)and looking into a hole in my grandparents porch and seeing a toad and being really excited about it.I was three at the time.I remember other things but I'm not sure how young I was probably 3 or 4.
Strange, most of the time I can't remember what I did yesterday but those things are very vivid.

#7 rockyroo

rockyroo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:29 PM

My mother died of cancer when I was 2.  I remember my dad taking us to the hospital to visit her.  We would go down to the lobby and she would hold me on her lap and love on me.  Gosh, can you imagine knowing that your dying and you'll never see your kids again?  

#8 Chula6971

Chula6971

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:53 PM

The only thing I remember when I was around 1 was playing under these tall bar stools my folks had, and my dad bending down and asking me what I was doing under there, and me talking to him in baby talk, but I was trying to say that i was pretending to be in jail like my brother Tiger.
I told my mom about that a few months ago, and she was amazed that I remembered playing under the stools.
I also remember my brother Jon putting a flash light up to my mom's belly when I was in her still and him saying that he was doing that so I could see the cartoons better since he knew it was dark where I was..lol

I've learned you can't make someone love you, all you can do is beat the crap out of them until they agree to.

#9 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:59 PM

The oldest memory I have is the first time I saw my baby brother. I ran out of the house and down the sidewalk and around to the passenger side of the car. I stood on my toes and looked into the window and saw mom holding the baby and just said wow. I was 3 at the time. There are other memories that pop in, but I dont know how old I was.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#10 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:04 PM

:-[oh rockyroo, i think that is the saddest thing. i think it bets me remembering my grandmother dead but remembering your mom dying of cancer has to take the cake :'( :'( :'(is the memory very vivid to you or do you remeber bits and parts? just curious. and yes i think that it tis sad your mom had togo not seeing you grow up.
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#11 moonshadow

moonshadow

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 06:45 AM

A few things stick out in my mind from when I was a year old.
One time I remember being out in the yard in only my daiper, and someone gave me an icecube, the darn thing slid down my throat and stuck there! I couldn't breathe and all I could think to do was run!!! I guess by doing that it made it melt faster.
The other thing is when I was laying in my crib in a dark room at night with my hand stuck out between one of the crib rails, I remember seeing a small glowing orange light coming at me and someone touching my hand. I mentioned this to my mom about 15 years ago and she told me that was her coming in the room to check on me and the orange glow was her lit cigarette! It's weird but the only real mememories I have at a real young age are all what scared me, and who wants to remember that! LOL

#12 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:31 PM

I have some I remember when I was 3 going to my great-aunts funeral and sometime before that sitting at her brother's house in the kitchen sitting in a high chair...my mother insisted I couldn't remember till I was 12 and went back down for the first time and could remember where everything belonged...to be in a high chair I couldn't be much older than 2
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#13 chamad

chamad

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

I don't remember anything before 41/2 -5. My first recall is of me being scared because I had spilled some ink I wasn't supposed to be playing with while my mom took my brother to the school bus stop. It was snowing and I wouldn't unlock the door so she could come in. But I just have the still image of that scene in my head, and then my memory picks up about a year later.  

Now mom always teased me for not remembering anything before I was 5 when she said all her other kids remembered back to at the most 2! whoopdeedoo! LOL

#14 Markey_Desade

Markey_Desade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location:x0|Ocala|USA||0|0|FL,Floridax0|Ocala|USA||0|0|FL,Floridax0|Ocala|USA||0|0|

Posted 14 March 2004 - 12:45 AM

The absolute only thing that I can remember from early childhood was when I lived with my uncle while my dad was over in Korea for a year. I was 3. I remember laying in bed not being able to sleep when something reached out from under the bed and tore my teddy bear off of it and pulled it underneath. I screamed and ran out of the room. My uncle thought my cousin was screwing around with me, but apparantly when he flipped the box spring over he found teddy with his head ripped off in a hole inside the boxspring cover... I would never, EVER sleep in that bed, in that room again for as long as I was there....

Coincidentally, it also jumpstarted my ghost and monster kick... go figure huh?

#15 hapeehunter

hapeehunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:12 PM

Geez Markey what a crappy thing to happen. We all really like to believe the thing under the bed isn't real but you blew that idea right out of the water. I'll have to sleep on the floor from now on.
LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users