• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

hmm.  dr. owl's japanese cousins are thriving in japan, but due to mess-ups in records during WWII, his direct relative to the family was stricken from family rolls.  so they lost contact.  

i hope someday to go to hiroshima and some other places in japan, and i'll be sure to take it back at that time.  i also have some college friends from japan, and i'm sure they'd understand if i sent it to them to have it re-introduced to its native land.

my dad's step-da was a real piece of work.  i'm sure that isn't the only war booty he took.  i'm sure there were other guys taking just as many spoils home, and it absolutely sickens me.

owlie
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#17 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:17 PM

Hey, Owlie,
I agree its a fairly deplorable custom, but sadly, its one as old as our race :) It was also used against our troops more than a few times, Japanese Officers would booby-trap their side arms or katanas and leave them for GI's to find.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with Dr Owl's family rolls and I think it would make a very cool trip to make ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,963 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:54 AM

but how exactly could residual energy be attributed? how does it actually come into play?

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:05 PM

Do you mean as a rule?

Okay, this is my own take on it, I think its a lot of factors, physical environment, energy sources available, strong emotions<this is probably why battle fields are so active>even a repetetive pattern if there was an emotional link to it. There are also other factors, if you mean a res haunting, the anniversary of the event, an occation in a descendant's life
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:35 AM

Verra verra interesting thread, whispers, lol, and I'm very glad that I can now share some of my own experiences with 'haunted' objects, lol. As a natural psychometrist I've held many things that made me wonder, just WHO in the heck touched this last?? lol Most of my experiences are, unfortunately, not good (ie very 'bad' vibrations) and I personally think that the reason why these objects get 'imprinted' is strictly due to the fact of the owner's energies. Objects have power once you charget them (ie wands, crystals, ect) but I also believe that they CAN,if there is sufficent energy available to have it create its own 'soul' after awhile. Now, I don't know if this sounds logical, or sane, lol, but I think that if computers may one day become 'self-aware', why not some objects then too?

I say this, because energy, I believe, grows with time, yet if no one else fuels it, and that energy becomes STRONGER, then it must be due to the object itself. I had a friend that owned a necklace. He didn't know if the prior owner of it had done something to it, but as he continued to possess it, he told me that he started to feel very uneasy about it...to the point where he wouldn't touch it and hide it in a closet. Yet, the CLOSET began to radiate malice as well after a time, even though no one touched it. Finally, after many strange things began to happen in his house (chairs moving by themselves, a crystal ball floating by itself near the window), he got rid of it by throwing it into a river. Since then, nothing has happened to his house and he believes that it was the necklace that was generating all this bad energy.

In the end, I think it starts with a living energy (people and their emotions) but can progress to just the OBJECT itself causing its own lifeforce...but that's just my thoughts on the matter! ;D

#21 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 10:35 AM

Shellas---I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks things can take on a life of their own...as an artist the idea is actually a positive and appealing one for me( I cried from sheer wistfulness when I read Lafcadio Hearn's 'The Screen Maiden'), but I can see how *some* people's lifeforce would generate things I'd rather not meet.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#22 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:41 PM

Shellas*Bows from the waist*TY for responding, but as high an esteem I hold your Ability, I do think that life is more an extention of the owner, since-for myself-I tend to see an image of the person and sometimes the events that caused the emotion, but I also realize that your gift is a lot more profound than mine.

You can also unintentionally charge something, Hun, just by handling/wearing it when you're emotional, though you could probably argue that its a subconscious/avatar decision to try to charge things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users