2009 Chicago Ghost Conference, 2-3 Oct

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

Tickets are on sale now for the much-anticipated 2009 Chicago Ghost Conference! The conference headquarters will be the historically restored Portage Theater on Chicago's Northwest side, just minutes from O'Hare airport and some of Chicago's greatest paranormal locations. Special Friday evening haunted tours of Chicago will sell out early.

Each October, we attempt to unlock the "locked up stories" of the spirits of Chicago--and beyond--at the Midwest's premier ghost hunting event of the season. The first Chicago Ghost Conference in 2007 went down in history as the first ghost hunters' convention ever held in the city of Chicago. For the first time, field investigators, authors, historians, folklorists, artists, sensitives, and enthusiasts from every walk of life came together in one of the world's most haunted cities for a weekend of learning, discovery, and--of course--ghost hunting. The 2009 conference promises to be even bigger and even better with an exciting mix of key paranormal speakers, special guests and members of paranormal groups from around the country.

Confirmed guests include: Jeff Belanger ~ Josh Warren ~ The Pickmans of Sallie House ~ Lorrain Warren~ Ghostly Talk Radio ~ Eddie Brazil from The Borley Rectory (UK) ~ JC Harris from Bartonsville Assylum ~ Bill Konkolesky from Mufon ~ Wanda Lou Willis ~ Christopher Bailey from Grimstone ~ Ray Sawyer & Paul Von Eisengrein from Dark Angel ~ The Ghostman & Demon Hunter ~ Ed Shanahan ~ Fredrick Stonehouse

Your hosts: Ursula Bielski & Mike McDowell ~~There will be several more guest speakers to be announced!

Tickets to the conference are just $50 per person ($40 IGT Members with current dues paid)($35 for students with picture school ID), and includes admission to the Friday evening reception (cash bar), guest speakers & discussion panel and all of the Saturday conference guest speakers & events plus admission to the dance Saturday night! Ticket price additionally includes admission into the vending area and a door prize ticket. * Vending area only tickets will also be available. *GHOST TOURS ARE AN ADDITIONAL FEE & NOT INCLUDED IN REGULAR TICKET PRICES.

The Portage Theater
4050 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60641
(773) 736-4050
www.portagetheater.org
http://www.myspace.c...ghostconference
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

I have to post on this one.

I think there is a problem with the link to this site.

2 times I have had computer issues opening this site. It creats some real problems. I don't think its my computer. It only happens when I have tried to connect to this link.

Just throwing this out there.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

I think there is a problem with the link to this site.
2 times I have had computer issues opening this site. It creats some real problems. I don't think its my computer. It only happens when I have tried to connect to this link.

You're right, I had trouble too. I got the info for this a few months ago and hadn't verified that the link was still good.

Here's a link that works: http://www.chicagoha...conference.html
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#4 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

Thanks! That works so much better!
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users