Melon Heads...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 A_Crowley

A_Crowley

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Growing up in Stratford, CT, there was a place teenager used to visit called "Dracula Drive." It was in the extreme north end of town. It may have actually been in Shelton, CT; the area changed drastically after they built the new Route 8. There was a stone house in the woods nearby. It was in an area near Rooosevelt Forest. Urban legend has it that a family of people stricken with encephalitis, people we called "melonheads" lived in the house, hiding from the rest of humanity. Story was they would eat you if they caught you in the woods at night, which was perfect fodder for any number of stoned-out teenagers who partied in those same woods, right at the stone house. I went back there recently and the street we used to call Dracula Drive is now titled "Beards Sawmill Road" which sounds a little creepy, too, if you ask me.
I know this was just an urban legend, but with all the posts about Trumbull and Shelton, does anyone remember the spot I am referring to?

#47 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

That was one of my hang outs! Dracula Drive... I can remember many nights a few car loads of us would go there in the late night . We use to hear many strange sounds and of course our minds would play tricks on us but this was back in the last 70's early 80s. it use to be a dirt road there too that you would drive down and that stone house use to have a lot of weeds and over grown trees around it. I have not been there in many years and since have moved out of CT. but yes the melon heads were the talk back then we would call out to them to come to us but well it never happened.
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)