Help interpreting a dream with my deceased mum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joyfeeling

Joyfeeling

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:58 PM

Hello I wonder if anyone could help to decode a dream I had with my mum who passed away a couple of years back. I'm going through a bit of a tough battle with a dishonest person and so wondered whether that might be related.

In the dream my mum and I were on a beautiful field, with beautiful sunlight and I came across a black Labrador who was very friendly. At some point I see my mum a bit further afield holding an emu in her hands (so odd I have never dreamt of an emu). The emu was calm and she was just holding it.

Any clues what this could mean? Thank you

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

I do not put much faith in dreams as any form of message.  However they definitely do relate to one's thoughts since they assembled within the mind.  Consider first your mother in the dream.  That is not hard to relate as you have memories of your mother to draw from.   Next the field.  That is fairly generic; fields are or can be peaceful places one would want to go to to relax.  Same with the dog, especially if you have any memories of a particular pet or even recall reading a story with such a dog.  The emu is odd, but since you recognize it in the dream clearly your mind has recollections of an emu, either real or a part of a story, somewhere in your past.  Your mind simply brought up that image from memory and included it in the dream.

All this conveys a feeling of relaxation or peacefulness.  That is the message of the dream, not any hidden meaning but simply a scene constructed within your mind of a peaceful situation. There appears to be no real conflict in this dream, everything just comes together to form the image.   Think of it as a story created within your thoughts.  No secret or hidden meanings, just a picture formed from your memories.  Enjoy it for what it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users