The Village

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:29 PM

Ok i missed it when it was in the cinema and i'll have to wait a few months before it comes out on dvd, with out any spoilers could someone tell me if its any good?
I've heard it was'nt that good but i havent seen a film done by M Shalamyan Night that i havent been gripped and freaked out by.
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

i heard it was pretty good but not really what they made it out to be on the previews.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:53 PM

I don't think it was quite as good as some of his others, but I still liked it. Would like to see it again once it's out on video.

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:32 AM

I wanted to see it too, but missed it. We have a theater here that runs movies that aren't new, but not ready for video yet - hoping I can see it there.

Did anyone watch the program about M. Night Shamalayan on the Sci Fi channel a few months ago, just prior to the movie's release? I saw it, and it was kind of hokey in my mind...
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 kenshin

kenshin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:59 AM

i watched it in the cinema a couple of days ago (its only really just came out in australia) it was a good movie, the ending leaves it wide open for interperentation (it doesn't really even end the film) and there are alot of things left unsolved also i don't really want to spoil it so i won't explain why but its not a horror movie but somewhat more of a love story
"And now, I make my escape, with my metallic hostage, never to be seen again! Unless I want to be seen! In which case, if I see you, before you see me... look out!" Frank dufense 'O'mally' , red vs blue

#6 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:01 AM

But it is a ghost story though right kenshin? :huh:
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:42 PM

It's not a ghost story. It's essentially about monsters in the woods from what I gather. I've been told that like Signs, this movie showed all the great freaky parts in the previews but the rest of the movie was relatively slow. Not bad, just not necessarily the exciting movie they show in the trailers. Can't wait to see it, though, I'm definitely a fan.
Don't be a newt!

#8 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:54 PM

it was slow, so I had to be patient, but I loved it...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#9 kenshin

kenshin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:26 PM

like i said it is not a horror story at all, i won't mention why since its a massive spoiler
"And now, I make my escape, with my metallic hostage, never to be seen again! Unless I want to be seen! In which case, if I see you, before you see me... look out!" Frank dufense 'O'mally' , red vs blue

#10 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:51 PM

I just saw this movie on DVD tonight. This movie stunk...like kenshin said....its not a horror movie and I won't spoil it for anybody....there's nothing to it. I found it to be a real waste of time.
Check out my artwork at: http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#11 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

I heard that is was AWFUL!! My parents went to see it on opening night, and my mother LOVES ghosts and hauntings etc, and she actually WALKED OUT......this is the woman that I gained my love and respect for hauntings and ghosts from.. DO NOT watch it!!!!!!!!!1
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#12 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:51 AM

Total WASTE WASTE WASTE of time! It was awful. Don't even bother Mr Grey!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#13 sketchkat00

sketchkat00

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:25 AM

My 9yr old son and I watched it on DVD last night. His comment to the movie was should have watched my movie (Friday Night Lights). It was stupid and a complete waste of an hour and a half.

sketch
Life is what happens when you just make plans"

#14 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

MrGrey My son just bought it and well he said it was a waist of his money. Even my 12 yr old watched it and did not get scared. I have not seen it yet but everyone that said they seen it that it was not worth it. My neighbor feel asleep during it. (tells you how it is) but that is just how we felt maybe you might like it. Let us know
Cathy

(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#15 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:09 AM

I have to admit that I really liked this movie. I think the reason so many people were disappointed with this film is the way it was portrayed in the previews. People were expecting something really horrifying and that wasn't the idea at all. It was very twisty and clever I thought.

Debbie a.ka. "WishingStar"
Debbie a.k.a. ~*~WishingStar~*~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users