• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:57 PM

I am a newbie. I had seen my friend's elder sisters play on a makeshift Ouija board several years back as a kid, but it was only recently that I decided to try my hand at it, since I was always interested in the Occult.

Initially I looked on the net for pictures and instructions on using it. They don't sell Ouija boards in India so if I was to use one, I would have to make it myself. The first thing I did was download a picture of the traditional Parker Bros. model of the board, which I enhanced and enlarged digitally. Then I printed it out and stuck it on to cardboard.

I must have sat for three nights, for an hour each, trying to make the planchette move but it just wouldn't budge!

I read somewhere that an Ouija board that you make yourself has a better chance of working. I decided to give it a go. I got plywood, sandpapered it, painted all the letters (still sticking to the more or less traditional Ouija layout). I also drew the Sun and the Moon (didn't wanna miss out on any detail  :)) but also drew religious sigils which I personally derive faith and power from, including a nice pentagram in the center. After finishing with an amateurish job and a few erases/ corrections, I varnished the thing and let it dry for a couple of days.

The next night I again sat down with it, trying to focus my mind to the spirit world and trying to call "any spirit that would like to communicate". The darned planchette still wouldn't move!

I had posted a question here regarding why I was being unsuccessful, and after reading the replies I decided to give it another go. This time I also got a friend to be my partner (Yes, they say you shouldn't do it alone but I don't have any friends even remotely serious about the occult and it's better to do it alone than to have skeptics).

June 28th, 4.30 PM:

I told my friend rather playfully about giving the board a go. I was sure it wouldn't work this time either so we sat down almost casually. We placed our fingers and practiced moving the planchette across the board, in order to get accustomed to the movement and make sure none of us was pressing it too hard.

We concentrated and beckoned on any spirit to come through and speak to us. We didn't speak out aloud so no one knew what the other was saying to call the spirits. The planchette moved a milimetre or so, which, of course, we attributed to our own movements. We must have been around 3 minutes into this when the planchette started sliding towards me. I wasn't even remotely surprised. I was dead sure it was my friend applying too much pressure and involuntarily moving the planchette across. 'What a fool!' thought I :P

I made it absolutely sure that I applied a bit of pressure AGAINST the direction the planchette would take, to check if I could manipulate the movement. But, I found that the planchette continued to move wherever it was going so I decided to be passive and just maintain finger contact. I was still very sure my friend was the one sliding it around.

I asked him if he was doing it, but he denied. He said he thought I was the one sliding it. I said no way. It was then that I thought maybe there really was a spirit there! My friend looked really grim and that is just not like him, so I would have known if he was playing a prank.

I decided to start asking questions. I had been smart enough to sit with a pen and paper so I have a record of our conversation.

The pointer slid rather easily and even navigated around the rougher areas of my hand-made board. One interesting peculiarity that I noticed about the board is that the planchette would sometimes not take the shortest distance to a given alphabet. It would go around the side and take the whole trip around onto the alphabet, which I thought was amusing. At least on 4 occasions I was convinced it might be my friend moving the thing (I'll admit I had grown a bit skeptic about the reality about the Ouija after my past unsuccessful attempts) and I always questioned him but he even swore upon God he was not doing anything himself.

Continued... Please view Part II of my post for the sťance transcript (of sorts)...
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:47 AM

hey! you could have posted in the SAME THREAD as three different posts!
Posted Image

#3 Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:58 PM

Awww sorry... I didn't know how to do it. It wasn't fitting so I had to break it up. Tell me in the PM so I next time I can keep things neat.
"I am BAD_WORD confident anyone who stands up and calls out to The Hell positively is in for a huge change in life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users