• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 creepykat

creepykat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:17 AM

hello everyone,My team and I had found this old abandon manion,thanks to help of a neighbor and her family.it's called the Sanger mansion,yes it is abandon and for sell,the history of this beautiful mansion is,it was built in 1906 and completed in 1913,founder and frist owner was william cary sanger father,which the sanger family had bought the land back in the 1700's all 1000 aces fo land use to belong to them,but over the years the land was sold bit by bit,william sanger father built the mansion on 200 aces,williams mother died before the mansion was completed,so after the mansion was completed williams father died,leaving the mansion to william,william was a very ill man and after so many years sold the mansion to a priest adn it was converted into a monastery in 1960,william died in 1966.
       the mansion stood as a monastery until around 1970,after that who owned it i'm still looking into it,i know that in 1990 a DR. bought the place and donated it to rainbow camp.
       The mansion is for sell,but there is alot of damage to the inside,it was being restore,but for some reason never was compeleted,college kids are hired during the summer to work on the place,more partys then work to me.
people have seen monks still walking around the mansion and the last care taker there saw a woman standing in the window,as for is it haunted,i beleive so.
     When i enter the mansion i could feel a strong being and several other beings,we did caught orbs flying on the camcord in the basement,(we went in the day light)we are going back for further investigation,during sundown,it should be interesting...and yes i got permission.
creepykat
creepykat

#2 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:01 PM

COOOOLLLL!  It's really neat looking!  Where is it located?  Are you and your group investigating anymore?  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#3 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:20 PM

What's the sale price ???
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:51 PM

That is a great looking place, keep us informed on what you find.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 creepykat

creepykat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

hello creepykat is back,but because of the weather here in Ny.we haven't gone back yet maybe this weekend,the mansion is located in waterville Ny. don't know the price yet for the mansion..but i'll keep you guys posted,thanks,creepykat
creepykat

#6 jocasta39

jocasta39

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I have been to the sanger mansion. it is haunted. i have photographic proof. I had been to Beardslee Castle in Mohawk and they had a pic of their resident entity, I showed them the pic i have of the sanger ghost and it was almost the same, they were floored...

#7 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

I'd love to see a picture of this place.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#8 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

It looks like the mansion DID sell in 2006, but the current owners tried to sell it in 2009...The story about the failed auction comes from THIS SITE.

Posted Image
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#9 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Okay, looks like I can't go back and edit, lol. Here's the link where the picture came from. This link also has a bunch of interior photos of the mansion. Looks like they've done a LOT of work to it!

http://enerjoy.org/s...sion_photos.htm

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any strong ghost stories about the place, aside from a one-liner about it being a monastery at one point and seeing monks around the grounds. I did find another haunted Sanger Mansion in TX, lol.

Edited by TheresaRHPS, 12 September 2012 - 09:40 AM.

Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#10 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Oh my goodness that is a large place! I'll check out website at home to really take a look at the pictures. Thanks again!

#11 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

oh my! The wood in that kitchen makes me want to move right in. I love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users