• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:07 AM

A change of plans had me in Northern Cal for Samhain, it rained on the big day, but we scouted the older cemetary my brother in law mentioned the next day, I have never seen anything like it, there was very little grass*in fact only on one of the side roads and that may have been a class distinction since this was an older cemetary*but the plots were bordered in cement with cement slabs covering each individual site, a platform from the stones dividing other plots and individual graves.

Unfortunately I couldn't get clearance to go in after closing since they had a problem with vandals 2 months before, so at night, all we could really do is stick camera's through the fence and talk to the curious ones who ventured close.

The next cemetary was a shade newer, late 19th century, but DANG! I made sure both my camera and recorder had fresh batteries before getting out of the car, I ended up having to change batteries twice on both, but got the oddest ir readings...it was a cool night, 41 degrees, but right in front of the main gate, first my thermometer went blank, then it settled for 0 degrees in an area of about 3' "HOLY HECK!" I say to my older sister the skeptic. "Do you feel that?" She didn't.

The presences there were on the shy side, a few seemed very intrigued by us and a few even smiled when I took out my camera and asked if I could take their picture*LOL*I'm blathering again, has anyone heard of a cemetary like that, all stone and cement??
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 08:47 AM

That's odd about fresh batteries draining like that. ??? ??? ??? As for the concrete I have seen pictures of Creek,Japanese,Chinese,and cemetaries in Hong Kong with no grass just concrete slabs.  

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 09:29 AM

yes, whispers... i think that the mostly stone and concrete cemetaries are in the more crowded asian areas - maybe a few in eastern europe.  did the names on the stones reflect an asian population?  where is this cemetary?  is it near SJ or is it nearer to oakland / SF?

what kind of readings / photos were you getting from the curious spirits?

sounds like you had fun on samhain!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:48 AM

Hey, Spirit...WOW Culture comes to San Luis Obispo! All I can think of is the Chinese immigrants that came over in the
late 1900's but as far as I know, no matter how prominent a role they held in their homeland, they were little more than manual labor, launderers, cooks, strong backs, so I'm at a loss, my friends

Hi, Owlie,
SLO's about 180 miles, give or take, south of San Francisco.
I recognized 1 Chinese name in the entire cemetary, primarily the names were Hispanic sounding, prominent families, too since I recognized a few street street names on the few sepulchers they had.

The disappointing thing was the second cemetary, which had 2 Civil War cannons*naval guns, I think*staked them out after a long talk with my civil war buff brother in law, but not even a mist...I don't think they saw action :'(
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:27 PM

Those cannons could of been from the U.S./Mexican war.

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:13 PM

Hi, Spirit...sorry for the delay but they were dated 1863 and I remember my Bro in law mentioning that in the War between the States, San Francisco Harbor was patrolled by Union gun boats

Totally off the record, the Major in Custer's Stand was named Keogh

#7 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 02:59 PM

I remeber now one of the forts was Alkatraz.

#8 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:28 PM

Hey Whispers ask you brother in law about a crossing named after a Major Peterson or Pierceson. All I know theres a P in the guy's name but, it is a supposedly a hot bed for ghosts. Good luck investigating the cemetary.

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:54 PM

Hey, Spirit, will do, Bud! For Custer's stand or SF?? Now that is a battlefield I'd LOVE to investigate ;D

You know,I got some really good stuff and some that just plain out creeped me out when I saw the pictures...it was a very intriguing night and I'm headed there for 4 days over Thanksgiving, I also want to reasearch it a bit to get a clue as to what may have happened there :(

#10 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 02:39 PM

Whispers are you going to South Dakota? If you are checkout Deadwood,S.D. It was for Custer's Last Stand.As for San Franscisco do you know anything about the Shaolin Hill region?

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:53 PM

Hi, Spirit
I'd love an opportunity to investigate in the Dakotas, but no, going up to San Luis Obispo, a little college town about 3 hours S. of SF

No, I don't, I'm afraid, I've never been that far up North, but given SF's past with the Chinese Immigrants...so, tell me about it ???

#12 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 06:56 PM

I was wondering because of the quake that leveled San Franscisco in the early 20th century. I also remember buying an import toy(Capcom SFII figure)from an online charity auction sponsored by a monastary in that region.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users