• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 12:58 PM

This is not my first encounter, but my stepmum's... seems very interesting...
When my stepmom (we'll call her ;) moved up here, she got a little apartment on the top floor of this big, old house in my dad's town. Though we haven't done extensive research on the land and house history, we know that it was once the residence of a wealthy family who had at least 1 slave. She lived in what was, essentially, the attic of the house.
The woman who lived there before B was very elderly, and she lived alone. She made claims of an old man coming out of the wall and stealing her food. She also claimed that at night, when she was trying to sleep, a teddy bear would apparate at the foot of her bed and start dancing. Everyone to whom the old lady related her story colored her senile, and she was soon put into a nursing home.
This story was told to my stepmum and my dad by the landlord before she bought the apartment (at the time, she was only dating my dad). Undaunted by the possibility of ghosts (she's a believer), she took out a lease on the apartment. She started feeling very uncomfortable in her bedroom. In doing a little of her own research, she found out that one of the houses owners mistreated their slave, Dolly. Dolly hung herself in B's bedroom, and was later buried underneath this massive oak tree right in front of where B parked her car.
She has long since moved in with us, and she and my dad are happily married, but I can remember going over to her apartment. I could never fall asleep there - I think I napped there all of once. I would use her computer (which was in her bedroom), and always get the distinct feeling that someone was watching me.
Weird, eh?
[glow=green,2,300]~Nicole~[/glow]

Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users