• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

I had a thought while I was getting some equipment together for my first investigation... Hasn't anyone thought of a head mounted IR camera... When you see the shows where they have a camera mounted on a helmet with a battery pack and video storage unit in a "fanny pack", why can't the make something similar where you mount the IR camera on a headband... This way, while you're looking around, if you happen to see something, you'll catch it on camera...

When I watch shows like TAPS, I get annoyed when they Jason, Grant, Steve, or Tango see something, but we can see what they saw...

Does anyone make something like this and can show me where to get it??? Do they even make an IR camera that small???

Just a thought... Let me know what you think...

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:47 AM

In theory, its an excellent idea...

However, with head mounted IRs, you'd have to go wireless and with wireless comes a much greater amount of interference. Plus, it would have a certain level of "shakiness" to it that wouldn't really do much good during analysis. Even just simple walking or abrupt head turning towards a noise or sight will give whoever is reviewing it motion sickness, lol. Think how bad the picture would be if someone was running towards an entity.

Plus, even small, lighter models will undoubtedly have a noticeable heft to them AND a certain bulkiness, which would be uncomfortable and perhaps even dangerous for the wearer. Heck, I don't even like wearing my headlamp at times, hehe.

More practical would be just to have investigators outfitted with a handheld with good nightshot/IR booster at all times...and train them to actually turn their cameras TOWARDS suspected activity...even when moving...and to keep their cool.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 tim650

tim650

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:31 PM

In theory, its an excellent idea...

However, with head mounted IRs, you'd have to go wireless and with wireless comes a much greater amount of interference. Plus, it would have a certain level of "shakiness" to it that wouldn't really do much good during analysis. Even just simple walking or abrupt head turning towards a noise or sight will give whoever is reviewing it motion sickness, lol. Think how bad the picture would be if someone was running towards an entity.

Plus, even small, lighter models will undoubtedly have a noticeable heft to them AND a certain bulkiness, which would be uncomfortable and perhaps even dangerous for the wearer. Heck, I don't even like wearing my headlamp at times, hehe.

More practical would be just to have investigators outfitted with a handheld with good nightshot/IR booster at all times...and train them to actually turn their cameras TOWARDS suspected activity...even when moving...and to keep their cool.

its already been done you guys, www.livescifi.tv outfits there investigators with head cameras as well as real enviromental monitoring equipment which is broadcasted directly to there site via www.livescifi.tv. Its pretty cool stuff they just did any investigation at the Stanley last weekend, and the one thing i like about it is that the cameras are focused on the investigators but rather the investigation itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users