Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Your Religion

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Poll: What best describes your beliefs?

What best describes your beliefs?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#166 OmniSoul

OmniSoul

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:My interests are: Neuropsychology, Neuroscience, Biological Psychology, Metaphysics, Science, Cosmos, Astronomy, Tarot, Palm Reading, Psychic Abilities and Intuition; Energetics, Healing Modalities, Consciousness & Human Evolution, anything to do with the Subconscious mind & reprogramming it...

These are my certifications so far:
    3rd Degree Reiki Master; Certified Hypnotherapist; Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner...

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:36 PM

I believe in All That Is, Source Energy, Creator... But I do not believe in organized religion.

I do appreciate and respect the religious or spiritual beliefs of others. And will honor another's cultural customs, out of courtesy and gratitude, when in their presence, regardless of my feelings; and expect reciprocation, respectively. (We all have the right to believe in whatever we choose. I will support one's journey of Self-Discovery, as long as there are no boundary violations on either side.) I do not push my beliefs on anyone, I do and will talk about it, pose questions, and stand firm in my own convictions. I want other's to be open minded enough to see things from my point of view, and share knowledge. Listening and talking, debating, etc.

So..

My grandmother was a Pentecostal preacher, who had this amazing Gift; she was almost full-blooded Cherokee, a Healer of sorts and would talk to God and hear his answer. (Now, at this point, I am not sure if it was dementia setting in or what, she was always a little off, if you catch my drift. I apparently inherited her amazing gifts, lol if that tells ya anything.)

My mother was raised Baptist, my father, on the other hand, no religious beliefs whatsoever. (I was raised by my father till I was 15.)

My mother expected me to be Baptist. It didn't fit me. The Bible in general didn't fit me.

I am an analyzer; an out of the box, unorthodox thinker. I think for myself, and will always, even if I'm standing alone (besides, it much quieter this way, not standing in a group of people screaming that their way is the right way, when it's not even "their way" in the first place, it's someone else's and they are just moving with that Crowd. That's their belief. That's fine by me.)

Something I wrote last year, when I was still on the fence about my beliefs (finding my Truth): "Why be a follower being lead around by a talker, like a toddler running for a walk in her walker. Slamming into sh*ts for giggles."

I've tried being Christian. But with my watchful, observant eye, those early childhood Church-Going experiences weren't congruent and didn't add up. (:) Doesn't matter that I'm bad at math most of the time.) It was in 2009 that I heard the expression: "Standing in your garage does not make you a car, any more than going to Church makes you a Christian." Which I then understood that that was "just how people are, regardless of their Religious Affiliation."

The profound wisdom imparted on me that day shed some much needed light on many a circumstance or situation. Those words allowed me to take a step back and not judge a particular Religion (or anything, really) based on the small circle of interaction that formed certain experiences.

I see things as "they are" not how "I am."

I don't believe in what some call the God-Concept. Not as other's do. I don't have a visual persona attached to my Creator. It is Divine Light, Total Conscious Awareness, Pure Intelligent Energy, Masculine & Feminine.

I have no real justifiable label or category to put my belief. I do prefer Buddhism, and I practice Wicca; both fulfill my spiritual needs on most levels. I appreciate the principles and Universal Truths.

I enjoy studying different Religions, incorporating certain attributes of each, whatever resonates within me; learning constantly, so that my Consciousness evolves with a well-rounded fluidity allowing external experiences and intuitive insight to propel my Spiritual Development forward towards Enlightenment.

I know that I can impact the world in a major way by relaying my knowledge for the highest good of all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users