Photo

Mothman

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 truthseekersgroup

truthseekersgroup

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Well, I love horses, and I love outdoor sports. I have 4 kids, soI spend alot of time with them. I'm also into Paranormal Research. I have had some really interesting expeireinces, especially here lately. That is why I have decided to start my own group. And where is a better place then Mothman-ville USA????? Home of the infamous Mothman! If you would like more infor on the group, please inquire to truthseekersgroup@hotmail.com Thanks! Good luck, and Happy Haunting!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

I have noticed that there were a few posts on the Mothman. I happen to live in the infamous Mothman-ville! (Point Pleasant, WV). A few weekends ago, we had the Mothman Festival, which was a blast! I have several different pictures, as well as some web-links that you can visit.

http://mothmanlives.com/
Do I believe in Ghosts? No. I believe that there are people without bodies, longing to communicate..... Happy Haunting!

#2 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

Welcome to GV truthseekersgroup,

I have watched the movie on several occasions. Thanks for posting the link, it is interesting reading.
M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#3 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

I've read a lot about the Mothman. It's one of the more interesting cryptozoology/ paranormal cases out there. The festival sounds cool.

#4 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:17 PM

I've heard of the movie (but have never seen it). I didn't know it was based on something. Thanks for the link truthseeker it was very interesting!

#5 arial

arial

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:16 AM

I've heard of the movie (but have never seen it). I didn't know it was based on something. Thanks for the link truthseeker it was very interesting!

i saw something bout the mothman on paranormal state. that was really creepy! but a very awesome story. i tend to believe that its true. im a skeptic big time, and takes alot for me to really believe, but this one i do believe.

#6 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

i watched about the moth man on the show weird travels and it was like saying that the moth man flew around this bridge one night and then the next day the bridge fell down did the moth man cause it or was it trying to warn people

:hug2:

#7 randalflag

randalflag

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

Haha, When I was a kid my life goal was to catch mothman and fight him. Me and some other kids had a whole group dedicated to it and everything. It was some really fun times. Never could get him though... :(
“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.” -Quoted by Stephen King

#8 GhostWhispers

GhostWhispers

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Films. Horror movies. Music. Reading. Writing. Poetry. Arts & Crafts. Photography. Beaches. Nature. The Paranormal. =)

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

The Mothman has always interested me ever since I watched the movie. I own a few books about sightings of the mothman. It's always intrigued me.

#9 acdcfreak

acdcfreak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ac/dc, the paranormal, led zeppelin, bugging my elders

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

what are your opinions on mothman and what is the story behind him??

rock on :clap:
jonathan
http://www.facebook....amp;ref=profile feel free to add me, i'm da dude"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your hot chocolate mindfully."

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

I bought John Keel's book some years ago and didn't get very far into it. I found it to be dry as dust, which considering the subject material is quite surprising.
There are some topics here on GV that you can find if you do a search, and here is what Wikipedia has to say about Mothman:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

I merged your topic with an already existing one.
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#12 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

I have seen the Mothman Prophecy (Richard Gere), and watched it only because it seemed like an interesting story telling. That being said, I was mesmerized in a way that I cannot explain. I have a really hard time believing in giant Moth men telling us the future, though I do believe in the para-normal, especially spirits, but in the sense that they are the essence of each of our individual being that simply has shed its shell and moves on to a different plane of existence. In my many years of (I am 50) being 'visited' by any otherworldly entities, I had a very remote memory, virtually forgotten, pop into my head. I was between moves when a child and was staying in my grandmother's house in the Northwest on the family homestead, rather far up in the woods. My grandmother was uncanny in her 'abilities' - knowing when people were stopping by, understanding the earth/nature and being the family medicine woman, as it were. Well, along with all the usual magical things that occur in an enchanted place like the deep redwoods, I only recently remembered waking up in the middle of night and seeing (and at 6 being terrified into paralization) what I recall describing to my father as a 'giant moth' - the moth part was very specific. I heard speech of some sort, but honestly don't remember anything specifically 'said' to me. Anyone else have a specific 'Moth' manifestation? What should I have expected to experience?
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#13 darklie

darklie

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

My wack theory- an Alien watched Superman and decided becoming a super hero would be the best way to introduce himself to humans. Unfortunatley the publics reaction to him was not like in the movies; so he got really depressed and never comes out of his room anymore.

#14 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

Too much "fact" to be an "urban legend" but still not really believeable; guess it depends on what book(s) you have read or movie(s) you have seen. I think it is real but then I believe in ghosts so what do I know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users