Free Skins
© Fisana

Angel Feathers

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 30 June 2003 - 11:39 PM

Angel Feathers

I watched an item on the TV about angels. The guest on the show said that you could ask an angel to give you evidence of their existence by producing feathers! At the time I thought no more about it, thinking that it was a fanciful notion. However, on my twice daily walk it came to mind again. Thinking 'nothing ventured, nothing gained', I said, "OK, if there is an angel in the vicinity, prove it!" As I rounded the bend in the road I found a pure white, fluffy feather every few yards down the whole stretch of the road until it met the T-junction!

A little later I went out for a second walk. I picked up the only remaining feather and clutched it in my hand, meaning to take it home, on opening my palm it had vanished. There was no wind and I swear it had not blown away!

I mentioned this extraordinary occurrence to my husband fully expecting a teasing response. I was not disappointed!

With tongue firmly imbedded in cheek, he asked any passing angel to send him a sign! Sometime later he discovered, on turning down the duvet, two white, fluffy feathers.  We do not have feather pillows or duvets

On going outside the following morning there seemed to be a lot of white feathers blowing around the patio!

My husband found a feather by his place setting at the breakfast table. When he got into his car, feathers were discovered on the driver’s seat and on the floor by the foot pedals.

This story is on going we keep being confronted by feathers in places where one would not expect to find them.

My friends around the world, on hearing my story, have also asked the angels for feathers and have reported remarkable results. This is part of an e-mail from a good cyber-pal of mind from Florida.

“Last night before going to bed I asked with all seriousness for an angel to send me a feather. Well, I woke up this morning covered in feathers. I have two feather pillows on my bed and the seam had come apart on one and feathers were everywhere. The seam was not ripped, the thread was just gone and all the stuffing came out during the night. I have a ceiling fan, which picked up the feathers and they were swirling through the air and landing on the furniture only to be picked up and swirled around again. It looked like a fluffy snowstorm. I had to turn off the fan and I spent about 30 minutes or so vacuuming up all the feathers. I will never again ask for an angel feather. There is an old saying "Be careful what you ask for because you might get it" I got it all right.”

I reported this story on another website and got a scathing response, not unexpected, from one of the posters on that forum. However, I got an apology a few days later when he too asked the angels for feathers, as a joke, and found any number in his car, which were not there before, and there seemed no way that they could have got there by natural means!!!!

I think the feathers are probably no more than an amazing set of coincidences, but it gives one pause for thought!

#2 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 12:34 PM

That is pretty wild. I have never heard about asking for feathers. Wonder if it would work for dollars? jk.. lol. I  have to many feather pillows to even try. ;)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#3 lilmisspoing

lilmisspoing

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 01:31 PM

i have never heard about that before but i htink i may try it i'll tell you all if anything happens with it

• Guests

Posted 02 July 2003 - 02:20 AM

It would be great if it rained down money!

Do give it a try, so many of my friends have, and it has worked for them. As I said, it is likely to be a set of coincidences, but rather fun.

Of course we don't know that Angels actually have feathers, do we?

#5 Catlara

Catlara

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:09 PM

That's pretty cool!! I should try it, but my room's a mess as it is!! one Day though!! thanks for sharing the cool story!!

#6 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, poetry and writing

Posted 08 July 2003 - 12:09 PM

My husband got up this morning and found a feather attached to him, it was white and fluffy! We do not have feather pillows, duvets or any other source of feathers in the house. Our daughters, on hearing this, suggested that he might need flying lessons in the future, LOL!!!! ;D

Rose-Mary
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#7 Baggy

Baggy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 06:23 AM

Hi Rose Mary,
       On a couple of occassions when I have come down stairs in the morning I have found white feathers on the living room carpet and wondered how they got to be there, now I know. I enjoyed reading your story very much-thank you.
       Sweet dreams,
        Baggy ;)

#8 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:08 AM

It is strange how many of my friends all over the world have started encountering white, fluffy  feathers where there should be none!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#9 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 08:53 PM

Very interesting. Anyone have any ideas what a Demon or otherwise evil entity would leave as proof of existence? Maybe scorch marks...perhaps a horrible experience..an injury...maybe even a catastrophe. Anyone brave enough to seriously ask? Maybe it'd be better if no one did. As for signs from angels, I'm willing to try it.
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#10 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone know where the idea that angels have wings (feathered or not) came from?

#11 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 12:21 PM

Isn't there a description in the Bible of Angel wings?
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#12 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:34 PM

The seraphim are described in the Bible as having six wings, although there doesn't seems to be a fair bit of debate about whether or not the seraphim should be regarded as "angels" - but I can't find any reference to those wings being feathered.  I'm not sure whether the angels of Islam have wings.  Perhaps someone with more extensive theological knowledge than mine could enlighten us.

#13 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:47 AM

One my way home from my walk this morning, I was thinking about the 'angel' feathers. As I turned into our drive there were lots of white fluffy feathers, that were not there when i went out for my walk! OK, so a passing swann???? dumped them, but quite a weird coincidence all the same!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#14 spookymonkey

spookymonkey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

As a former seminary student majoring in comparative theology, I can tell you with authority angels do have wings.  Or they don't.  Depending upon their purpose.  Traditionally, angels have been the messengers and conduits of the creators will.  They have also been the protectors of man on occasion.  There are also different classes of angels, all with different jobs and powers. The Seraphim, Cherubim,(don't look like cupid by the way)Archangels, and angels to name a few.  Their descriptions and characteristics are very similar from faith to faith as all religions have stories of such entities. Whether they be angels, dakini, garuda, or valkyrie they do what they do.  Of the faiths, the judeo-christian, islamic, and zoroastrian have placed the most concentrated study into angelology.  Other very interesting sources of angel study have been the kabbalists (jewish mystics and magicians) and the study of enochian magic which is based on the knowledge of the angels identities, jobs, and place in the cosmos, as well as the power to invoke them for protection or the advancement of the summoners wisdom.  Enochians claim to have the written translations of angelic script as well, whose sigils are very powerful protective symbols.  My interest in all paranormal subjects comes as aresult of my experiences, beginning in early chilhood.  To anyone tempted, try not to fool with the demonic.  Where there is good there is bad, and as someone who has been that foolish in my youth, they are very real and very difficult to put back in their box.  The demonic have an intense hatred of man and love to see bad things happen to us.  Which brings us back to angels.  I'm going to try it and hope i get a feather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users