Old Topice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

wow.. wonder if it would be feasible to merge some of those togeater!

They are all old discussions CrysCat, not too sure if it is meaningful to merge them.

Transfering this down to here as it fits better.

Searching for old posts is not easy on here. There is got to be a better way, so we don't have five or six posts on the same topic. For example: Black Dogs (general folder).

What about archive folders for each section with a search feature?
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

At the top of the Forum Home page, you see a blue stripe. To the left, you see the word "Search", next to the help link. Click on that and you can search the entire forum using one or two words on a given topic. Click on each board - Beginners Block, Personal Encounters, etc. When you are on the main page for the board (where you see all the topics for that board), look to the bottom right. You will see a place to search that board only. You can do an advanced search with either one. I'm not sure how easy it would be to have an archive section, as each board has a great many pages of topics. I think it would probably be more difficult to have a specific archive for the entire board.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Honestly, I don't see it up there. I think the search features on here are WAY too small to see.. If people don't see it, it won't get used and you will get multiple posts on the same subjects.

I was talking about a new way to search. Sorry If I was not clear.

#4 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

I have no idea how big it shows up on a computer but on my phone I think its fine. It's on the upper right hand side of the page in the blue stripe where you can search members and other things.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

I do however understand your point CrysCat, but more than the lack of visibility of the search function, most members who start already existing topics do not use it in the first place.
Posted Image

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

Thanks Moonc!

I can see it now, but it comes up REALLY SMALL on my laptop... I was thinking that it mght get used more if it was more visible. But you have a point about people being, Lazy, I guess and not bothering to use it.

I was thinking about searchable archive folders. were posts of a certain age would be put in and having a really obvious search function there.

Just an idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users