Spirit Guides

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ~Mizu~

~Mizu~

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hello, my name is Mizu and I am new at Ghost Village!
^-^ Well, anyway when I first came here, I read information about Spirit Guides. I have a few questions, as I tried to contact my Spirit Guide(Which I used Meditation, here: http://www.ghostvill...howtopic=13828)
I felt a weird feeling on the left side of my face, going to my right, and I saw bright flashes through my closed eyes. I opened my eyes when it happened, as I got scared. Is that a normal thing that happens? And, I had another question that I could not answer: How do we know who is our Spirit Guide?

Hi Mizu (means 'water' in Japanese ;) )

I have also sometimes experienced bright flashes when my eyes are closed. The bright flashes might be physical or spiritual. Really hard to say. Do these happen all the time or just at certain times? Try not to be afraid.

The really hard part about spirit communication is separating your own thoughts from the spirit voices. That must be the hardest part. Some mediums actually hear a physical voice, but I think most do not. I hear spirits through what seems like my own thoughts, through impressions, and sometimes (but rarely) through physical voice sound. Over the years, I have learned to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the spirit's voice. But sometimes I still get them mixed up. This was especially hard for me to do in the beginning of practicing mediumship. Try not to feel too frustrated in the beginning. Also please remember that some people are just naturally more sensitive and better at spirit communication than others. But I believe that almost anyone can learn to talk to their spirit guide if they practice. Talking to stranger spirits is another matter. A lot of times I have used my spirit guide as a go between translator when talking to other spirits. Many spirits simply don't know how to communicate with the living. And most living people don't know how to hear spirit voices. Just my opinion, but I believe that spirit guides were specifically trained on the other side to be guides for the living. They had formal education and learned how to communicate with the living and so on.

There are some good books out there that can teach you how to communicate with spirits if you are serious about it. Mediation of course is very important. Living a zen lifestyle is also very effective at helping you become more aware of what is happening around you by living in the moment.

It may take you a long time to start hearing answers from your spirit guide. If it seems like your own imagination and you are making up the answers, that's ok. Just go with it and keep trying. You will eventually learn to tell the difference.

(Thank you everyone! I have more and more information, and I have learnt so much. :lol: )
Hello! :wave:
Actually, I get bright flashes if I meditate and close my eyes. What I have on my attention now is, since I first started meditation, if I close my eyes, I get this sort of sensation, as if it feels you were twitching. AND, also, I get chills(even if it was not cold), or the same sensation on my left side of the body, every time I would be calm. (This happened to me earlier, and I felt my seat shaking, and I know that was not me.)

Yes, that is true. I am starting to try practicing, too. :)

Oh, thank you. I will go try and looks for some books, and maybe even try the Zen lifestyle! :D

#17 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hi Mizu,

All those feelings are normal. I get the whole gamut while meditating from warmth, chills, shakes, feeling someone touch my face or hold my hand. It's all ok and you'll get used to it the more you practice. Sounds like you are making a lot of progress in a very short time and that is really great to hear! I'm very happy for you as a whole new world is opening up to you now. Stay with it and definitely read, read, read and practice, practice, practice.
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#18 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Hello! :wub:
Actually, I get bright flashes if I meditate and close my eyes. What I have on my attention now is, since I first started meditation, if I close my eyes, I get this sort of sensation, as if it feels you were twitching. AND, also, I get chills(even if it was not cold), or the same sensation on my left side of the body, every time I would be calm. (This happened to me earlier, and I felt my seat shaking, and I know that was not me.)

Yes, that is true. I am starting to try practicing, too. :)

Oh, thank you. I will go try and looks for some books, and maybe even try the Zen lifestyle! :D

Mizu - are you drinking enough water? The twitching in your eyelid that you discribe (or any muscle twitch) is caused by dehydration. I am not refering to drinking soda, but water. You need to drink about eight glasses of water through out the day, and more if you are doing spirit work. Plain water is extremely important to your physical well being. Dehydration is sneaky and can happen even if you don't feel thirsty. This could also be the cause of the chills and shaking. Remember - meditation calms you. It does not cause you to feel cold or fear, etc. When you meditate you are going within yourself. You are opening your third eye, if you will. If you are having contact with spirits other than your Guide(s) then they are lesser spirits and you need to "cut them off" from this contact. That kind of contact is too draining, especially for someone who is beginning their meditative practice. Save that kind of contact for when you are in control or in charge. By allowing them to do this sort of thing, you will become distracted and lose your focus. These spirits, whatever their intent may be, will drain your energy and that is another reason for the chills, etc. Meditation should leave you with a deep sense of peace and physical well being. You should be energized, yet calm. This does take time to accomplish. Do not give up, but keep going. Remember to follow the instructions of my meditation excersise carefully - especially the preparation part. No distractions to turn your focus away from your goal. P.M. me if you have questions. Good luck and keep going!

Edited by Redhead, 11 March 2008 - 09:03 AM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#19 ~Mizu~

~Mizu~

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

It's been quite a while since the day I decided to do the meditation, but I do remember vaguely drinking... not that many cups of water, truth be told. I'd like to say that I eat better, due to my being in a dance class. Anyway, I decided to do the respiration exercises that I believe Kira told me about. Throughout various parts of the day, especially when I was at my calmest, I had the oddest sensation on top of my head which stayed with me for a few days even after I stopped doing the exercises.

Now yesterday I had the desire to mediate using your method once more, Redhead. I preformed my prayers, said that I only wanted the higher beings of light, and first felt the tingling sensation on both my hands, and both of my cheeks. My right knee felt like it was being rubbed as well! Few minutes later my eyes began to twitch again, except this time the twitches seemed... massive and uncontrollable because they were going at a quick rate. They seemed to last, at the maximum, twenty seconds (I think they lasted much less than that, however). But during that period I experienced bright, but blurry shapes. I can't make them out, however, because they were coming and going at an extremely quickly rate. I decided to open my eyes a few moments after, me being extremely curious. This time the whole meditation left me very content and calm. My body felt less pressured and much more free, you can say.

Today, I decided to do those breathing exercises, with a peculiar feeling around my eyes and forehead. There wasn't any twitching involved in this one- I can't explain how it felt, but I can still feel the traces in said areas.

What I ask is:
What seems to be happening?

#20 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Mizu,

You are opening up and activating the energy in yourself. You should start with the root chakra and work your way up. There are books about activating the chakras while meditating and in a order that is most beneficial.

It feels to me that you are uneasy with what is happening and fear will inhibit what is supposed to happen. Know that you are safe and protected and always surround yourself with the light. Once you have finished meditating you need to close yourself. You leave yourself open and that can cause you more harm then good. Yes, the feeling is good! To know and feel the activation in the third eye (eyes and forehead sensations) but you need to protect yourself also.

Reading is a good way to learn about this if you do not have someone to teach you. Once you read and understand, then only more questions will come. It's a never ending learning process but an exciting one too.
I am more than my physical body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users