The smell of perfume.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

I had a small encounter this evening. It was a 07:15 Pm EST. My Wife, Mother, and I had just finished supper and we were sitting at the table talking. For about 5 or 8 seconds I experienced the odor of perfume. It smelled like an older ladies perfume, with a hint of Rose. The smell was so strong I could actually taste it. It didnít last long. I asked my wife and mother if they had smelled anything funny and tried to describe the smell but neither of them had experienced anything. My wife and mother do not wear perfume and I would have noticed it previously if they did. We have lived in this house for a year and a half and had no strange occurrences until now. Recently I have been trying to up my sensitivity and protection so I can protect my son if needed. I am wondering if I sent out some type of vibe that may have brought a spirit around.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 11 January 2004 - 06:00 AM

No, you didn't start up anything that wasn't already there.  Spirits know when people are more sensative and will try and make contact with that person over others that are not as receptive.  By "uping" you sensetivity level, you will have more spirits that will try and contact you from time to time because they feel that you have a better chance of receiving their communication.  Have you tried taking pics and perhaps some evp's? ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 lmackey

lmackey

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:00 PM

I feel alittle diffeernt than krcguns on this one.  I have a spirit in my home but haven't tried recording or taking photos.  Mostly because I do not want to frighten him, but also I don't want to chance ticking him off.  I personally would wait awhile and see if the spirit (if that is what it is, sounds like one though) means any harm.  They may just want to say "hi, I know your here and now you know I'm here"  You need to use your gut feelings on this one.  Be prepared for all possiblities on what you might find, not all are Casper the friendly ghosts'
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:27 PM

I've never smelt anything but a few months after my brother's death my step-mother came home from work and could smell my brother's cologne and had the feeling that someone had just stepped out of the house.  She gets home at about a quarter to 4 and my dad leaves by 11 so even if he had sprayed the cologne on it wouldn't last that long and the only place she smelled it was in the living room and my dad keeps the bottle in the kitchen cupboard (yeah odd I know)
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 lmackey

lmackey

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:43 PM

What a nice remindeer that he is still there and with your family!
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#6 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:13 PM

i've noticed, that there were times, when i'd get upset, after my uncle died, who had been a great inspiration to me died, I would smell his cigars, and feel him nearby... one time, I was at achool, and freaked out a teacher, whom I learned was a sensitive.. Sammy, by the sounds of it, I don't think if there's anything there , it's a bad thing... but I would definatly, when no one's around, maybe jsut ask a few questions, and see if they respond.

• Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:43 PM

When my grandsons fathers mother passed away the day of her funeral we came in our home and we could smell the fragrance or whatever you want to call it that you smell in a funeral home.This is not the first time this has happened, there were 2 young men killed ina car accident about 1/4 of a mile from my house, I didn't know either one of the boys but I did go to see the car 2 dayys after the wreck.Ever since then one of the boys whose name was Mark has been around us. We could come home at night from work and you could smell that same smell in our house and it was very strong. I decided to talk with him through my quija board and that is how I found out who it was in the first place. You can feel him sit down next you when you are sitting on the bed he sometimes will move things, especially things that belong to my daughter so we just tell him to behave and to go on about his business, but every once in a while he lets us know that he is still around. I think I would miss him if he were to leave and not come back.

#8 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2004 - 10:27 AM

I've found many times that a sudden odor of a loved one who has crossed over will fill the air around me. †I've enjoy these little reminders that they're still with me. †

On other occasions, though, I, too, have experienced the strong odor or flowers (especially roses). †I have to stop and ask who's sending the message. †Most of the time, it's someone who's crossed over. †Other times, though, it's someone very alive! †I have a dear friend who seems to unknowingly sends a scent of roses out when she's upset. I've convirmed this by simply phoning her and asking what the problem is. †

So next time you get that "floral" delivery that only you can smell, stop and ask who's on the sending end. ;)

#9 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:53 PM

Update:

Sorry I havenít been here in a while. I have been wrestling with myself and whatever is in my house I have had a couple of more experiences but I donít think itís a Ghost. In the past two weeks I have had some items disappear and reappear. The first was my meditation timer. I ripped apart the house looking for it but couldnít find it. Three days latter I found it on the living room shelves. I know my wife nor I put it there. My books have been moved, or have disappeared altogether. I hope some I get them back. My security badge for work has been missing only to return to its spot 5min latter. I have also been feeling its presence when I meditate. I meditate for a Ĺ hour at work in the morning and about an hour or longer when I get home. I can tell it is watching me at work. I can feel its presence. At home when I meditate it gets a little bolder. It moves in front of me, or blows on the back of my neck. I have tried contacting it through meditation but it doesnít reply. I have taken pictures and recordings but I am getting nothing. I have a feeling that itís trying to tell me something. I had some weird picture flash through my head. They were of jagged black rocks on a background of yellow. I donít know if they are meant for me or if I am creating them. I am getting really antsy and I feel messed up somehow. I could just be going crazy.

#10 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:24 AM

Took awhile but its better now.

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,882 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:44 AM

i have had smell of the perfume my grandmother was using, the yardley jasmine. I have had strong presence too, but not for quite sometime now!

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#12 Ameya_Hatt

Ameya_Hatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:37 AM

Hi there,

My brother died 20 days ago. Last night arround 8:00 pm GMT +5:30. Me and my father were talking. then suddenly the perfume smell was comming from some where and it was only in two rooms out of three. And none of us used a perfume around that time. or lite a scented aggarbatti infront of god. i doubted so i checked in my neigbourhood as well but this unknown scent smell was only in the living room and the bedroom. later, i was little bit scared so i played hanuman chalisa and mahamrutyunjay Mantra . Then that smell vanished in the air after 10 minutes . i am generous to know if it is something that i should be scared about or anything else.

waiting for inputs from all of you. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users