Why are these questions never asked?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 needkram

needkram

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

When watching the abundance of tv or youtube video regarding ghost communication, why arent the following questions ever asked?

1. is there a heaven and why are you not there

2. is there a god

3. does time go by quick or slow - if you have been dead for 100 years does it move like one day in their world

#2 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

These questions have been asked many times over the centuries. The answers depend on your beliefs and the available knowledge at any given time. There are just no definitive answers. No one agrees as to the absolute answer. That's the eternal fun and frustration of it all.

~ Carlotta

Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#3 needkram

needkram

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

Thank you Carlotta.  Are you aware of any documented readings that can be found via the internet?

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

Maybe a more appropriate approach might be to question why WE feel that what we contact is actually associated with death / dying.  Fact is that connection has been alluded to over the centuries but has never been proven.   What we perceive as a spirit may in fact have no such connection.  Why are we hung up on spirits being those who have passed?

What if it is an interdimensonal visitor / alien?   Maybe a form of mass hallucincination triggered by some as yet unknown energy source?   What about residual energy left behind by the living?   And we also have to consider demonic / angelic sources.   Any of these, or something we as yet haven't even identified could account for what we call a "ghost".  And none require any association with death / afterlife.   So maybe the questions posed by the OP may not be relevant at all to a spirit's ability to know.  (With the possible exception to demonic / angelic sources which may have such a connection to heaven / hell)

#5 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

This wiki subject is an interesting place to start:

https://en.wikipedia...chical_Research

Researchers in the paranormal usually consider themselves proper scientists, however those who reject the paranormal often do not. It goes back and forth, with no end in sight.

Connection has been proven to many people over the centuries, but not to all people. What is reality is relative anyway. Universal truths, in my opinion, are just beliefs.

Carlotta

Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#6 Pleroma

Pleroma

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

I thought this was such a great question that it's the reason I finally signed up to be able to post.  I'm on the fence as to whether spirit communication is actually spirit communication, psychic communication, or some other, more mundane phenomenon.  Although I do think it is a real phenomenon of some kind. 

The only reasons I can think of why these questions have not been asked is that the communication tends to be tenuous, passive, and loaded with assumptions.  First of all, I think most mediums are involved in a culture where they already assume a spirit world exists, and where heaven or God are less relevant concepts, so they never bother to ask those questions.  Secondly, they often seem to have limited control over the information that gets passed through. The answers to such important questions are likely to be complex and require long, philosophical explanations, whereas the answers that get through in the form of spirit communication are often terse, unreliable and vague.  Think of it like two people who speak two different languages.  They may be able to communicate on a superficial level through universal symbols, emotions and gestures, but they could never have a long, important, abstract discussion with these limited tools.

Having said all that, the closest thing I've seen to getting some actual answers to important questions is contained in the the Scole experiments (see video below).  Seems to me if more people took these things seriously, one day we may be able to ask those questions.  Either that, or it's all a dead end (pun intended). 

https://www.youtube....h?v=kZopmcREtxQ

#7 Smurfer

Smurfer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

When watching the abundance of tv or youtube video regarding ghost communication, why arent the following questions ever asked?

1. is there a heaven and why are you not there

2. is there a god

3. does time go by quick or slow - if you have been dead for 100 years does it move like one day in their world

1. Some spirits do know whether they are in the state or condition of hell or heaven. Human souls without God in the afterlife lose their memories of their lifetimes, so they wouldn't know why they are not in heaven. They are lying, deceiving spirits, likened the devils. The truth is not in them.

2. I have seen Jesus in spirit when I was a nine year old boy. I've heard the voice of my Father God. I've seen an angel and heard His beautiful voice. I've seen and talked to demons and the dead.

3. They say that a thousand years is like one day to God. Human spirits experience existence on a daily basis, just like us.

It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Henry David Thoreau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users