Gettysburg, PA

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 x3pinkTati

x3pinkTati

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:30 AM

i went to gettysburg, pa today (well yesterday since its 1am) and it was great. everywhere you turn there are ghost walks and ghost tours and ghost hunts that start at night. i went on a tour and they give you this EMF Detector and you can take pictures and they tell you history and facts and encounters they experience it was just great. i took pics and i will post them soon but i wanted to say something about it because if anyones close to PA i would suggest going to gettysburg and touring around its great! :)
R.I.P.Max 11/16/94 - 9/2/05 + Misty 4/26/94 - 3/26/01Posted ImagePosted Imagemy best friends :)

When I'm gone, release me, let me go . . .You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears.You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness . . .Grieve for me a while, if grieve you mustThen let your grief be comforted by trust . . .And then when you must come this way alone,I'll greet you with a lick and bark,"Welcome Home".

#2 newhunter

newhunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, evp, paranormal, mothman investigations etc.<br /><br />www.myspace.com/danielchan

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:45 AM

Yes, isn't it great!? I love going to gettysburg. It's so beautiful yet sad( I also love studying the battle at gettysburg). I take the ghost tour at the jennie wade house on batimore st. , i think/ I'm not sure but did you experience any ghosts?

D.
I'll see you in time

#3 Lunar Park

Lunar Park

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, Gettysburg really loves it's ghost lore. I have visited twice and it is just a beautiful memorial.

I especially love Devils Den. They say that a confederate soldier haunts there as well in the triangle field behind Devils Den there is activity. Cameras jam up when you try to take a picture of the field. I actually had that happen to me and after having the camera checked, no reason was ever found as to why it would not allow me to take pictures there but when you turn and face the other way, the camera works perfectly. Turn back to the field, it goes bonkers again.

#4 x3pinkTati

x3pinkTati

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:46 AM

haha thats so awesome, yea i heard about the cameras not working and i heard about the haunting in devils den about this soldier ghost who gave two of the reinactors like these real gun bullets or something cool story. i didnt experience anything but i only stayed for like 5 hours. i would really love to go for like 2-3 days and visit more of the stuff they have there. i took pictures and ill post them as soon as i develope them because it was just so awesome! :wow:
R.I.P.Max 11/16/94 - 9/2/05 + Misty 4/26/94 - 3/26/01Posted ImagePosted Imagemy best friends :)

When I'm gone, release me, let me go . . .You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears.You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness . . .Grieve for me a while, if grieve you mustThen let your grief be comforted by trust . . .And then when you must come this way alone,I'll greet you with a lick and bark,"Welcome Home".

#5 newhunter

newhunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, evp, paranormal, mothman investigations etc.<br /><br />www.myspace.com/danielchan

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:37 AM

Devils den is also my favorite spot- I don't know about you guys but I actually crawl through the cracks and get inside the cracks of the huge rocks . Its a lot colder and there is a spot where you can sort of feel something. Thats my favorite spot, I'll post a photo of that area when my scanner works!!
I'll see you in time

#6 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:06 AM

Gettysburg is a favorite of many Villagers here. I was there last October, with my wife, and I tell ya, I can't wait to go back. We spent 3 days there, and I still didn't get do go everywhere I wanted to. We'll be heading back there next year. We'd go this years except we have a baby about to pop out.

See you all there :kitty:
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#7 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

I live in PA (on the western side) and I've never been to Gettysburg. I've always wanted to stay at Cashtown Inn to see if I could experience anything. Anyone ever stay there? :Spaz:
Posted Image

#8 Ghostmom

Ghostmom

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

Im going to Gettysburg next week.we are staying at cashtown 2 nites and Farnsworth 2 nites.Its my first time staying at these places.I cant wait. :devil:
Believe in the unknown.Its out there.

#9 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

Ohhhh, you'll have to post what happens! I hear Cashtown is really haunted. Have a good trip!! :devil:
Posted Image

#10 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:58 PM

Ghostmom, you'll love it! I've been there several times myself, it's the one place I never get enough of visiting and ofcourse ghosthunting :weeee:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#11 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:39 AM

Gettysburg is awesome. Dave and I have been there to investigate 4 times! We can never get enough of that place! We have pictures posted in spiritography, you just have to look for them! Cashtown inn....we ate dinner there and we know the owners really well...tell Dennis and Eileen "Hello!"....I hope they still own it they were going to put it up for sale and keep their Lightner Farmhouse B&B....beautiful place if you are looking for something romantic!!! Farnsworth Inn is cool, but get up and get a shower extra early...their hot water goes quick...we picked up activity there too! Every place there is a hot spot, but we were drawn to Sachs Bridge, Triangular fields, and the Wheatfield. Have a wonderful trip and I look forward to hearing about your encounters....I'm sure that you will pick up something!!!!! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#12 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, it seems that every inch of Gettysburg is haunted. And I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but let's not forget about the Historical significance of this place.

This was the sight of the Bloodiest, most decisive battle of the Civil War. If the Union Lost at Gettysburg, they would have lost the War. This was the victory they needed, and the South never fully recovered from the loss.

I just don't want people to forget about that. I know when I was there, ghosts aside, I felt like I was on hallowed ground. I was overwhelmed at times, and almost moved to tears. Over 51,000 (some say 53,000) casualties in 3 days. And think of the number of troups that met on that ground. 70,000 Confederate, 90,000 Union. All these men laying everything on the line for what they believe.

Please do not forget that when you are there. And please, always show this ground the respect it deserves.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 13 September 2005 - 09:41 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:50 AM

My dad is a Civil War buff (and I tease him about it, since we're Canadian...). Anyway, when I was 16, we drove to Florida and back, and on the return trip we stopped in Gettysburg.

No one take offence to this....lol...I was 16. Had been trapped in a car with my family for MILES. 16 year olds don't much like hanging with mom & dad anyway....lol. We get to the battlefield, my dad is bouncing. I had no idea at the time of the haunted reputation of field and town.

So picture an irritated Goth 16 year old, sitting on a rock grumbling about having to wander around a big field with geeky parents and loser little brother.

Now I'm 32, and wishing I'd paid more attention. Ah well, I'll probably find myself there again someday, now that I have a much better grasp of history and haunting....and hanging with my folks is no longer a major irritation....lol.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 EPE123

EPE123

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:52 PM

Yes, Gettysburg was definately a great trip. I recommend to all to make at least one trip.

#15 FairyGoddess

FairyGoddess

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Always looking for places to explore. also a photographer ( well almost done with schooling)Love Haunted places but don't realllly care for horror movies.

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have been to Gettysbutg many times having lived only 20 min. away. Been there Done that and will do again. I've had an encounter there, seems to be the same spirit. Doesn't like to have anyone near me, will push them away. Friends of mine have stayed at the farnsworth house and they said it was really cool. Friends cigs. kept moving so did his coat. I live in Va now and have just started to search here. Found some cool places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users