Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Speaking affects communications

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Speaking affects communications

Have you ever felt that discussing of experiences affects communications with spirits?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hi dear,

Have you ever felt that
1) speaking, telling to somebody
2) shooting pictures, videos, etc
are affecting communications with spirits?

We're in a world, our very own... )))
In ghost we trust!

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I voted "Yes" in this poll, based largely on a personal experience that happened while on an investigation at a private residence. As I was conducting the formal client interview, he started talking about someone very close to him that he lost recently...and who he thought may be behind most, if not all, the paranormal activity at his home. When he mentioned this person, the overhead lamp flickered off. He mentioned this person again, by name, and the same thing happened. After a third time, we started thinking it MIGHT be more than coincidence, lol.

Because of this, and other personal experiences, I always encourage people to run a voice recorder throughout the ENTIRE investigation. Running it during the interview doesn't just give you a back-up for your notes, but it seems like entities like to chime in and voice their own opinion on matters being discussed. We've found this happens outside of the interview as well, especially when we're just chatting amongst ourselves and pondering out loud what life must have been like for the suspected entity. We've gotten our best EVPs during these chatting times, as opposed to question/answer or passive EVP sessions.

At the same time, this is an area where one must tread lightly. Its easy when telling ghost stories and talking about personal experiences to get yourself into a spooky mindset. Personal experiences encountered during an investigation shouldn't be discussed with other members right away so as to not influence them and have them "feed off" your experience. Also, when you get into the "spirit" of telling stories, its easy to let your mind think everyday things are paranormal, when your normal, more rational brain, would have dismissed them under different circumstances.

As for photos and videos, I do think they can "scare" an entity away...given that what you're investigating is perceived as an intelligent, cognizant being. People you don't know, barging into your space and bringing unfamiliar devices that annoying flash at you would be enough to send ME into hiding...and is why I've always said that the best ghost photos never come from run of the mill paranormal investigations. Rather, the best ghost photos have always come by accident, especially at gatherings of family and friends, lol.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I vote yes too.
Posted Image

#4 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I have always found that if I am talking about spirit they seem to come round to hear what I'm saying. It's like they slowly begin to move in around me and who I'm speaking with.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users