Haunted Mall

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Megan140

Megan140

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, biking, nature walks, vampires, manga and anime (certain types), internet, and I dunno I'll add more when they come to me

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:28 AM

Geez, you'd think they'd let me eh? I mean nothing brings in people like a haunted mall! I wonder if I could use that as a way to persuade the owners to let me...
New story!
So in the store I work at, there are "promo items". Basically, if you spend over a certain amount of money, we give you a free gift. One of our free gift is a pass for one the attractions at the mall. Everyone keeps the stupid things in the same shelf and in pretty much the same spot on the shelf. Just the other day a whole package of them had gone missing (the tickets aren't worth stealing because they aren't for one of the main attractions). The shelf they are placed on was turned inside out by more than one employee on more than one day. The stupid tickets were gone.
A few days later the shelf was turned inside out again looking for a different item. Hidden underneath the first aid kit (under there had been looked at as well) were the tickets. No one knows how they got there but this isn't the first time those BAD_WORD little tickets disappear only to show up a few days later.
"I'm a mercenary doom bringer! What planet am I on?!"-Transformers 2

#17 all_outta_angst

all_outta_angst

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Punk, ghosts, and music in a nut shell

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

I wonder if you could substantiate your claims by maybe asking if any other employees have had the same experiences, or if your boss or supervisor knows anyone that has experienced the same things from past employees.

If there is ever a chance to investigate this place you can send an e-mail to

www.eidolonproject.org or contact me. I'm affiliated with this group which has been around longer than most paranormal groups here in edmonton. Plus if you have any other places you would like investigated as well.

Keep us all updated on what will happen next.

#18 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

You Canadians with your fancy haunted malls...I don't even have a non haunted mall near my home town. =P

#19 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

Geez, you'd think they'd let me eh? I mean nothing brings in people like a haunted mall! I wonder if I could use that as a way to persuade the owners to let me...
New story!
So in the store I work at, there are "promo items". Basically, if you spend over a certain amount of money, we give you a free gift. One of our free gift is a pass for one the attractions at the mall. Everyone keeps the stupid things in the same shelf and in pretty much the same spot on the shelf. Just the other day a whole package of them had gone missing (the tickets aren't worth stealing because they aren't for one of the main attractions). The shelf they are placed on was turned inside out by more than one employee on more than one day. The stupid tickets were gone.
A few days later the shelf was turned inside out again looking for a different item. Hidden underneath the first aid kit (under there had been looked at as well) were the tickets. No one knows how they got there but this isn't the first time those BAD_WORD little tickets disappear only to show up a few days later.

You guys should set up a video camera just to film if anything happens.

Whatever

#20 Megan140

Megan140

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, biking, nature walks, vampires, manga and anime (certain types), internet, and I dunno I'll add more when they come to me

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Wish I could. I'm in deep BAD_WORD if I'm caught. The mall could make so much money giving haunted tours!

#21 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I wonder if all Malls might be Haunted...I mean especially if teenagers died near there...as much time as they seem to spend at the Mall in El Paso you would think their spirits were already bound to it lol. Seriously though great stories, it's been real interesting reading them.

#22 Megan140

Megan140

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:40 AM

I wonder if all Malls might be Haunted...I mean especially if teenagers died near there...as much time as they seem to spend at the Mall in El Paso you would think their spirits were already bound to it lol. Seriously though great stories, it's been real interesting reading them.

I'm glad they're so well liked! It would be possible for all malls to be haunted and people just not realize it because it is a mall. I think the ghosts in the mall also like to BAD_WORD with the computers.

One computer in one store can be under $5 and the other on the other side of the mall can be over $5 for no explicable reason the same day.

I don't think it's a ghost but it is weird (and annoying! You try explaining why you have a variance of $5 when you have no idea how it happened!)

#23 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Megan is the mall always crowded or is it slow during the weekdays? Just asking.

Whatever

#24 Megan140

Megan140

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

Megan is the mall always crowded or is it slow during the weekdays? Just asking.

Right now it slows down a bit on the weekdays until school and work lets out. Then it starts to pick up a little.
Never come to the mall on a Saturday. It is packed and insane! If you have to come on the weekend, come on Sunday

#25 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

One computer in one store can be under $5 and the other on the other side of the mall can be over $5 for no explicable reason the same day.

I don't think it's a ghost but it is weird (and annoying! You try explaining why you have a variance of $5 when you have no idea how it happened!)

That's so friggin' weird and yeah it might be a coincidence but you never know eh?

Whatever

#26 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Some one asked if all malls are haunted. Probably not. Del Amo Mall in Torrance, CA held the title of world's largest mall for several years in the 1980's. Its big and all shopping and eating. I used to work in that mall and never heard of any strange things there. Haven't heard anything lately either or anything about other local malls.

Love the Edmonton stories though!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#27 Megan140

Megan140

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:31 AM

That's so friggin' weird and yeah it might be a coincidence but you never know eh?

It happens all the time too. Not always with another till having the missing money, but when there are variances, it can get pretty big. I remember once having a variance of over $60! No idea what happened to it. There's a security camera behind the counter so any thief trying to steal money from the till would get caught (plus who steals $60 when there's over a hundred in cash?) and I carefully count back change. That happened over a year ago and there's still no explanation for it. Other workers have had it happen too. Large sums of money disappear and the clerks don't steal from the tills (that stupid camera watches us too). It's a recession and anyone that has a job does what they can to keep it!

#28 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

Huh. Another place you'd think would be haunted are schools... (Swear the one I work at is... Though, my coworkers and I usually joke about it, especially the way the alarm system screws up on us. But then, it's a 30+ year old building, and god only knows how old the alarm system is. Slightly funny side story on the alarm system... Back when Will (our current supervisor since Marie (our old Supervisor) had to leave due to a medical condition) was still with Judy and I, any time the alarm was screwing around with us, he'd go back inside to check on it, it'd reset usually before he was even halfway to whatever area was affected.)

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#29 Megan140

Megan140

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:31 AM

To all ghost lovers, I have news! A friend of mine who is also a shift leader has plenty of haunted stories to tell about the mall so I'm going to bother her for them! They're about our most haunted area (unfortunately it isn't open to the public).

So the story I got out of her involves out warehouse (our area where we keep our extra inventory). That place is really haunted. I believe at one point it was a restaurant but it's also underground so I'm not sure. The story she told me was when she and our inventory manager person were down there pricing items to be sent up to the store, the manager went into the back to go get something and my friend was left at the front. From her peripheral she saw footsteps coming towards her from her front (or side I forget which). Assuming it was the manager, she looked up only to have the manager just that moment come from the backroom which was behind her.

#30 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

Gosh darn Megan, keep 'em coming! :) You should start a West Edmonton Mall is Haunted Facebook page. Oh but then you'd have all kinds of ghost hunting there everyday.

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users