• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

I came across the stories of haunted dolls. Have any of you heard about the stories??? :Spaz: Here goes.....
For reasons unknown, dolls seem to attract spirits. More troubling, dolls seem to become easily imbued with the spirit of the child to whom it most closely connected. And there is ample evidence to at least provoke suspicion that some dolls stay connected via this childhood link for years, even generations after their childhood playmate has grown to adulthood or succumbed to early death.

Other dolls are created for the enjoyment of the collector, and although they are never “played with” in the traditional sense they still can become objects of devotion and even obsession. Any avid doll collector will tell you that it can be hard to pass up the opportunity to purchase or obtain a beautiful, desirable doll. These dolls are no less loved and the emotional connection is no less intense; often these collectible dolls are the objects of the most terrifying haunted events.

Author Anne Rice is one collector of such magnificent dolls and they can be seen on display at her Doll Museum in New Orleans. Once the site of the St. Elizabeth’s Orphanage, the building now houses Rice’s vast collection and other artistic works. It is interesting to note, however, that Rice once stated that she moved her doll collection to the centralized museum location because it basically bothered her to have them around her house. Prior to the opening of the museum, when she and husband Stan Rice were making one last walk-through, Rice is quoted as having said she “wouldn’t like to be locked in here all night with all of them [the dolls].” Not only are most of the dolls allegedly haunted, they are now housed in a verifiably haunted location.

Haunted dolls are also extremely popular items at online auction sites such as eBay and bidZ, however, not every doll or toy featured on these sites can be verified as truly being haunted. Granted, some of the more beat up models featured are disturbing in their own right, whether or not they are actually haunted, but it should be obvious to the discerning reader that some dolls are so decidedly bogus you can practically smell it over your broadband connection!

This is not to suggest that the haunted authenticity of every doll or toy presented for sale is to be questioned. Many legitimate paranormal investigators and ghost hunters often place items up for sale that they are willing to part with for the sake of furthering research and study. Others, it is true, are quite obviously victims of hauntings who have unknowingly come by a doll or toy, often through inheritance or estate sale, that has proceeded to haunt and otherwise terrify its new owners. These people genuinely want to get rid of the item and will usually place only a small reserve on it, willing to part with it the moment the auction time is up.

But obviously there are many others who for one reason or another feel it necessary to either bilk individuals out of hard-earned cash or make fools out of paranormal enthusiasts. These are the folks with the long, meandering, “true life” stories of “real hauntings” by the doll and who have to get rid of the dreaded object “at any cost,” so long as it’s high.
They explained it better and I was too lazy to retype it...in my own words....Hope I didn't break a copyright or P. someone off if SO OOPS .... Just thought this was too good not to share!
Don't Judge what you don't understand.....Beth

#2 Indigo Chyld

Indigo Chyld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

It always made sense to me that dolls, antique ones especially, could be haunted or holding memories of a childs death as a lot of terminally ill children can not leave the bed, therefore they would have their favorites toys close by.

The other thought on that is, like a lot of objects not just dolls, if the doll was the dead person/childs favorite object and they were not ready to let it go, they would travel with it. Some people think their home is haunted or dismiss the idea that their house is haunted due to the age of the dwelling not realizing not only what could have happened in that spot previously, but the objects you bring into your home can carry memories or could come with extra guests.

As for dolls being creepy themselves, I used them when working at a haunted house. Dolls like clowns creep a lot of people out due to the fact they are human looking but their expressions never alter.

I use to collect strange and old dolls until one day one of my dolls, with the voice box removed and no batteries, started talking ( out of loop at that!) and then started smoking and set itself on fire. I quickly sold majority of my collection it became to creepy for me!
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.”Stephen R. Covey

#3 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

I use to collect strange and old dolls until one day one of my dolls, with the voice box removed and no batteries, started talking ( out of loop at that!) and then started smoking and set itself on fire. I quickly sold majority of my collection it became to creepy for me!

omG! That's the creeps right there! I see some antique dolls being sold in garage sales and Salvation Army stores but they look creepy, fragile, and for some reason, I feel they belong to a museum!

Whatever

#4 Indigo Chyld

Indigo Chyld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

omG! That's the creeps right there! I see some antique dolls being sold in garage sales and Salvation Army stores but they look creepy, fragile, and for some reason, I feel they belong to a museum!

I would buy them before that experience! I only now have a doll that was my great grandmothers because the rest got to creepy for me after all of that.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.”Stephen R. Covey

#5 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

*sneeks a peek at my dolls*

I have three dolls which my grandma baught for me when I was younger, they all live on the top of my waderobe, usually I get the creeps from dolls and clowns, but the dolls i have dont tend to bother me, I think its because Ive had them so long.

I love Robert though, hes the apitomy of haunted dolls, Id love to give him a cuddle

http://www.squidoo.com/dollrobert

Edited by leonie, 17 September 2008 - 04:27 PM.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

Leonie, you're right about Robert...the most haunted of all dolls! Very creepy and very scary...

Whatever

#7 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

I collect dolls. I have many ,but my Daddy bought my daughter a 4 foot tall china doll his last Christmas with us. It creeps my sister out. She asks every time she comes over why I have to keep her in the livingroom. She said there's something about her that isn't right. I don't feel in any way the doll is creepy. She's just a doll. I don't know why this 1 doll bothers her so bad...lol... :ghost: But I do believe a spirit can connect it's self to anything that was once a prized item to them. My Daddy opens and closes, starts and stops his clocks I think to get my Moms attention, but then again he built them and I believe no matter where they are he'd do it. Mine he gave me before his passing is always doing something. So the story of the dolls doesn't seem weird to me. Peeks my interest about who haunts them? what happened to the child? etc.

Edited by BethInSC, 17 September 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#8 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

Leonie, you're right about Robert...the most haunted of all dolls! Very creepy and very scary...

But essencially very cute lol :clap:

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

Haunted Dolls

This site has many "haunted" dolls. I've always found them fascinating too so thanks Beth for this thread...Robert happens to be my favourite also :clap:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#10 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

yeah Robert has that certain something that draws you to him. He even looks like in his picture like he could just get up and come to life doesn't he??? :clap:

#11 Indigo Chyld

Indigo Chyld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

Just looking at Robert creeps me out. I wonder why no one has tried to toss him into a fire? I know if my child kept insisting a doll or stuffed animal was tormenting them, believe them or not, for the childs sake I would try to destroy the toy and put their mind at ease. That doll however looks like he would jump out of the fire with a vengence!

#12 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

I agree....that reminds me. My aunt has a Chucky doll....The good guy....yeah right!!! My cousin is 26 and scared of it so he has to be kept in my aunts room.....Robert makes chucky look like a punk!!!!!! ;)

#13 Indigo Chyld

Indigo Chyld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:16 PM

I agree....that reminds me. My aunt has a Chucky doll....The good guy....yeah right!!! My cousin is 26 and scared of it so he has to be kept in my aunts room.....Robert makes chucky look like a punk!!!!!! ;)

I'd take Chucky any day over Robert! Actually my friend has a Donnie Osmond doll, Marie Osmond made it, its a baby Donnie. This doll looks like its going to bite your face off in your sleep. Regardless of the "sunshine" pop type image Donnie Osmond has, the doll fashioned after him is creepy!

#14 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:37 AM

Just looking at Robert creeps me out. I wonder why no one has tried to toss him into a fire?

Its comments like that that probably made him very very angry, they say that even if you comment about him online he can come and get you, so pay him some respect ;)

#15 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

in my old house we had a doll room that at night i would not step foot in not just because it was dolls but there was a feelin from that room like if i was thirsty and had to walk past at night i would turn back and go to bed again and especially because the houses was believed to be haunted

there was this especially wierd feelin from this lady doll :whee:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)