• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 S.p.o.o.c.s.09

S.p.o.o.c.s.09

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

I'd like to hear your opinions on what places would land in your Top 3 of "Haunted Places" in CT. As far as my experiences go, Norwich State Hospital is still the place that spooked me the most. Since I haven't had many experiences personally, I'd like to hear what places were best for you, and what places you would go in CT if you had the chance.

Edited by S.p.o.o.c.s.09, 14 April 2009 - 05:42 PM.

S.P.O.O.C.S.

#2 crabpainter

crabpainter

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

I'd like to hear your opinions on what places would land in your Top 3 of "Haunted Places" in CT. As far as my experiences go, Norwich State Hospital is still the place that spooked me the most. Since I haven't had many experiences personally, I'd like to hear what places were best for you, and what places you would go in CT if you had the chance.

This site caught my eye some time ago and this thread made me register. Great question!
My favorites are Dudleytown and what we used to call the Civil War jail house in the woods located on the Burlinton/Bristol line. Is that Stonington? Anyway...
We just visited that place last week and hit Green Lady Cemetery as well. Kids loved it and I hoped to keep the old magic alive in their imaginations.

Places I'd like to visit... I heard a story about the house off Todd Hollow Rd. in Plymouth CT. where twins are buried in the basement. Old house.
Heard the story many years ago from my science teacher who was moonlighting as a Realtor for the house. She was telling my parents about why it was so cheap. The people who were trying to sell it had told her fantastic stories that made her hair stand on end. She admitted it would be tough to sell because of the twins in the cellar and also because she refused to show it to buyers. I've wanted to see the inside of that house since hearing about it. I've passed it several times since. Always weary of the attic window.

Thanx again!

#3 Ohms

Ohms

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

The most haunted land I've been is in brucker pentway, pawcatuck ct.

At the end of the road there is a dirt walking path and about 500 yrds on left there is an old cemetery.

Iíve been there twice with a group of other people skeptic and no skeptic people. We heard many unusual noises from growling to saying hello. We had stones and sticks thrown at us. Other people taped good EVPs and photos. I do not have any of the EVPs or Photos anymore. I have to say this has been the most haunted area Iíve been myself. (The skeptic become Non Skeptic)

The place is at the end of the road of Brucker Pentway and the road is also Stewert Road in Pawcatuck CT.

There were no signs saying no trespassing or any other signs.

Here is a link to map.

http://maps.live.com...&...8&encType=1

#4 bshaw

bshaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

This site caught my eye some time ago and this thread made me register. Great question!
My favorites are Dudleytown and what we used to call the Civil War jail house in the woods located on the Burlinton/Bristol line. Is that Stonington? Anyway...
We just visited that place last week and hit Green Lady Cemetery as well. Kids loved it and I hoped to keep the old magic alive in their imaginations.

Places I'd like to visit... I heard a story about the house off Todd Hollow Rd. in Plymouth CT. where twins are buried in the basement. Old house.
Heard the story many years ago from my science teacher who was moonlighting as a Realtor for the house. She was telling my parents about why it was so cheap. The people who were trying to sell it had told her fantastic stories that made her hair stand on end. She admitted it would be tough to sell because of the twins in the cellar and also because she refused to show it to buyers. I've wanted to see the inside of that house since hearing about it. I've passed it several times since. Always weary of the attic window.

Thanx again!

#5 bshaw

bshaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

Dear Crabpainter,

New to the forum. Was curious about the post on the house on Todd Hollow Rd in Plymouth, CT. I lived on Todd Hollow for many years. I still live in Plymouth about 5 minutes away from Todd Hollow. Could you provide more information on which house it is so I can check it out. Never heard this before.

Thanks

Brenda

Thanx again!

#6 crabpainter

crabpainter

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

After looking it up, it's on Keegan RD.
Go to the sand pits end of Todd Hollow and you'll see Keegan to the right.
Scott RD. is on the left just before.
Turn right onto Keegan and it's the first house on the left. You'll be looking up at it.
Large two possibly three story old house which may now be sided.

Attic window.

#7 Persank

Persank

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Nature, researching, and ghosts. :D

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

Well I think the three creepiest haunted locations in CT are Dudleytown, Union Cemetery in Easton, and Norwich State Hospital. And those are in no particular order. But I will be honest, I haven't gone to Dudleytown or the hospital personally. I do live right down the street from Norwich State Hospital though, but I haven't gone into either because I haven't had the proper permission too. But Union Cemetery was a very different and scary experience for me. If you can get permission to go to Union Cemetery and set up a little investigation I would go for it.

#8 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

I live in Montville right near Norwich State Hospital but given I am awaiting admission to the CT bar association, I will not be going into such a patrolled place anytime soon.
My favorite spots are the cemetery in Barn Island which was pointed out in an earlier post, Camp Connecticut, and a monastary in Mystic. I've been to Dudleytown but did not get anything worth writing home about.
That Pawcatuck cemetery is awesome, got one of the best shadow guy pictures I have ever seen let alone taken. Also got my clearest ever evp of someone saying "I Love You" in a woman's voice. Here's a tip, bringing presents, especially whiskey, helps.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#9 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Thanx again!

I've never heard of the house in Plymouth where twins were buried in the basement - it sounds intriguing, thanks for the info!

#10 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Can you also please give a date for the Keegan Road Plymouth, CT incident? It sounds like it happened back in the 1970's.

#11 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Just came back to this forum after a long time and looked at the map Ohms links to. Just realized we were both talking about the same cemetery in Pawcatuck.

Edited by Abominable Dr. Civis!, 14 June 2012 - 11:44 AM.

"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#12 jodilynnfive

jodilynnfive

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Reading all of these posts makes me want to visit CT, maybe I could look one of you up to use as a tour guide....I have never left the comfrots of little Washington PA....though I'm sure this little town has secrets of its own
Jodi

#13 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Ct is a wonderful state to live in for paranormal. I was born and raised there just up to a few months ago. I use to go to Gunntown Cemetery in Naugatuck CT a lot. this is where I got a lot of photos including the one in Jeff's book. However before I left I drove by for old times and they now built houses right behind it (big mistake) but Im sure if someone is looking for a place to go that is small and full of activity you can try going there .
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users