Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

are these dowsing rods, and how do they work?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fifiowned

fifiowned

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Teacher; I always joke around that entities love me...not the other way around! Discovered certain "gifts" while at a dinner party 6 years ago with friends. Can make metal rods spin like crazy, board going out of control....Made jokes that night, but since then too many encounters to ignore. Some with witnesses. But I treat the whole thing casually. Great believer in entities, energy fields and the control they have over people.Maybe found a place to share with people not threaten by all of this???

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

At a party, a friend told me to hold to long pieces of metal, L shaped, encased in a tube of metal )where you put your hands on). When I held them, they started spinning very fast. She held my hands to make sure I was not moving, but they kept going. How do they work? She gave them to me, saying that they were bad now...what does that mean? They are at the bottom of my closet...but I am intrigued. I did not ask her to clarify her remark...I was a little offended.

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Sounds to me like dowsing rods. You hold the bent ends allowing them to rotate freely as you did before. It is believed they detect slight shifts caused by reactions to the way you hold them. I have actually used rods and have had some success at locating buried objects. I don't really consider them paranormal and I don't believe they detect spirits.

Regarding them being "bad", that sounds fishy to me. While not everyone has immediate success using them, they are simply indicators. Unless you mutilated them in some way simply holding them and getting an erroneous spin is not going to harm them in any way.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#3 fifiowned

fifiowned

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Teacher; I always joke around that entities love me...not the other way around! Discovered certain "gifts" while at a dinner party 6 years ago with friends. Can make metal rods spin like crazy, board going out of control....Made jokes that night, but since then too many encounters to ignore. Some with witnesses. But I treat the whole thing casually. Great believer in entities, energy fields and the control they have over people.Maybe found a place to share with people not threaten by all of this???

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

Well, thanks again!I seemed to be bumping into you a lot! If I may ask, how did you use them to locate buried objects? Did they spin, or cross? There was a pamphlet that this person gave me; you are supposed to ask permission to a spirit to ask questions; if they cross, it is a no, if they diverge, a yes? Have you heard of that before? I do not dare try it myself...I feel selfconscious just asking the question...:)

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Well, thanks again!I seemed to be bumping into you a lot! If I may ask, how did you use them to locate buried objects? Did they spin, or cross? There was a pamphlet that this person gave me; you are supposed to ask permission to a spirit to ask questions; if they cross, it is a no, if they diverge, a yes? Have you heard of that before? I do not dare try it myself...I feel selfconscious just asking the question...:)

The communication aspect of it I don't have any belief in. Regarding how they work at finding buried objects I believe it is not the rods but the user who causes the effect. The rods are simply the indicator allowing you to see the results. As to whether they cross or spread depends on the direction of the field.

I believe the Earth's fields are the actual source. Many objects, even that which is buried in some way alters the direction or strength of the fields as they pass by. For instance water has a different density than say dirt. If we suppose the water is underground the field will be altered when it passes near the water table.

As the dowser walks above his body will respond to this slight change in the field. The response is very subtle; unless he is careful he will compensate for the change thereby nullifying any reaction. So a successful dowser has the ability to hold the rods and essentially become disconnected from them. By that I mean not consciously influence their movement at all. He clears his mind and simply balances the rods so they remain straight ahead yet almost to the point where they will swing.

As he walks through this field his body reacts to the field around him. The reaction may cause the dowser to slightly shift positions to compensate for the effects of the field changes. This will unbalance the rods causing the swing. It can be seen how critical the state of mind becomes though. Unless the dowser can free his body of any conscious response the field will not cause the reaction and dowsing will fail. This is the skill aspect of dowsing; most can learn it but absolute control over your body is required. Some adapt better than others; a few never develop the control needed.

This is also why I don't subscribe to the spirit communication aspect. There is no evidence spirits even alter the fields, and even if they did then it would be the presence, not any response by them which would be detected. Spirits are not believed to be physical bodies and as such likely would not have any effect on the Earth's fields. We would need to identify and prove a method of interaction before I could accept that dowsing and spirits are related.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

As a dowser myself, I usually say a little prayer beforehand, with a mental image of what I'm looking for. I'm not really sure if it's necessary, but prayers are never a bad thing.

The rods cross when the item is located.

I have only ever used wire hangers.

It is really cool when they just cross as you're walking. :)

I meant to add that I've never used them for spirit communication. :kitty:
petunia4998

#6 WeirdFresno

WeirdFresno

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:17 AM

Perhaps the person meant they are "bad" in the sense that they are now in tuned with your energy as opposed to the person who gave them to you? If they were truly bad in the malicious sense of the word then why would she give them to you?

I've seen them used in paranormal investigations where people ask yes and no questions and base their answers but I'm skeptical in regards to that. But I have seen them used successfully to find water and I'm in the same field as CaveRat and believe they only detect changes in the Earth's magnetic field.

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

fifiowned, thanks for bringing up this subject. Recently I've developed an interest in dowsing and kind of thought I could use wire hangers (think I threw them all away!). My reason for this interest is that I have a "feeling" that a stream of water runs under one corner of our house.
From what CaveRat has said, not complicated at all! That was my first thoughts before I started asking for advice. Thanks CaveRat, as soon as I locate those wire hangers I'll be out there in the front yard.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#8 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Great! I need to do this to find a fresh water spring up at a cottage we own in Canada! They covered the one we had when Georgia Pacific clear cut around the lake for lumber. It's time to find new water!
I am more than my physical body.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users