• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:31 AM

There is a new show coming out on the Syfy channel. It's called the Haunted Collector. It stars my good friend John Zaffis. I just wanted to pass the good word on. I'm happy he finally has his own show. He deserves it. For the man that has helped people with their haunted and possessed objects all his life, now he gets to tell the world.

Info...

Do you ever feel like the eyes of a portrait might be following you across the room? Or, did you notice that a pen has mysteriously shifted from the location you last placed it? Sure, it could be a coincidence...or it could be paranormal. Ghosts and spirits inhabit more than just homes and buildings - they can live in objects, too. This summer, John Zaffis and his family are on a mission to ease your suspicions.
The Zaffis family are renowned paranormal investigators, tracking down haunted items like paintings, guns, jewelry and dolls. Once identified, these obscure items are collected and stored in the family's museum, helping John's clients bring normalcy back to their lives.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#2 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

There is a new show coming out on the Syfy channel. It's called the Haunted Collector. It stars my good friend John Zaffis. I just wanted to pass the good word on. I'm happy he finally has his own show. He deserves it. For the man that has helped people with their haunted and possessed objects all his life, now he gets to tell the world.

Info...

Do you ever feel like the eyes of a portrait might be following you across the room? Or, did you notice that a pen has mysteriously shifted from the location you last placed it? Sure, it could be a coincidence...or it could be paranormal. Ghosts and spirits inhabit more than just homes and buildings - they can live in objects, too. This summer, John Zaffis and his family are on a mission to ease your suspicions.
The Zaffis family are renowned paranormal investigators, tracking down haunted items like paintings, guns, jewelry and dolls. Once identified, these obscure items are collected and stored in the family's museum, helping John's clients bring normalcy back to their lives.

WOW!!!Sounds just like a tv show called"FRIDAY the 13th", some years back except what was being "hunted down" were "cursed" items from a local pawn store that the owner made a deal with the Devil to help scatter the items about, to unsuspectting customers, who had to die to get rid of them, then the devil got their souls adn the items were returned to be sold again.Gotta give it to the SyFy guys, where GH leaves a hole, it will quickly be filled.

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

There is no need for sarcasm here. Please be respectful of others when replying.

DeadTrish, this looks like it could be an interesting program. Do you have details as to when it is going to be on? I haven't met Mr. Zaffis in person, but have had contact with him through Face Book, etc., and he seems very interesting. I, for one, am looking forward to this.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

Sounds like an interesting program, I will be looking for it. Ive always enjoyed shows that included some of his input in them, so this will be worth a watch I'm sure!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#5 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Just looked it up.....looks like it's June 1 http://blastr.com/20...-4-scripted.php

#6 John Glendenning

John Glendenning

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

should be very interesting, are there any pilots out for it yet? intros?

i'm definitely gonna dvr this one :wow:

thanks for the heads up!

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

John, it looks like it will premier on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 9:00 p.m. ET. Just in time for summer, when tv doesn't have much on.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

I agree John!!! Thank goodness for Tivo! :wow:

#9 John Glendenning

John Glendenning

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

John, it looks like it will premier on Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 9:00 p.m. ET. Just in time for summer, when tv doesn't have much on.

Excellent!...but unfortunately, I may have to start deleting some "Price is Right" episodes to make room....Malarky!!!! lol

thanks for the info, i cant wait to talk about the first episode, and im very curious as to whats in the family museum... what an estate sale that may be one day :wow:

#10 GHIceman

GHIceman

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:I run a moderately successful online magazine. Also into Film-making, Bigfoot and other cryptids, Charles Fort, cliff diving, paranormal adventuring, road trips, polaroid cameras, making killer lattes, urban exploring, rocking out with my pee-pee out.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

There was another show like this years back as well, it focused on a "curiosity shop", though the people that frequented the shop were far more interesting than the items sold. I can't, for the life of me, remember what the title was.

I can't really imagine this show lasting for very long. For one, not only does John have the fashion sense of a 1970's ski instructor, but the dude's personality is as wooden as his left leg. I'm anticipating a poorly scripted, over-dramatic series with a lot of unnecessary audio cues.

But hey, what do I know? Paranormal State lasted forever.

I do wish Zaffis would quit spamming everyone's blogs and youtube videos with advertisements for his show though.
"Who Forted?" Magazine!The 'Net's Greatest 'Zine About Weird Stuff!

Posted Image

#11 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

I just got all excited because I thought it was today that it was going to be on, looked & we still have another MONTH to wait....lol :)

#12 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

I just got all excited because I thought it was today that it was going to be on, looked & we still have another MONTH to wait....lol :blush:

Soon enough, soon enough. I just love that with all John's experience aside, he has always had a collection of haunted items. His own personal museum in his house. Just recently he had a barn built to house the museum. Now from a barn...a whole tv show. I just love it. I can't wait. I'm sure previews will start soon. I have the syfy app for my iphone and I usually get updates. If I see anything I will be back here and post it!
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#13 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Sounds like a wonderful show. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to see it. :wave:
petunia4998

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

Well, it looks like there are only five more days until June 1 and the premier of this program. I'm going to program the dvr to record it in case the Brewers are playing at the same time - hubby is a fan of them, not the paranormal. :clap:

#15 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for the reminder Dana! I am curious about this show and I tend to forget stuff easily.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users