• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

Mykiedave and I live in Texas now, but we just recently moved here from California, about 15 minutes outside Pasadena.

"Suicide Bridge" is actually an absolutely gorgeous bridge....Lamposts run its length and it's especially beautiful at night.

While I wouldn't generalize and say "the folks in Pasadena commit suicide", it would seem that there is higher than normal number of suicides from that bridge. Many have attributed it to the amount of college students in the area who are having trouble dealing with the pressure of their studies.

It does have the reputation of being haunted. While I have driven over the bridge many times, I have never visited the area below( the bridge does not run over water..it's actually more of an exit ramp bridge. The bridge itself is over a huge parking area for the business below.)

For those of you who don't know us, Mykiedave is an empath and I am a visualist. Neither of us have picked anything up from the bridge itself. We have never felt that any imprints have been left behind, and I have never seen a spirit in the location.

Colorado Bridge is over water....not a huge body, but it's the Arroyo Seco. There is no Business below. I am wondering if you might be thinking of another bridge.

PASADENA NATIVE

I stand corrected, there are no ghosts on suicide bridge. And yes, Suicide bridge is on Colorado Boulevard west of Old Towne Pasadena

So, if you weren't thinking of the Suicide Bridge on Colorado, which bridge were you thinking of?

Same bridge. Suicide Bridge has no ghosts, there was one but the poor guy was lost

#17 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

So there's still hauntings there then?

#18 Japanese_American

Japanese_American

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

So there's still hauntings there then?

usually in ones home

#19 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

I thought I should mykiedave has passed away since this thread was started and I haven't seen Holly on here for a long time maybe because it reminds her of Dave. Sorry to tell you!

V

Edited by v-huntley, 27 November 2008 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Kathy M.

Kathy M.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

Concerning the Colorado Street bridge in Pasadena and the question on whether it is haunted or not? I will give you my experience. On Thursday, October 21, 2008 after taking my brother for a doctor's appointment, I was returning home from Glendale going east towards Pasadena. It was about 12:30 in the afternoon, and a warm day. I saw a man all dressed in black wearing an overcoat around 250 lbs. and I judged him to be about 65 due to his built. I thought he was overdressed for it was over 90 degrees outside. He had a bounce to his step as he was in a hurry. He skipped down the bridge stairs. All the while he was looking for something like change or perhaps a key. I saw his hands first as he manipulated the pile of stuff cupped in his left palm. He was searching with agility. I then happened to look up to see his face, there was none, no eyes, no nose, no mouth, just an ashen gray haze where the head and the features would have been. I thought he had a beard but then I can't be certain for that too was part of the haziness which extended down his chest. It all happened so quickly and I was wondering if I was suffering from some sort of vision problem. But how was it that I could see his hands so clearly and not his face? I wanted to turn back and look again for I couldn't believe my eyes, but once riding on the bridge it is a one way street and it is impossible to turn back. It has really bothered me and thought I would share the experience. I do believe this bridge is haunted, and would like to know if anyone else has seen this man all dressed in black?

#21 ParaRob

ParaRob

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Holly, If you guys can read/see/hear spirits then you plenty well know that the bridge is haunted by many spirits. I was just there last week and witnessed 4 jumping from the top of the bridge. If you have even seen the bridge you would know that it does infact have water running under it year round. My friend and I were standing on a bench looking down at the (now abandoned yet again) Army recruit depot below. The depot used to be the city asylum. Where my friend was standing he got the sudden urge to jump. I was standing three feet to his left. I didn't have the urge at all. That is until I stepped into the same spot he was and my head got really heavy and I got really depressed and had the urge to jump as well. We then went under the bridge to see what was going on under neath. We heard screams from the asylum and lights (the power was shut off after a recruit died in the building under very mysterious circumstances. They found him slumped over his desk with his skull apparently ''caved'' in but yet the skin wasn't bruised or broken) flickering on and off. The bridge has over 800 DOCUMENTED suicides. The bridge was built in 1913 and they started documenting in the mid 60's... No one knows how many took place since they started documenting them. The bridge is very well haunted. I am a medium as well and there were so many I couldn't pick just one person out. I live in Pasadena and frequent this bridge 3-4 times a week. There is also the story about the bright white horse drawn carriage that goes by you as you drive by and when you look in your mirrors its just a white fog. My sister and I were on the bridge one time taking pics with her new Sony DSLR camera and we heard footsteps. It was 3 am. There was no one else out there but the two of us. There are several hot and cold spots both under and on top of the bridge. They can't be natural because they go from ambient (80) to roughly 30 degrees then up to 100+ in some spots. My verdict is the bridge is definitely and very haunted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users