Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Could This Account for some Paranormal Claims?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

"It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible."

Read Entire article here.

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

~I'm not sure if this has a hand in the Paranormal or not, but it's definately an interesting article none the less. I hope they figure out what makes the particles twist the way they do, and what is the reasoning behind "every 8 minutes". Why every *8* minutes?? Is there a significance for this? What were their testing techniques? I'm not much into the "big scientific words", but I get the jist of it and boy do I have questions. I really enjoyed this article, CaveRat. Thank you and I'm very interested as to what others have to say.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

I can't help it. The crazy mind took over and all I could think was "is this a feeding tube"?
I love reading things like this, and Fred Alan Wolf, but just makes me crazier!:-)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:24 AM

I've read somewhere before that it takes 8 mins. for sunlight to reach Earth, LauriAnn, that might be have something to do with the portals opening up every 8 mins, maybe?
I wished that the scientists in the article could've told us what benefits we're getting from the FTE's.

Whatever

#5 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

...and what is the reasoning behind "every 8 minutes". Why every *8* minutes?? Is there a significance for this?

Light, from the sun, takes about 8 minutes to reach the earth. One of those trivial pieces of information I learned in Elementary school, that suddenly bubbled to the surface! :P

I think that the use of the term "every 8 minutes" is just a rounded figure.

To verify that information, I looked up "light from the sun", and found the following quote on some physics site:

"The distance from the Earth to the Sun varies because the Earth's orbit about the Sun is elliptical.At it's closest, the distance is 91,402,000 miles and it's farthest distance it is 94,512,000 miles.This gives an average distance of 92,957,000 miles. Light travels at 186,282 miles per second. Dividing the average distance by the speed of light gives 499.01225 seconds which is 8.3168708 minutes."
Beannacht ort

#6 tommyhancock

tommyhancock

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

i cant say paranormal.what i think this gives paranormal claims is a leg to stand on.science is for the most part against paranormal claims,so proof that something science was opposed to being proven to be fact in my opinion is just hope that they could be wrong in leaning toward the paranormal not existing

#7 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:41 AM

Gravitational pull from the sun, also takes approximately 8 minutes, gravitational influence travels at the speed of light.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users