Favourite Paranormal Movie

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 Buddharat

Buddharat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Music (listening and attempting to make)<br />Films (watching and attempting to make)<br />Books (reading and attempting to write)<br />All Things Paranormal<br />

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:32 AM

If you're talking about b-grade horror movies, you can't forget "Critters".
"There's UFOs over New York and I ain't too suprised. Nobody told me there'd be days like these." ~John Lennon

#17 anthonycashmere

anthonycashmere

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:55 AM

Hi everyone,

My favorite paranormal movie of all time that I have incorporated into my life is the all time cult classic "THE SCREAMING SKULL"!!!

Anthony Cashmere

#18 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

Hey, Anthony Cashmere! Long time no see. :)

Let's see, paranormal (not horror) movies? I like "The Uninvited" (1944) and "Rebecca" (1940). Although, "Rebecca" wouldn't probably be popularly classified as "paranormal," I found enough elements of it in the film to consider it such, myself.

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 24 August 2007 - 02:17 AM.

#19 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

Field of Dreams
Posted Image

#20 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

Hmmm.... I have to think.... I watch sooo much TV and movies that eventually all the names become jumbled into one...

"Audrey Rose" (makes me cry)
"The Changeling"
"Donnie Darko" (Jake's not half bad...)
"The Ring"
"The Sixth Sense"
"Psycho" (the original)
"The Bad Seed" (original)
"Danika" (okay not *really* paranormal, but you don't know that until the end...)
Erm... Another one that isn't paranormal but I can't think of the name... It's older and it has Jodie Foster and she is this child murderer... There is also a child molester, and some old lady landlord and her boyfriend thinks he can do magic. Anyways Jodie is living alone in a small town and both her parents are dead, and she's trying to keep it from the neighbors... Going as far as murder when someone inquires about her father... Know what I'm talking about? I can't think of the name, but I like that move...
Love life.

#21 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:27 AM

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947)

The Red Violin

Edited by JimDe, 25 August 2007 - 02:32 AM.

Posted Image

#22 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

Between Two Worlds
Posted Image

#23 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Hmmm.... I have to think.... I watch sooo much TV and movies that eventually all the names become jumbled into one...

"Audrey Rose" (makes me cry)
"The Changeling"
"Donnie Darko" (Jake's not half bad...)
"The Ring"
"The Sixth Sense"
"Psycho" (the original)
"The Bad Seed" (original)
"Danika" (okay not *really* paranormal, but you don't know that until the end...)
Erm... Another one that isn't paranormal but I can't think of the name... It's older and it has Jodie Foster and she is this child murderer... There is also a child molester, and some old lady landlord and her boyfriend thinks he can do magic. Anyways Jodie is living alone in a small town and both her parents are dead, and she's trying to keep it from the neighbors... Going as far as murder when someone inquires about her father... Know what I'm talking about? I can't think of the name, but I like that move...

Would that movie happen to be "The Little Girl That Lives Down the Lane"??? I think that is the name of it.....
It's just Becca Posted Image

#24 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

mine would have to be,

the shining...(THE ORIGINAL!) and the exorcist, by far.

-roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#25 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

Hey, Anthony Cashmere! Long time no see. :whoohoo:

Let's see, paranormal (not horror) movies? I like "The Uninvited" (1944) and "Rebecca" (1940). Although, "Rebecca" wouldn't probably be popularly classified as "paranormal," I found enough elements of it in the film to consider it such, myself.

"The Uninvited" and 'Rebecca" are my favorite classic thrillers too. I just saw for the first time last year "The Spiral Staircase" and loved it, so that is added to my list. Something about those old black and white movies set in a really old mansion.

"Halloween I" is probably my favorite because it scares the bejesus out of me every time I watch it. "The Exorcist" is a close second. Some other favorites are "What Lies Beneath", "The Sixth Sense",
"It", "Salem's Lot", "Pet Semetery" and "Psycho".
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#26 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

"What lies Beneath" and "Astronaut's Wife" are two that I never want to see again! I forgot about What lies Beneath until you mentioned it GhostCat. Gave me chills again.

of my favs are "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve And "What Dreams May Come" with Robin Williams, both directed by Stephen Simon who is one of the founders of "Spiritual Cinema" which is a membership thing.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#27 JimDe

JimDe

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:12 AM

The Others
Posted Image

#28 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

The Shining (original), The Others, Sixth Sense... (12 Monkeys)

Edited by peepers, 26 August 2007 - 10:20 AM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#29 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

What Dreams May Come
Sixth Sense
City of Angels
Field of Dreams

#30 JimDe