• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:36 PM

On last nights live show our friends at T.A.P.S. placed a large rubber ball on the floor, placed two sticks in a "L" around it, left the floor and returned later to see if the spirit of a little boy had moved it. Low and belhold it was moved about 16 feet. All a goggle they did the same thing, only this time they placed a camera behing the ball and again left the floor for a period of time.

All well an good you say, then tell me why didn't these lauded professional ghost hunters didn't think to place the camera there the first time? Wouldn't that have been the intelligent thing to do? :Wall:

I guess that I answered my own question ... LOL!!!

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 01 November 2007 - 03:39 PM.

Published Author and Paranormal Archaeologist

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

Hey Richard !!

Yes it frustrating when you see things like that on TV, Most Haunted is like that too !!

We have had a 5 night frenzy of Most Haunted Live, it was very good, but some things happened when they took a break from the live feed and went to adverts lol :Wall:

#3 2mcgrath

2mcgrath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

yeah i would have love to seen footage of it moving that far.i dont know if they forgot to put the camera there first time around or not

#4 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:42 PM

They probably would have peed in their pants or worse if it had moved while they were there. Send Brian in, he used to run pretty fast ...LOL!!!

With all of their high-tech equipment, they still come up cold 99% of the time. Maybe they should consider not provoking spirits but rather us a psychic on their investigations?

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 01 November 2007 - 03:46 PM.

#5 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

LOL!!!!

I saw that too.

I also saw one of their shows with the woman who pulls the sheets off of feet and plays. They caught it on film and yet they did not even try to debunk it and then called it inconclusive???

I could even see the woman there, well I cheat tho....lol!

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#6 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

How about that wrestling star ... amaizingly, he saw something! That really lent credibility to the show :Wall: If Boris Karloff was still alive, now that would lend some credibility ... LOL!!!

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 01 November 2007 - 03:59 PM.

#7 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

What floor was this on? I'm not sure how far the restoration on Waverly has gone but if the ball was near an open window (which, last I knew, most of the windows in Waverly were broken) a breeze may have moved it. Too, I've heard that place is quite drafty, anyhow. So, even if a camera had caught it moving, they'd still have to make note of any drafts or open windows, as well as the weather.

All I can say is that I was over-come with sadness for those young spirits while watching last night.

Amanda

#8 ~*Jazzy*~

~*Jazzy*~

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal happenings...and being able to discuss odd things without people running at you with a straight jacket!!<br /><br />Places I've had the luxury of investigating:<br /><br />Waverly Hills (Louisville, Kentucky)<br />Moundsville State Pen (West Virginia)<br />Prospect Mansion (Ohio)

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

I have no doubt that the ball moved. I too was disappointed that they didn't already have a camera on it. I can tell you from experience, (and it's your choice to believe me or not) the ball really will move on its own. Here's my experience at Waverly and the ball:

Another investigator and I were approximately 15 feet apart and we were rolling the ball between us. The entire time we were talking to "Timmy" and asking if he wanted to play with us. I rolled the ball to the other investigator and said "Come on, it's your turn Timmy" and the ball stopped in the center of the area, THEN rolled to the other investigator. We did this 2 other times with the same results. The ball stopped in the middle and didn't move again. I said "Ok, how 'bout we play hide and seek. You go hide the ball and we'll come find it". There were only 3 of us on that end of the hallway when it was happening. We walked to the other end and found the other investigators and explained to them what had gone on and then we all walked back down to where we had left the ball. The ball was GONE! We could account for every person that was on that floor and we knew there was no one else at that end of the hallway. We all set out in search of the ball (which looked exactly like the one that was on the show last night) and found it inside a room, 5 doors down the hallway. How it got there, we can only assume that Timmy wanted to play hide and seek with us and he moved it.

The stationary cameras we had with us were in other locations, and we didn't get it on film either. It was just an incredible personal experience and one that made a lasting impression. Waverly is one of the most incredible places to investigate and hopefully I'll be going back there in the near future.
Posted Image Thanks Aloha!!!The MAN on the cover of GQ that is in my profile pic is the LOVE of my life!

#9 Guest_Crone_*

Guest_Crone_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Moving this to the Paranormal TV board.

#10 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.
    Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

Did they check the floor to see if it's level? I didn't watch the whole program. But on their show, I never see them with a tape measure or a level or anything practical like that. Maybe they have used those tools, but I missed the episodes. Grant talked about how those cheap rubber balls are lopsided and move in peculiar ways. But geez, guys, they're plumbers! Get out the bleeping level and check the floor! I have never visited Waverly, and plan never to set foot in the place. So to those of you who have been there, do you know if the floor in the hall is level? Thanks!
Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#11 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:52 PM

Richard, the TAPS team may have wanted a camera placed on the ball to begin with, but, due to the HOLLYWOODIZATION of the show, may have been overruled by techies and producers... being left with the the stipulation "....if something happens we'll put a camera on it"...... neither Grant, Jay nor Steve are idiots.... but, with certainty, production team protocal will conflict with the "creative forces" somewhere resulting in compromise........

Definitely toooooo many commercials......... and the hunt for the new team member was less than entertaining, to say the least..... What was Sci Fi thinking? :Wall:

Edited by peepers, 01 November 2007 - 07:53 PM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#12 TAPSfan

TAPSfan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:54 PM

I enjoyed watching it, but the narrator and guest hunters were somewhat irritating.

#13 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:55 AM

I thought it was a little boring so I went to bed. The scary music in the background is irritating. They will hear a noise and say "did you hear that"? How can we hear much of anything over the cheesy music and the constant blabbing? I know it's for effect but it's annoying and I also wonder what kind of evp they get with all that blabbing to boot.

#14 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:42 AM

I thought it was a little boring so I went to bed. The scary music in the background is irritating. They will hear a noise and say "did you hear that"? How can we hear much of anything over the cheesy music and the constant blabbing? I know it's for effect but it's annoying and I also wonder what kind of evp they get with all that blabbing to boot.

I SOOOOOOOO agree!!!!! You think during the live feed we wouldn't have to listen to that crap..... I can understand them using the music in the editted shows.... another bad production choice..... :ghost:
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#15 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

I SOOOOOOOO agree!!!!! You think during the live feed we wouldn't have to listen to that crap..... I can understand them using the music in the editted shows.... another bad production choice..... :ghost:

AMEN!!! I DVR'd it and have been watching it off and on... I made the comment to my wife last night that they were talking way too much and the music was annoying...

Also, when they Steve and Tango were investigating, I think it was the 4th floor, and you saw the light comming towards them, it looked to me like someone from the staff carrying a flash light and turned into a room... If I saw something like that happen, I wouldn't just say "Hello??" and then continue on with my conversation, I would go down and see what the heck it was... I still have 2 or 3 more hours to watch, but I haven't been impressed so far... I guess we'll have to see what is revealed next week...

Chris
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users