Bad luck or what?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cricket6274

Cricket6274

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I need some insight.....bad!! I can't figure it out to save my life and I need some opinions...bad luck? haunting? bad energy?

My husband and I moved to the country about 6 years ago. Since the move things have from good to bad to worse....and I'm afraid to say anymore than that. When we first signed the contract, we were responsible for getting a surveyor. Surveyor came out but never submitted paperwork....had to close without a survey. The day we moved in the septic backed up. A couple of months later the well went out. A couple of months after that a windy rainstorm picked up our metal building throwing into our roof ( and somersaulting across the house to land on the opposite side), causing a hole and letting rain in....eventually causing the ceiling to collaspe. Everything the metal building was covering was damaged....including digital pics of my son when he was a baby. After that had happened we called the company to come and remove the building, but were told they were not responsible. My husband took the building apart and his leg slipped and a piece of rebar went through his leg, which resulted in a staph infection. A few months after that the outside unit on our brand new AC went out. Then my husband decided he wanted to start his own business. He bought a dump truck to deliver gravel. He hired someone to replace the carbureter (sp?) and when it was done, took it for a spin and the engine caught fire. Shortly after that, the transmission in my car went out. After it was fixed, not even a year later another problem with the thermostat and water pump came up .In August the inside unit on the AC went out and the driveshaft on my husband truck fell out A month ago, another problem with the well came up. This time it went dry...we tried to lower the pump but it went 6 inches and hit the bottom. Then my husband truck wouldn't come out of park, he put new fuses init but when he tried to go from park to reverse, the fuses blew. We're having a problem with mice in the house (3 in the last 5 weeks.) And last night the AC went out again....There are more things that have happened, but those are the biggies. We are now so broke that we can't afford anything anymore and have completely shot our credit in the past few years.....Is any of this associated with a haunting? I feel like the land is jinxed. We bought this because it was a foreclosure and have no idea of the owners before us. The area that we live in was once part of Comanche territory if that means anything. I haven't heard anything or really seen anything (I think I see dark figures at night, but it could be from the light of the TV.) Just lots of "bad luck" and I feel like something is telling us in it's own way to go away. Our finances have never been so bad.....before we moved here we made less and had more money to spend on splurging, now we're lucky to buy groceries.

#2 MrGrimm

MrGrimm

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research & Investigations, Psychology, Dreams, Writing, Animal Behavior, Movies, Music, History

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

From your description, sounds like it could just be a horrible string of bad events that has nothing to do with hauntings. Of course, with me never being there, I couldn't say for certain.

I hope your "luck" improves and I'll be sending many well wishes your way for you and your family.

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

Could be just a run of bad luck. If you are thinking that its related to the land, then I suggest you start researching. Get the assessor ID number of the house & land its sitting on (it should be attached to property tax bill). You should be able to use that to research who's owned the property before you (the street address is also useful for this). Look in county records: Townhall, courthouse, library, and local historical society. Anyone who's been the area for all of their lives and who's family has been there for generations would be good to talk to.

Research! Good luck hunting!

Edited by Cryscat, 10 October 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I feel like bad luck is a matter of perception, but it definitely sounds like you've had an unpleasant go of things and when it rains, it pours. I wouldn't necessarily say any of this is evidence of the property being haunted, but more like a string of bad luck associated with buying a foreclosed property with some hidden, and not so hidden issues. These properties often seem like a great deal, but the amount of work and money that goes into them, plus all the headaches of real estate and buying property that can end horribly if not taken care of with diligence sometimes make them not worth the effort. A lot of the time, these locations are foreclosed for a reason.

This string of bad luck won't break as long as you're giving it power, and attributing events to it. Get yourself a good home inspection done, paying special attention to wiring issues, structural foundation, plumbing, and the roof. Prioritize things that need fixed or improved, and work out a budget of how it can be paid for. I hate to say it, but if there are too many issues, it may be best to cut losses and try to sell before you go further into debt or end up with a problem where someone could get more seriously hurt.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#5 Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Mysteries of the metaphysical and of the puzzle type. Drawing, writing, beading, hiking, house cleaning - just my own - travel, driving, comedy.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

A number of years ago we purchased land quite far up north in Canada. It was one of nine private properties in the middle of first nations land. Although we never had the number of or extreme unfortunate events that you have experienced, we did have a number of hard luck incidents take place. It was not a primary residence but we tried to go up as often as possible. One time a tire come off of our vehicle while it was going down the road, another time we went mushroom picking in what turned out to be the hottest, driest autumn ever, and other events, nothing major but always always something, that left us way more in debt than before we started. I thought about it a lot and it honestly felt like we had somehow interfered with what was the land's natural destiny. It might sound weird to personify the land but that's how it seemed. It wasn't a ghost thing or a haunted thing but a land thing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users