• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spooksfield

spooksfield

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Hey yall i am Shaun B. of SPOOKS based out of Springfield,MO. my squad and another out of Joplin have been recieving reports of Werewolf sightings in the Ozarks.Over the past 6 weeks In SW Mo,NE Ark,Eastern OK and Kansas. Has anyone else been recieving reports in the area? If so i'd like to talk with you and compare resources, hope i put this in the right section if not my apologies.
Thanks

B
2012:The Paranormal CookbookConvergence of Reality and the SupernaturalDrops in January 2010spooksfield.com

#2 soontide

soontide

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

I know it's been a while since you posted this but it caught my eye because of a place I'm trying to find that may be of interest to you guys as well. It's a location somewhere in North eastern Oklahoma locally called Werewolf Crossing. The story I heard about it was from a friend of mine who heard it from her brother so it's not what I would call direct testimony but I have heard that it's also part of local Osage indian lore as well.

The story goes that a group of teen boys out one night drinking decide to check out the legends of the place that locals call werewolf crossing. They head out there, loaded up on beer, etc. to "hunt the werewolves". When they get to the desolate area where two dirt roads cross, the park the car and get out, being loud like only drunk boys can be, and demand that the werewolves show themselves. The story goes that the boys got their wish and only one made it out alive. He was knocked out by the falling body of his friend that fell over him into the back seat of the car.

The next morning, the boy wakes up to find his dead friend atop him. He gets out of the car to see a scene out of a horror movie. The car is torn up, there is blood everywhere but not bodies. The boy walks down one of the roads looking for help and comes across an old shack the porch of which is decorated with numerous Osage wards and charms. An old man comes out of the house and promptly tells the boy that he doesn't belong there. The boy, feeling a sense of foreboding from the old man, runs back down the road to be met by a local police officer who has been sent out to find the boys. When they go back to the shack, it's a falling down ruin with no evidence of anyone having lived there for a very long time.

If you have heard similar stories, please let me know. I'm trying to find out if this is just local folklore or if it was based on an actual happening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users